PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear dat but length of prime matters too. AI prime years could be considered from 97 to about 2008/2009 which is an incredibly long time for player of his stature. While Wade's prime would be like 2004 to 2010 which is much shorter and thus a reason I could see someone taking Chuck over him. And AI probably wouldn't be willing to do what Wade has done cuz at 30 and 31 he was still near the top of his game and probably wouldn't want to take a backseat to anyone.

Which would limit his teams championship potential. AI definitely wins the longevity battle however I am not sure how much better off your team would be after 12 years of AI and his physical limitations and unwillingness to alter his game and fit in it with other talent players and inability to have an impact outside of scoring and dominating the ball vs. 6/7 years of Wades' all around brilliance with comparable scoring and his willingness to take the backseat while still stepping up when needed not to mention his recruiting/player connections.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Which would limit his teams championship potential. AI definitely wins the longevity battle however I am not sure how much better off your team would be after 12 years of AI and his physical limitations and unwillingness to alter his game and fit in it with other talent players and inability to have an impact outside of scoring and dominating the ball vs. 6/7 years of Wades' all around brilliance with comparable scoring and his willingness to take the backseat while still stepping up when needed not to mention his recruiting/player connections.
Still think we would be singing a different tune about AI if he got to start his career off with a big man like Shaq or Duncan. And I say Duncan cause Parker was a similar kind of player but playing with Tim and under Popovich helped him put some discipline in his game. Something AI always needed.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Still think we would be singing a different tune about AI if he got to start his career off with a big man like Shaq or Duncan. And I say Duncan cause Parker was a similar kind of player but playing with Tim and under Popovich helped him put some discipline in his game. Something AI always needed.

ofcourse AI would have rings playing with Shaq and Duncan

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Parker and Iverson were nothing alike. And him and Shaq would have never meshed as Shaq's a hater and A.I. is a gangster.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Parker and Iverson were nothing alike. And him and Shaq would have never meshed as Shaq's a hater and A.I. is a gangster.
Fast as hell quick with the ball and basically a one man fast break. And both had average at best outside shots. They are more alike than they are different.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Parker is nothing like AI. :wtf: Larry Brown tried to help him put some discipline in his game and he fought him every step of the way. At a certain point grown ass men gotta take responsibility for what they do or don't do. AI had opportunities with talented players and teams to change the tune and he wasn't interested.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fast as hell quick with the ball and basically a one man fast break. And both had average at best outside shots. They are more alike than they are different.

You just described the majority of smaller guards. Their respective approaches to the game were not similar at all.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Parker is nothing like AI. :wtf: Larry Brown tried to help him put some discipline in his game and he fought him every step of the way. At a certain point grown ass men gotta take responsibility for what they do or don't do. AI had opportunities with talented players and teams to change the tune and he wasn't interested.
Both of them were score first point guards who were at one time considered the fastest player in the league. Don't see where I reached with that comparison at all. Not talking about their approach. Just talking about their similar skillsets. Larry Brown tried to discipline AI somewhat but he never sat his ass down on the bench for an extended period of time. Something a coach like Pop would have done in a heartbeat.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:comeon: You have gone on and on about the 15 win season in MIA and gave AI props for ensuring that his team only had lower lottery picks :laff:. The shyt has been ridiculous. I was just giving you benefit of the doubt that you had something of substance but it's become pretty clear that you don't and now you are just resorting to feeble attempts to change the argument or act like you didn't say what you said. There is no substantive argument for AI and you know it but hey feel free to continue going in circles alone.

AND AGAIN, those posts about the lottery and all that WERE IN RESPONSE to other people's posts. I didn't come in here saying that Iverson is better just because of that. stop being thick-headed. im gonna fallback, because I cant talk to people when they get on this tip that youre on now.

and please don't be one of those parrot posters. I pointed out numerous times that youre talking in circles. now you suddenly want to claim that im talking in circles because "its sounded hot" when I said it to you.:smh: im just replying to your repetitive posts.

I see where this is going and im not trying to hurl insults so lets just end it here.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both of them were score first point guards who were at one time considered the fastest player in the league. Don't see where I reached with that comparison at all. Not talking about their approach. Just talking about their similar skillsets. Larry Brown tried to discipline AI somewhat but he never sat his ass down on the bench for an extended period of time. Something a coach like Pop would have done in a heartbeat.

