Prey | Hulu | Aug 5, 2022 | Predator vs Native Americans set 300 years in the past

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
How you call something a classic and one of your favourite movies ever and still not give it a full four stars smh

Im reading some of yall star ratings and the comments that follow just dont match up

:mjtf:Those aren't my star ratings. :35stars: movies are classics. They're great. They're excellent. They just aren't :4stars: which are masterpieces. I'd have no problem with "Predator" getting ⭐⭐⭐⭐. Those are the "objective" ratings tho.

"AVP Requiem" would get ⭐ from me cuz it was so terrible, which is why, if u looked at my ranking, it's in...last place. My comment matches up with how the movies are ranked both critically and personally.

Pedro Negro

Reefer & Sneakers
Daps
Reppin
New York fukkin' City
I didn’t have high hopes going in but this was super dope. As a fan of the franchise, I loved the back to basics and more nuanced approach to the first half of the film.

The kills, tech and cinematography were tight and Amber Midthunder is always a treat to watch on screen with her sexy ass.

10/10 for this one

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
220px-Prey_2022_poster.png

5/5 STARS GRADE A +

Best Predator Film since the original. Amazing Prequel as well. Blows the last two films out the water. "Predator 2" is still dope but this film brings it all the way back. The Suspense was crazy. Loved the whole Native American theme. It was shot really well and the landscapes along with nature was done nicely. I liked "10 Cloverflied Lane" for the suspense and isolation. Well this film had that aspect too. Also this Predator was hard body. Overall it was much more believable than the previous Sequels. Ol Girl killed it in this.

They handled the dog aspect good too. From the Tribe to the Colonial Soldiers. To the Predator's technology. This was Sci Fi at it's finest here. Hulu got Lucky because yes this was theater quality. But we are in a new age. Blockbusters can debut at Home and still be a good experience. I was able to watch this on my Big Screen. It was a very solid movie. The entire film all I thought about was the Billy Character from Part 1. Anyways, people need to learn. The Predator is always about your hunting skills more than what weapons you necessarily have. Also in the comics again they took on The Native Americans and Colonial Soldiers. The Predator also fought The Confederates as well. But yes this Predator was no joke. He was not playing at all.

SaltyFewAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Director said he was inspired by God of War :ehh:

“I teased a while ago that I took inspiration from the latest God of War video game, and those two things are in the trailer," Trachtenberg revealed. "One is his shield, that you see briefly. And the other is not a Predator gadget, but just the way that Nadu, wields her axe, she invents something very cool for that Tomahawk. And that comes from a mechanic in that video game. I think the shield is something super cool. There's a couple things that are the same, but even those things function slightly differently."

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I'm not heavy in the predator lore but is there a version of Predator that lands in a new environment without weapons and has to "start from scratch" and make shyt on the go?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
this movie is getting called fire way too much. how can a movie be fire if you gotta overlook a bunch of shyt?

I watched brolic purple dude fight a talking racc00n. Easy to suspend belief over a bunch of natives speaking like they from modern day cali