Presidents now have immunity for "Official Acts". Democrats need to create an official act to jail the orange fukk.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s up to Michigan, Wisconsin, PA and either Nevada or Arizona this November to make sure trump don’t get back into office

Everyone knows where the south votes going to as well as the plain states and a few Midwest states going to vote which is for trump

East coast and West Coast voting blue

Illinois voting blue

If somehow Georgia can pull through again blue, then yeah biden has a chance
Georgia's going red. in 2020, biden had something like 20k republicans leave the top spot blank; they arent doing that again

i think he can still hang onto the rest of the states he won, though

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
"Six conservative justices hand-picked by a radical right wing think tank just upended any justice coming to a criminal former president, but yeah, let's blame the Democrats for not having precognition!!!"

Clown shït, b. :camby:
They let the man who hosted a reality show and the man who was in a WWE ring a few years before become President.. not only that, he got his name under three Supreme Court justices :snoop: unbelievable! I still can’t believe that lol. The man parlayed his garbage tv status into becoming President.. not only that. People are saying he might win again! America is hilarious

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
What's an official act?
This should give you an idea......

Hitler_portrait_crop.jpg

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I'm being honest any normal president would have given an emergency impromptu press briefing immediately after the SCOTUS decision. This is why I'm on the side that Biden should step down. Where is Dem leadership? An obvious coup is taking place and SCOTUS is laying the groundwork for Trump to be a dictator. This is an emergency if there ever was one.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Technically presidential immunity has been a thing for a while. The main thing being challenged is whether his actions on JAN 6 fall under an "official act" whatever the heck that means, therefore the scrambling.
They are already arguing that killing a political opponent is a presidential act. The SC could have made a ruling that immediately shut that shyt down and allowed the case to move forward. They could have ruled that manipulation of certification is not considered a presidential act. They had the power to rule certain acts unconstitutional.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Why are they placating Trump? Because Trump has had a stranglehold on around 40% of the country, if not more, going on 8 years now. The GOP can't beat Trump so it's "if you can't beat him, join him" and they all expect that Trump will return the favor and line their pockets as well...

But go ahead, "don't vote".... see what happens. It's not fearmongering, this is legit.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
these mfs are playing cute about whether or not trump was right to try and overthrow our fukking Government and ignore the will of the people

and MFS are still either not voting or GONNA vote for THEM :mjtf: Their plan to take over the government and force us into a Christian Theocracy has its own god damn wikipedia page!!!

America is a republic
Never been about the will of the people

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Black people still dont get just what evil and havoc trump potential term will inflict on this country for generations and centuries, his judges are ruling by wrath and pure power benefiting only their supporters, corporations, bigots and racists, we are genuinely approaching a fascist white supremacist ethno state.
I legitimately fear what another 200 judges appointed by trump and new supreme court selections will reign on this country. Segregation in schools? States rights? Gay marriage? State rights? Anti miscegenation laws? States rights. You guys dont get it yet, anyone that is not a white and right wing and in favor of corporation will be punished by the law

All that shyt is on the table no cap

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If I'm being honest any normal president would have given an emergency impromptu press briefing immediately after the SCOTUS decision. This is why I'm on the side that Biden should step down. Where is Dem leadership? An obvious coup is taking place and SCOTUS is laying the groundwork for Trump to be a dictator. This is an emergency if there ever was one.
You say this like it’s a normal thing that Democratic leadership would have boilerplate language for. Also, what audience do you want this for? In the midst of these damming rulings, the media and the population at large has focused exclusively on Biden‘s gaffs during the debate.

This reminds me of the “Democrats are poor at messaging“ narrative that gets floated a lot. I find plenty of the information of what happens, but that’s because I am used to reading and going after information in general. This generation of people of all ages now get their information from influencers more than they do Talking Heads. If Democratic leadership assembles to give this unified message, how is this going to be any more effective? Then what has already been done to combat ageism and disinformation? Mind you we got cats on this very board who represents the perspective of a lot of faults where if they don’t see progress that directly benefits themselves, it did not happen. How many people have tuned out talks of Trump as a threat by now?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
America is a republic
Never been about the will of the people

:childplease:
You’re describing a representative democracy. In which citizens elect representatives to a body which makes laws/appoints officials etc.

There really isn’t a meaning to the term “republic” other than it being a system of government that is not a monarchy and the people elect representatives.

The distinction between a republic and a democracy in the US context (false distinction!) is what white people say to disenfranchise black people