TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
What trend did Asap hop on musically? :ehh:

2 Chainz flow

Being a NY nikka trying to pretend like he was from somewhere else :biggaplease:

I see where u coming from bruh. I do think you oughta give Rocky's mixtape one go thru tho. I mean yea, sum of my mans n em are cool n down with the ASAP Mobb. But that aint the reason why I fukk with Rocky.

When cats 1st tried to hip me to em I thought he was mediocre. But then I gave his mixtape time n a thorough listen and shyt SLAPPED. I went thru the same thing with Kendrick Lamar, SchoolboyQ n the weeknd.

Cuz I mean lets keep it G here, despite how much of a fan of Biggavel I am, we both kno that most of his shyt is hit or miss. And despite how much cats try to argue against it, ASAP Rocky is original as fukk. When he came in the game NOBODY was doing what he do. Not even Lil B.
I will give his tape a listen. But at the same time, you can't knock me for not digging deeper. People always say, 'how you gonna call him wack, what have you heard from him'... do I have to sit thru a nikka's whole discography to not fukk with his shyt? I heard some freestyles and songs... shyt didn't connect. :yeshrug:

You are right that Bigga is kind of hit or miss, I guess. I dont know anyone who bats more than a .400 in the game. But I run through most of dude's discography weekly. His sound evolved over time and has layers. I'm still finding shyt from him I never heard before :bryan: Picking up new punchlines and shyt I missed... Thats the mark of a true artist.

You hear Drake and all these nikkas... you dont have to hear their songs more than once to hear it all. Thats not saying everything should be complicated and crazy, but these nikkas are one two buckle my Raf Simons shoe simple. ASAP Mob included from what I've heard of them. Throwing in some brands the hood isn't up on doesn't change that

Beegio

You ni66as don't exist we eat filet mignon
Daps
It's especially bad when you see older hip hop artists gravitate towards this new faggy swag that's permeating :huhldup:

Ex. 2 chainz, Pusha T, Kanye, Jay Z, etc.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Music Industry:

Fags run it...nikkas run around in it.

A flip on a Ras Kass line.

For the last 15 or so years Hip Hop has rapidly been taken out of the music industry. This is Corporate Rap NOT Hip Hop you cats are going back in forth on. U can't really compare today's Rap within the music indusrtry to the 80s and early to mid 90s. Puff is probably sittin back as I type with a evil azz smirk on his face :takedat::pacspit:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A great example of my point is PM Dawn. If you saw them approach a stage for the 1st time and never heard their music you wouldn't expect them to have the same content in their music as the 2 Live Crew right?

True...they still got thrown off the stage:krs:

:blessed:the days when Hip Hop policed itself!!

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
spill the beans :mjpls:

it's no coincidence either...peep the guy left :scusthov:
Screen-Shot-2012-12-23-at-12.09.12-PM.png

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know...Where the subject matter is money, clothes, liquor, drugs and hoes just like 90% of all post Death Row hip hop...But the twist is they do it with abstract art placement and homosexual clothing...

This whole Andy Warhol meets Ma$e cornball weirdo sh1t needs to run its course asap...

If your content and thoughts aren't original and creative..All the "unique" clothes, album covers and European culture vulturing won't save you.. You might fool Pitch Fork and the gentrification dwelling taste makers, but real n1ggas see through this..

"Oh Wiz is unique because he dresses like Jimi Hendix while rappin about nothin"..

"The way Kanye can rap about his dikk while surrounded by the Bolshoi Ballet Company is groundbreaking"

"2 Chainz raps about selling crack and drop tops but it's different because he dresses like Boy George now"

"The Cleveland Symphony Orchestra is gonna play background while Weezy raps how how much he loves head"

"Did you see the new album cover for "Make It Rain On a Strippa"? It's an interpertation of Basquiat's early work"

:ohhh:

wiz-khalifa-onifc-cover.jpg

pushatennoirtshirtbethiphopawards.jpg

drake-2-chainz-bet-hip-hop-awards-nominations-the-jasmine-brand.jpg

cute-kanye-west-ballet-black-Favim.com-465076.gif

ASAPROCKYDRESS-450x454-307x310.jpg

:smh:

Yo, that wiz cover is gay as fukk!! Wow..

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I understand what te threadstarter is saying, but pretentious is not the word I would use though....

Basedgod is the only rapper whose abstract beats, image, and content really match in this new generation...

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Haha real talk some of ya old nikkas need to leave rap alone.

Ya'll about to give ya selves brain tumors over this shyt :russ:

I can sense the anger thru my screen.

How quickly ya forget :mjpls:

175059__busta_l.jpg

Not even Kanye would go this far

tupac_david_lachapelle.jpg

:russ: don't forget Outkast

110723-outkast_vmas_2001_617_409.jpg