6B05CD7E-81AE-47CC-8D8FD2A06CD29858.jpg

:mjcry:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Exactly, I LOVE creative black names!
yes, took me time to get to that point but i value the fact that we have distinct names unique to our ethnic group.
i have one mself.
i did however side eye him for the Shaniqua reference not because i have issue with the name, but we know what kind of people like to refer to all black women as SHANIQUAS and BONQUISHAS and what they really mean by it. :mjpls:
so when i see other black people get on that Shaniqua and Daquan BS, it irks me.:childplease:

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with unique names I just get mad when I meet these kids with names like Co'rye pronounced Cory. Im like :stopitslime:. How you mama gonna name you Cory and spell it like that?

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Exactly, I LOVE creative black names!
yes, took me time to get to that point but i value the fact that we have distinct names unique to our ethnic group.
i have one mself.
i did however side eye him for the Shaniqua reference not because i have issue with the name, but we know what kind of people like to refer to all black women as SHANIQUAS and BONQUISHAS and what they really mean by it. :mjpls:
so when i see other black people get on that Shaniqua and Daquan BS, it irks me.:childplease:
Right names like Jasika or Lebron I can deal with but the Shaniqua, Daquan is like :usure:

Opus

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:manny:

Like I said. You can't have it both ways. You're either about it of you're not. If you're not claiming pro black then do what you wanna do.

I think dating solely black women is low bar to win the title of pro black. And if being pro black requires other actions in addition to who you date, those other actions are much more important. Frederick Douglass is about as pro black as you can get in my book and he married a white woman.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You think we should steer clear of living in more diverse neighborhoods? I would've love to raise my kids in my old neighborhood by shyt is even worse than when I grew up and the schools are that much worse. That's the fine line we walk trying to raise black kids. My neighborhood as a little of everything and the kids go to school with all types of different races

Then move to a nice black community. You do know they exist right :comeon:

And I'm speaking for myself but I absolutely believe black people need to CHOOSE to live around other black people. We should live around our own, marry our own, do business with our own, and elect our own. Every other group does it but us. We're the only ones trying to have a damn rainbow coalition while everyone else is looking out for themselves.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Compare Helen Pitts to the average white woman of today to try and get your koonery points across brehs

I think dating solely black women is low bar to win the title of pro black. And if being pro black requires other actions in addition to who you date, those other actions are much more important. Frederick Douglass is about as pro black as you can get in my book and he married a white woman.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Nikkas can do whatever they want. We all grown. People just sound crazy calling people who date IR c00ns when they don't date black women themselves. Nikkas want to date Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Biracials, Brazilian, other Caribbean, Ethiopian...as if that makes them better. You still leaving YOUR woman out in the cold. What about Shaniqua dog? :mjpls: What about Tawanda? :mjpls: They not good enough no more? You gotta go get you a half-white black girl or a black girl from another country? You a c00n too :mjpls:
:why: You can't be for real.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Why can't y'all just call yaselfs pro-equality then? How can you care about the future of blacks if your own future generation isn't?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
And they also have a shared sense of oppression across the globe. There's a reason Afro-Brazilian women were calling for Black American women to help them in their struggle against the racist/sexist television program and not White Brazilian women.
They also live in the same country, speak the same language, eat the same foods, dance to the same music. Some of them even live in the same houses. Its no comparison.

A white Jamaican like this guy

Would have a lot more in common with Usian Bolt than the average black American would.