Pro Black but Equal Oppurtunity Dater

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Breh, some of these posters fighting the right to pawg are the same nikkaz against bed wenching, the GotDamn L's.:why:

@Will Ross @Malik @Opus let's say you have mixed kids, do you want them to marry black or it doesn't matter?:patrice:

I don't care who black woman date. They're adults. I'm an adult. You're insecure and a weirdo if you get irate and mad over who strangers choose to have relationships with. Do you.

I'm 26. I'm not thinking about marriage anytime soon.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think dating solely black women is low bar to win the title of pro black. And if being pro black requires other actions in addition to who you date, those other actions are much more important. Frederick Douglass is about as pro black as you can get in my book and he married a white woman.

Just because your spouse is black doesn't automatically mean you're pro-black. And having a non-black spouse doesn't mean that you don't want black people to do well, or even to succeed overall.

However, you'll have a hard time convincing folks you're pro-black if you're married to a non-black person.

Last edited:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
So why go through with a pregnancy or let a guy hit raw if you can't assure this?

Why would me building a family with a Nigerian American woman not be good for the Black community?
how can you ever be sure, really?
I've seen women first and second hand women in love, in a 2 sided relationships, get pregnant with the blessing of the father then things fall apart soon after for several reasons.
A large part is most black men don't have the tools emotional, financial, network etc to community build.
They dont respect blackness in general, therefore don't respect the black family.
Or looking for the next best thing( all though i think this is a male thing and not just a black male thing).
They dont want to build with black women. They don't want to invest in their family/ union with Black women, she makes a mistake its over. ' im getting me a white bytch, black women too difficult!'
They dont feel that the have to put effort in the relationship. you have my baby , so no other man will want you so accept my bare minimum and stfu.

My point being Black men/women are emotionally damaged so you never really know how they will react under that family pressure. That is one of the greatest challenges in life keeping a family happy and together.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came up in the Black church doing community work as well and I branched out from that. You know full well how hypocritical the black church can be. You can't tell me you wouldn't look at your pastor differently if he was out here living a life that was contrary to what he believes in and preaches to you on Sunday morning. That is no different here. There is a clear disconnect in ideology and actions. And that is the problem I have here. You can't state what you believe and not follow that up with your action.I'm of the belief that people judge you more by what do then by what you say. What does the bible call a person like that? It calls them lukewarm. And I'm looking at too many lukewarm nikkas in this thread who want only want to be half down

I don't fully know everything going on the ground in Ferguson like you do, but what I do know is that all of that would have been in vain if no actual building is done. That for me is the biggest thing. nikkas will talk all day about everything under the sun but will get ghost when it's time to actually build. And from where I'm standing, you can't build with people who's heart isn't fully in it.
Good post.

Here's the thing

Do lukewarm preachers effect your faith in the word ? If you had a trusted community preacher your whole life, would you renounce your faith if he was an adulterer? No. Cause my faith is my faith.

It's the same when you're working for a cause/for the community. If you yourself are black and you identify as that and want to help other black folks (a severely undermanned and underfunded cause) then you are for the cause. All that side shyt is unnecessary. Regardless of the race of their mother, a black dude's kids will be black and will most likely identify with black folks. The system will treat them as black. So you can't want to make a better environment for those kids if their mom aint black?

nikkas want to exclude folks who put in actual work but the lynch mob never comes for gangstas and thugs, pimps and pushers. Somehow their blackness is never in question.

If people are to be judged by their actions then judge weight of the actions appropriately.

Last edited:

kayslay

African American Princess
Daps
So why go through with a pregnancy or let a guy hit raw if you can't assure this?

Why would me building a family with a Nigerian American woman not be good for the Black community?

i never said its not good.
its just of no benefit to the black american community.
there is no shortage of quality Nigerian Men but their is a shortage on the Black American side.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
your generational wealth is destroyed
you'll just be that nikka on ancestry.com

Pretty much you will be that family member your gran kids and great gran kids pull out to get some validation that they are of some form of exotic heritage and then back into the corner you go.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
i never said its not good.
its just of no benefit to the black american community.
there is no shortage of quality Nigerian Men but their is a shortage on the Black American side.

how if they are growing up in America?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Pretty much you will be that family member your gran kids and great gran kids pull out to get some validation that they are of some form of exotic heritage and then back into the corner you go.

yup like someone said look at the rockefellers not saying ill ever have that bread or prestige but gawt damn it, 100 year from now id like the reinscarf name still be carried on with ebony skin

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I don't care who black woman date. They're adults. I'm an adult. You're insecure and a weirdo if you get irate and mad over who strangers choose to have relationships with. Do you.

I'm 26. I'm not thinking about marriage anytime soon.
I didn't ask you if you care if black women date out, nor do I care if black women date out as long their not belittle their race.

The question I ask you "IF" down the road you marry someone non black and have mixed kids, would you want your kids to marry black or you don't care?

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Jew is a culture/religion. They have their own culture.
I agree with your point though. Culture does trump something as arbitrary as "race." I've traveled extensively overseas, and I definitely understood what it felt to be as as an "American" rather than just black.

IMPO if you took a black American from NYC and a White American from Texas and put them in a room with a Black Brazilian and a White Brazilian....the two nationalities would share far much more than the two people from the same color.

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't ask you if you care if black women date out, nor do I care if black women date out as long their not belittle their race.

The question I ask you "IF" down the road you marry someone non black and have mixed kids, would you want your kids to marry black or you don't care?

I wouldn't care as long as they had a sense of their own blackness. If you understand that and still date out you made that decision with your eyes open. If I sensed it was on some bullshyt I wouldn't be pleased at all.