Pretentious Swag Rap Is The Worst Sub Genre Since Snap Music

charmander

Alhamdulillah
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey HawkSet ByrdGang
:comeon:

So now LLA and Kush & OJ did not usher in half of these rap nikkas styles?
(Tatted Up Weed Smoker) n (Avante Garde Imogen Heap rappers)

Cats complaining about originality when the same cats ya bytching about are original.

What is it Char? Black Girl Lost or Shorty owe me for ice :usure: :smugbiden:

asap rocky didn't do anything that lil b didn't already do as far as imogen heap sampling and left field production...he even ran to get the same producers and everything...all he did was bite the chopped and screwed movement and add it to what he already bit from Lil B

and there has never been anything original about wiz khalifa....he has weak imitation biggavel hooks, a weak imitation too short flow, a weak imitation snoop dogg lovable pothead image, and he only started smoking papers after linking up with curren$y

which leads us back to the real point of the thread: if you are going to be out there dressed like a gay circus host, you need to be making some powerful music to go along with it to kill the criticism...

fukking Asap Rocky and Wiz Khalifa are not doing that

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
true, and I give him credit for that.

I actually like Rocky, always been a fan of the dude. he's got a good flow, decent lyrics, great ear for beats and his videos are dope. my issue is moreso with the bloggers and critics who make him out to be more than what he really is, but that shyt aint Rocky's fault. I don't know where his heads at, but more than likely he just wants to make enjoyable hip hop over good beats, and is probably confused by all the critics calling him an avant garde musical genius, but doesn't feel like destroying their perception of him.

I think he has the potential to become the artist that so many bloggers believe he is. but he isn't there yet.

3 stacks, Common when he was messing with Erykah, MF Doom, etc are examples of rappers who's abstract style actually matches their lyrical content. which is why while a lot of people were :wtf: at their fashion choices, they were still respected as artists

Word I agree mang, best believe I kno ASAP fukkin Rocky aint no 3stacks or Nas. But he did come in with some new and original shyt.

Which is leaving me confused. Cuz cats in this thread are complaining that he is jus faking the funk and riding a wave not understanding that this "wave" they are talking about. HE ACTUALLY CREATED.

Then on the flip these the same cats talking about

Is the greatest song of 2012 :troll:

I already see thru the bullshyt. These cats aint complaining about the music. They are jus mad cuz the overal tone of hip hop aint hood no more. Which is ironic cuz I kno for a fact most of these nikkas aint from no fukkin hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Just another example of the media subliminally reinforcing the supremacy of white culture over black urban culture. The same way you have to have a white girl on your arm after you get famous and have to shave your corn rows and "grow up", now its the fact that dressing like a hipster (which lets be real, is white) is the only way to gain legitimacy in the entertainment industry. Any manifestations of black culture are immediately associated with the hood and termed ghetto and thus have to be left behind..

SO you want black men to still be wearing baggy clothes and outdated shyt cause it's "black" :stopitslime:? Urban culture killed itself when it stopped innovating and became too predictable. Stagnation of that and many black folk is why shyt is fukked up these days. Many elements of the early 00s culture never told people to grow up and mature, just stay looking like kids will you dead.

Yeah, that feminine shyt is terrible, but people seem to forget to get a healthy balance of being a regular hetero male these days. You either some super goon wearing 4x white tees and FUBU jeans that is no longer sold in stores or you some Wiz Khalifa kind of dude. No healthy medium.

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
SO you want black men to still be wearing baggy clothes and outdated shyt cause it's "black" :stopitslime:? Urban culture killed itself when it stopped innovating and became too predictable. Stagnation of that and many black folk is why shyt is fukked up these days. Many elements of the early 00s culture never told people to grow up and mature, just stay looking like kids will you dead.

Yeah, that feminine shyt is terrible, but people seem to forget to get a healthy balance of being a regular hetero male these days. You either some super goon wearing 4x white tees and FUBU jeans that is no longer sold in stores or you some Wiz Khalifa kind of dude. No healthy medium.

:manny: at least the baggy shyt was original wiz out here dressing like tim armstrong in 1992 thinking he's on some new found style.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:manny: at least the baggy shyt was original wiz out here dressing like tim armstrong in 1992 thinking he's on some new found style.

yeah, but baggy clothes got killed off by a street rapper named Jim Jones. :umad: Like I said, urban culture killed itself cause it refuse to evolve.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
gator_king said:
What those guys were saying was innovative at the time and what they were doing was sonically grounbreaking...

I'm talking about the dudes that wanna dress like Andre 3000, but don't want to think, work and write like him...It's lazy imo...

Then you need to change the title of this thread as well as your OP to reflect that sentiment. People have been dressing flamboyantly for eons as far as entertainment is concerned and that won't change......

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
USA
I listen to all said rappers from time to time, but won't deny that they lack in creativity and have become posers for the sake of fitting in. They are not truly "artsy" or even "hipster," they are wannabes.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Somehow the real nikkas vs. the fags argument has been equated to the young nikka vs. the old nikka. As bad as I thought Lil Boosie's image was for the youth, at least the nikka dressed solid. Hiphop is going thru it's androgyny period. Before you know it Boy George will be signed to Good Music and Lil Wayne will re-do this album cover.

MUDD110.JPG

nikkas in the hood don't rock this shyt. You'll be a victim of violence if you dress like Rocky in Oakland California.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
:old: nikka thread for sure

Lemme get this straight: This thread isn't about the flamboyancy of today's rappers (because it would be way too easy to call you out on your hypocrisy as Romanti already has) but it's because their music doesn't relfect said flamboyancy? That's the problem?:dwillhuh:

Well then I'd like to propose a question; Why the fukk do you care what these grown ass men wear? I thought hip hop was a genre of MUSIC. Instead there is in unnatural amount of focus on their clothes as if it HAS to match their sound. Did your copy of ONIFC come with a hologram wiz that dances like :stylin: in some leather pants and a poodle fur coat? if it didn't then what effect does this have on the music?

When nikkas discuss Tupac they never talk about the suspect shyt he wore. It was all about the emotional music and HENNESSYYY. Because it was about music, not aligning his fashion with your tastes.

And what exactly is the type content they should be rapping about to fit your image bill? :shaq2: Wiz is shown smokin a lot of weed and wearing stupid clothes. Lo and behold Wiz raps about weed and blowing money on shyt like clothes. :mindblown: Sounds pretty congruent. The only thing that could possibly fit an "out there" image is some "out there" production to match. Otherwise rappers are gonna rap about the same shyt they always have.

Complaining just to complain. Reeks of :flabbynsick:

This is pretty much spot on IMO, especially the bolded...a lot of these dudes image does IN FACT match the music they're making...ASAP is wearing a bunch of high fashion designer clothes because he's into being what he considers cool, trendy and fashionable...not because he believes his music is the culmination of hundreds of years of intellectual thought and the next step in the evolution of civilization or whatever the fukk is supposed to be deemed "acceptable content" by someone that dare where some designer clothes...the people sitting front row at high fashion shows ain't exactly known for their depth...Wiz Khalifia is dressing like Jimmi Hendrix because Jimmi symbolized a care free hippy...and let's be frank, basically "get really high, party and enjoy the ride"...lifestyle...I'm not seeing the disconnect here...

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
The problem is there is no gate keeper. Nobody is willing to hold these nikkas accountable for this androgyny. Everybody is afraid of being called a hater. They shut the real nikkas out the game. The real nikkas only have a voice on message boards and social media, as far as the real nikkas in the industry their all gone.