Prey | Hulu | Aug 5, 2022 | Predator vs Native Americans set 300 years in the past

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I will say this b/c I'm a gadget nerd that I always anticipate Predator movies b/c they always intro some dope ass alien hunting concept/tech or weapon. As bad as those overall AVP movies were the Predator tech was :ohhh:
I liked how they brought back that net thing that shrinks from AVP that shyt was dope :whoo:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Y’all not even taking about the actual acting performance or lack thereof since you so caught up in the “It’s a girl!:gladbron:” Which is what they were banking on.
She was pretty terrible. The movie would’ve benefitted from a better actress portraying the character, just as it would’ve felt more authentic if there was actual Native American dialogue (sub-titled, of course). Why have French traders speaking French and broken English, but Comanches speak the Queen’s English like they’d been to school for it? The concept, I thought, was fine. Don’t even care that a woman is the central character. But her only motivation is “because you don’t think I can”. That’s some women’s empowerment BS masked as an action movie. She wasn’t a threat. Didn’t have to fight it. She made herself a threat out of ego. She wanted to fight it long before her brother got killed. That’s too modern for an alledged “period piece”. To make it worse, she dismantled the Predator rather easily. I just finished watching it, and I’m confused as to why this is getting the praise its getting. Granted, I think all of the Predator movies except the first one are trash, but I don’t think this is as good as the 2010 Predators movie.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yep, she literally says that so I don't get how that is going over peoples heads lol

I noticed this with some of the criticism re: ‘the boys’ recent season finale…it’s one thing for someone to intently watch a film/show and decide they don’t like it…but it’s another when they're so intent on bashing a film before seeing it that they end up half-ass watching it and asking/nitpicking about shyt that is clearly explained or strongly inferred

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Some people who don't like it went in from jump hating the concept so there was no hope of them ever being open minded about it. It is what it is long as you yourself enjoyed it who gives a damn about anyone else's opinions :yeshrug:

A lot of weirdos really won’t like/watch movies starring women that could be portrayed as ‘strong’. I had this conversation with this dude i used to work with that said he ain’t want to watch ‘Godless’ on Netflix for that reason.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
A lot of weirdos really won’t like/watch movies starring women that could be portrayed as ‘strong’. I had this conversation with this dude i used to work with that said he ain’t want to watch ‘Godless’ on Netflix for that reason.
I don't understand this stance... I rather look at a sexy broad for two hours than some half naked hyper masculine dude... :dame:

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:scust: SEND THIS bytch
TO THE MCU.

Smart-Select-20220807-103546-You-Tube.gif

Smart-Select-20220807-103742-You-Tube.gif

Smart-Select-20220807-104059-You-Tube.gif

Smart-Select-20220807-104221-You-Tube.gif

:devil:
:evil:

this is going to end up having better action and fight scenes then black panther 2 wakanda forever:russ: :snoop:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don't understand this stance... I rather look at a sexy broad for two hours than some half naked hyper masculine dude... :dame:

This.

plus, if we’re lead to believe predators are as skilled and strong as they are Arnold has about as much of a chance killing one as this little 90lb girl. Either way you gotta extend belief to enjoy the movie as its set up. Being able to deadlift 500lbs ain’t gonna save you.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
She was pretty terrible. The movie would’ve benefitted from a better actress portraying the character, just as it would’ve felt more authentic if there was actual Native American dialogue (sub-titled, of course). Why have French traders speaking French and broken English, but Comanches speak the Queen’s English like they’d been to school for it? The concept, I thought, was fine. Don’t even care that a woman is the central character. But her only motivation is “because you don’t think I can”. That’s some women’s empowerment BS masked as an action movie. She wasn’t a threat. Didn’t have to fight it. She made herself a threat out of ego. She wanted to fight it long before her brother got killed. That’s too modern for an alledged “period piece”. To make it worse, she dismantled the Predator rather easily. I just finished watching it, and I’m confused as to why this is getting the praise its getting. Granted, I think all of the Predator movies except the first one are trash, but I don’t think this is as good as the 2010 Predators movie.
Nah, no one speak that language natively anymore, just look at how forced the lines in Comanche were, just imagine there's an asterik pointing out that the dialogue is happening in comanche in the corner like they do with comic books.

Also it was a movie about an Alien hunting humans for sport, no point in trying to go full "authentic" just make a fun movie, and this one 100% was.

MrSpook

All Star
Daps
I’m convinced most nikkas on the coil wished they were born a women. From the constant threads concerning their behavior to the responses in this thread.

You nikkas wanna be bytches and mad at the Mfs that really were born female.

It’s a lot of twans :wrist:posting on this mf, ole
“yas girl couldn’t have been me running from the predator half the movie” ass nikkas

“Ou Chile Arnold ran and sweated better” ass nikkas

It’s just no way Mfs don’t like this movie because of one little ass girl :laff: