PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
ai has a better crossover but he doesnt have more handles than wade overall at all

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes I did indeed break it down. either youre blatantly ignoring it, or youre looking for some type of essay. and no, im not just basing it off of the playoff run in 2001. that's moreso just the icing on the cake.

im not into talking in circles dog.

and its pointless, because Iverson isn't even where we really differ. we differ in the fact that I just don't see wade in the same light that you do PERIOD. theres guards that we probably both would put Iverson over that I would still put over wade. you seem to keep ignoring this as well.

Where we differ is how we judge players. I judge them based upon what they and they alone do on the court. I value impact, versatility, and efficiency. The light I view guys in is completely based on those things. You on the other hand judge guys on team accomplishments (when convenient of course :heh:) and numbers (when convenient) and formulate impact in you mind rather than assessing actual impact on the court.

Anybody can be viewed in any light in my eyes based on what they actually do. Too bad you can't say the same.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
ai didnt have it in his dna to weave in and out through traffic like wade in his prime. wade was like barry sanders with a basketball. ai just had that left to right crossover and he never went right to left with it and a lot of quickness. wade could move through a whole team like a running back and work the post on top of that

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i like ai but outside of that crossover ai's ball handling is not as dynamic as peak wade. you cant argue in any form that it is. the status of that crossover made ai into a stereotype of what handles are supposed to be just as a reflex answer to the question of who has the best handles. the question of who has the best crossover and who has the best handles are two different questions

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Where we differ is how we judge players. I judge them based upon what they and they alone do on the court. I value impact, versatility, and efficiency. The light I view guys in is completely based on those things. You on the other hand judge guys on team accomplishments (when convenient of course :heh:) and numbers (when convenient) and formulate impact in you mind rather than assessing actual impact on the court.

Anybody can be viewed in any light in my eyes based on what they actually do. Too bad you can't say the same.

I judge players based on team accomplishments now? how long have you seen me posting here?

and the team chit wasn't even my argument. Its just something that I chimed in on after people were already arguing about it.

this chit is getting ridiculous.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka

Now lets talk crossovers cause Wade and AI might be the 2 best all time, but in different ways. AI has better "handles", and that is based on his sizing up dribbling. He is the GOAT at dribbling in place to set you up for the cross and thats also a reason why he was considered a ball hog, he set most of his crosses up off of sizing up first. With Wade, he does not play with the ball, his shyt is usually 1, 2, or 3 dribbles and he is gone. He also has the most versitile finishing at the basket since MJ, not even Bron has as many different finishing moves at the basket. With Wade, you are gone get 2 highlights when there is a cross cause of his ability to finish so beautifully. Think bout Wades best crosses Eric Snow, Deshawn Stephenson (2 times), Howard Eisley, Chauncy, throwing the ball thru a nikka legs and ooping to shaq, ect. It seems like with Wade after a crossover that nikka powers up to finish the play with excitment.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Matter of fact, as I watch that video for the 100th time, there is nobody else in the history of the game with crossovers in that many different ways. I can confidently say Wade is the most versatile ever with crosses. He has numerous spectacular crosses in EVERY SINGLE WAY POSSIBLE. The fake one direction go the other from the triple threat, the spin fake jumper, the fake towards the pick with a dribble cross the opposite way, the utep 2 step, the spin move finishes at the basket, the eurostep ankle breakers, the behind the back one on one or thru the pick, ect.

I think nikkas are really underestimating Wade as a player and seriously as a ballhandler. For the last Decade only Wade and CP3 has came close to Lebrons all around production, and in some cases Wade and Bron were neck and neck in numbers and playoff success. As far as highlights, I been waiting 5 years to see a crossover reel better.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I cant get mad at anyone who chooses Wade over Iverson but doesn't longevity and how long you stay at the top of your game count for something too in these mythical all time rankings of players. I am a huge Wade fan but it isn't a good look that he has only played 10 years and was looking washed up for stretches the last couple seasons. Maybe it's the injuries or maybe he's just lost a step too. But having three rings will put him over Iverson when it's all said and done.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I judge players based on team accomplishments now? how long have you seen me posting here?

and the team chit wasn't even my argument. Its just something that I chimed in on after people were already arguing about it.

this chit is getting ridiculous.

:comeon: You have gone on and on about the 15 win season in MIA and gave AI props for ensuring that his team only had lower lottery picks :laff:. The shyt has been ridiculous. I was just giving you benefit of the doubt that you had something of substance but it's become pretty clear that you don't and now you are just resorting to feeble attempts to change the argument or act like you didn't say what you said. There is no substantive argument for AI and you know it but hey feel free to continue going in circles alone.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant get mad at anyone who chooses Wade over Iverson but doesn't longevity and how long you stay at the top of your game count for something too in these mythical all time rankings of players. I am a huge Wade fan but it isn't a good look that he has only played 10 years and was looking washed up for stretches the last couple seasons. Maybe it's the injuries or maybe he's just lost a step too. But having three rings will put him over Iverson when it's all said and done.

This is about them in their primes not their entire careers. That said I don't think that prime AI would have been willing/able to do what a hobbled Wade has done the last couple years.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
This is about them in their primes not their entire careers. That said I don't think that prime AI would have been willing/able to do what a hobbled Wade has done the last couple years.
I hear dat but length of prime matters too. AI prime years could be considered from 97 to about 2008/2009 which is an incredibly long time for player of his stature. While Wade's prime would be like 2004 to 2010 which is much shorter and thus a reason I could see someone taking Chuck over him. And AI probably wouldn't be willing to do what Wade has done cuz at 30 and 31 he was still near the top of his game and probably wouldn't want to take a backseat to anyone.