Like I said most small guards have that skillset. Your approach determines how you play the game, how you fit in with the offense, how receptive you are to coaching, how successful you end up being. You can't overlook that when comparing players. There is no guarantee that AI responds to benching like TP did. He certainly didn't respond to his coaching riding him like TP did. Like I said at a certain point grown men have to be accountable for what they do/don't do.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AND AGAIN, those posts about the lottery and all that WERE IN RESPONSE to other people's posts. I didn't come in here saying that Iverson is better just because of that. stop being thick-headed. im gonna fallback, because I cant talk to people when they get on this tip that youre on now.

and please don't be one of those parrot posters. I pointed out numerous times that youre talking in circles. now you suddenly want to claim that im talking in circles because "its sounded hot" when I said it to you.:smh: im just replying to your repetitive posts.

I see where this is going and im not trying to hurl insults so lets just end it here.

Okay so why are you quoting me in response to other people's posts?:wtf: That makes no sense. Everything I have said to you has been in response to you. I am not going in circles I am asking the same question because you have yet to provide a substantive response. What makes AI better? Simple question really. Don't tell me about what teams did. Don't tell me about what feeling you got from a guy. Dont' tell me how hard it is to be under 6 feet tall. Tell me what makes prime AI better as an individual player than Wade on the basketball court. You have already conceded that Wade is a better all around player and we all know that Wade is bigger so it's pretty much incumbent upon you to demonstrate not only that AI was a superior scorer but he was a vastly superior scorer to the point where his scoring made up for all of those other things. Good luck with that. :heh:

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Okay so why are you quoting me in response to other people's posts?[/B]:wtf: That makes no sense. Everything I have said to you has been in response to you. I am not going in circles I am asking the same question because you have yet to provide a substantive response. What makes AI better? Simple question really. Don't tell me about what teams did. Don't tell me about what feeling you got from a guy. Dont' tell me how hard it is to be under 6 feet tall. Tell me what makes prime AI better as an individual player than Wade on the basketball court. You have already conceded that Wade is a better all around player and we all know that Wade is bigger so it's pretty much incumbent upon you to demonstrate not only that AI was a superior scorer but he was a vastly superior scorer to the point where his scoring made up for all of those other things. Good luck with that. :heh:

:what::snoop: @ the bolded.

I told you MULTIPLE TIMES why I think Iverson is better than wade and it didn't have chit to do with team ball.

this is getting too weird. peace out ak.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what::snoop: @ the bolded.

I told you MULTIPLE TIMES why I think Iverson is better than wade and it didn't have chit to do with team ball.

this is getting too weird. peace out ak.

If looking for factual support rather than just empty assertions that can't be easily refuted is weird I don't know what to tell you. :manny: BTW you have just pulled of the message board trifecta:

A) ignoring my points because you can't refute them
B) trying to change the discussion because you can't refute what I am saying
C) trying to act like something is wrong with me because you can't refute what I am saying

Belief perseverance is a bytch huh? :patrice:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
If looking for factual support rather than just empty assertions that can't be easily refuted is weird I don't know what to tell you. :manny: BTW you have just pulled of the message board trifecta:

A) ignoring my points because you can't refute them
B) trying to change the discussion because you can't refute what I am saying
C) trying to act like something is wrong with me because you can't refute what I am saying

Belief perseverance is a bytch huh? :patrice:

something is wrong with you because you cant read.

A.) I didn't ignore anything. I addressed everything.
B.) im not trying to change the discussion. im trying to fallback because the only thing that's gonna come out of this at this point is name-calling. I refuted everything that I disagreed with already. YOURE THE ONE THAT KEPT TALKING IN CIRCLES, when you could've easily just agreed to disagree.
C.) something is indeed wrong with you.

again. peace out. or I take it that you just want the last word?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Statistically Iverson had a few better years than Kobe. To this day he has better averages in points and assists even despite those throwaway years in Detroit, Memphis and his Philly return.

So how is AI not on Kobe level? He's actually better pound for pound :blessed:
And I guess that makes him better than wade for you kobe fans:leon:

yep.

dudes just don't understand.