Presidents now have immunity for "Official Acts". Democrats need to create an official act to jail the orange fukk.

Daps
If I'm being honest any normal president would have given an emergency impromptu press briefing immediately after the SCOTUS decision. This is why I'm on the side that Biden should step down. Where is Dem leadership? An obvious coup is taking place and SCOTUS is laying the groundwork for Trump to be a dictator. This is an emergency if there ever was one.

i don't even think you understand the decision if you are saying this. the case is still ongoing and the ruling didn't change anything that hasn't been in place forever.

i get it that the OP framed it a certain way and the majority of yall probably didn't read. but the fact that yall think government immunity started with this ruling or that this ruling changed anything is even scarier part of this whole thread to me lol :huhldup:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:childplease:
You’re describing a representative democracy. In which citizens elect representatives to a body which makes laws/appoints officials etc.

There really isn’t a meaning to the term “republic” other than it being a system of government that is not a monarchy and the people elect representatives.

The distinction between a republic and a democracy in the US context (false distinction!) is what white people say to disenfranchise black people

It doesn't matter what you want it to be, it's what it is.

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
This isn't sustainable.

SCOTUS is taking advantage of the election year knowing that Biden Admin has other things to worry about. On the other hand, the GOP is determined to appeal to the 38 percent, a 38 percent that largely wont exist long term. I do not know what the play is, the appeals to theocracy and turning the President into a King.

I really can't wait for the 11th. Aileen Cannon's spicy c00n ass is going to throw this case out, so it's gonna be up to Merchan to preserve some fukking common sense of checks and balances. Because these crackers are going fukking crazy right now.

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
America got things so right when it comes to term limits for the leader but completely dropped the ball with the supreme court, these old ass senators, etc..

the oversight gonna be the downfall. Trump and his team have been setting the chess board up for this

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:
You’re describing a representative democracy. In which citizens elect representatives to a body which makes laws/appoints officials etc.

There really isn’t a meaning to the term “republic” other than it being a system of government that is not a monarchy and the people elect representatives.

The distinction between a republic and a democracy in the US context (false distinction!) is what white people say to disenfranchise black people
If you have ever seen comments after a news report of a mass shooting, if the reporter says something akin to “Assault Rifle”, gun nuts will spend there time saying Assault Rifles dont exist. It changes the conversation as conservative whites are prone to do.

There are absolutely more people arguing we are not a Democracy as if to soft-land us into a facist regime. These people are working overtime to prep us for the bullshyt.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You think the democrats gonna reverse this when all of them themselves have committed war crimes while in office?!?:mjlol::laff: all of these people these presidents murdered on their watch through the cia and or collateral damage and or selling weapons to our enemies which gets turned on our soldiers :laff: NO ACCOUNTABILITY!!! NONE

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Six conservative justices hand-picked by a radical right wing think tank just upended any justice coming to a criminal former president, but yeah, let's blame the Democrats for not having precognition!!!"

Clown shït, b. :camby:

Precognition? It doesn't take a genius to know the conservative majority SC is going to rule in favor of conservatives. If this is a surprise to you or the dems then both of yall are idiots. Conservatives literally said they were going after roe v wade etc well before Biden took office. From Day 1 everyone including Biden knew how SC would be ruling on key issues. Are the dems going to keep acting surprised like a dumbass everytime another conservative ruling drops or are they going to go on the offensive and at least try to do something about it?

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
if they busted trump on this they would have to arrest all of the presidents. they all do illegal shyt. bush and cheyney had arrest warrants out in other countries for them. obama and Clinton bombed innocent children. all presidents commit crimes but na it's just trump. Biden extorted ukraine from prosecuting his own son and bragged about it. some of you need get real, read a book, and wake up.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Precognition? It doesn't take a genius to know the conservative majority SC is going to rule in favor of conservatives. If this is a surprise to you or the dems then both of yall are idiots. Conservatives literally said they were going after roe v wade etc well before Biden took office. From Day 1 everyone including Biden knew how SC would be ruling on key issues. Are the dems going to keep acting surprised like a dumbass everytime another conservative ruling drops or are they going to go on the offensive and at least try to do something about it?

You're telling me that when Clarence Thomas, Sam Alito, and John Roberts were appointed, Democrats knew they were going to eventually rule that the President was above the law?

The justices confirmed by the same Senate Republicans that tried to charge a president with crimes for getting his dikk sucked in the Oval office? :russ:

My point still stands. :camby:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That's my only gripe about the D's they're trying to play this ideological high road when the other side has no qualms about getting dirty. By getting dirty they have gotten their way. They hijacked the narratives and fooled a third of the population with just outright fear and hate to believe what they're saying. Meanwhile the D's are just wagging their finger at it like that's actually getting results

Has nothing to do with "ideological high road", they just plain don't have the votes.

Independents like Manchin and Sinema might vote with the Democrats most of the time, but Democrats haven't had an actual 50 votes of people obedient to the party since early in Obama's term. And back when they did have that majority, they assumed (likely correctly) that attempting to change the rules and take power like this would kill them in the next election.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Has nothing to do with "ideological high road", they just plain don't have the votes.

Independents like Manchin and Sinema might vote with the Democrats most of the time, but Democrats haven't had an actual 50 votes of people obedient to the party since early in Obama's term. And back when they did have that majority, they assumed (likely correctly) that attempting to change the rules and take power like this would kill them in the next election.
But Republicans have no issues with doing that even in spite of the potential consequences and there’s nothing they can do about it.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Well this is quite a pickle.

Good luck US.
Either vote Biden in, or just get bent over like priests are planning to do the US entirely with their white suprmeacist bible thumping bullshyt yall gon get thumped on.
Lke the whole church molesting minooooooors

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're telling me that when Clarence Thomas, Sam Alito, and John Roberts were appointed, Democrats knew they were going to eventually rule that the President was above the law?

The justices confirmed by the same Senate Republicans that tried to charge a president with crimes for getting his dikk sucked in the Oval office? :russ:

My point still stands. :camby:
They knew republicans would get everything they wanted unless Biden packed the court. That was a major talking point during the last election.