Predict the box office of the comic book films of 2017

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought this would be an interesting thread to look back on,on who's right and who's way off.

It's a bit late since Logan is already out but we can still guess what it's going to finish at.

Logan
GOTG2
Wonder Woman
Spider man Homecoming
Thor Ragnarok
Justice League

For me I'm going with
Logan:600 Million
GOTG2: 850 Million
Wonder Woman: 600 Million
Spider man homecoming: 900 Million
Thor Ragnarok:650 million
Justice League: 900 Million

For me I'm going with
Logan: 700 Million. (WIN)
GOTG2: 1 Billion. (WIN)
Wonder Woman: 600 Million. .(Meh)
Spider man homecoming: 900 Million (Meh, they'll call it a win)
Thor Ragnarok:600 million (Meh)
Justice League: 950 Million (WIN: Better be at least good, DC's last throw of the dice)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So looks like logans just about done.

It's sitting at $606 million I was right on the money pretty much.

Gotg 2 is currently at $425 million. I think a billion is out of the question at this point.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I really don't understand how nobody took an august slot this year.

Back to back years of gotg and suicide squad absolutely killing it in that month and nobody takes it this year?

Instead we get thor and justice League the same month? :gucci:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I only see Spider-Man and Justice League touching a billion, the rest will probably end up around the 600-700 million level, GotG2 might hit 800. But I don't have a clue what competition they're facing at the box office and that could easily cost any of these movies 100-200 million.
:heh:

This is the opposite of your Warcraft prediction. The first Guardians made 773 and you think this will only hit 800?
Gotg 2 is now sitting at ~630 million.

It's been out for 3 weeks now in most places worldwide and it collapsed in places like China after the first weekend.

Godling will be closer than you most likely.

It may crawl past ~800 million but it's not going to cross ~900.

It's showing worse legs than the first pretty much across the board and with stiff competition taking theatres every week. Yeah.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

It's been out for 3 weeks now in most places worldwide and it collapsed in places like China after the first weekend.

It's showing worse legs than the first pretty much across the board and with stiff competition taking theatres every week. Yeah.
even a broken clock is right 2 times a day :troll:

Either way "it's the third-biggest of the year, behind The Fate of the Furious ($1.19 billion) and Beauty and the Beast ($1.206b) and has already topped the global grosses of Ant-Man ($519m), Iron Man ($585m) and Iron Man 2 ($623m), with Thor: The Dark World ($642m) and Doctor Strange ($677m) next in its sights. So, again, whether or not it matches/surpasses the two pre-summer juggernauts, it's still going to all-but-surely end up as the biggest comic book superhero movie not starring Iron Man, Spider-Man or Batman"

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Was almost #1 despite Alien. If it does 900 we were both 100 mill off :troll:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 made it a tight race for the top spot this weekend, earning a solid $35 million (-46%) for a $301.8m 17-day cume. The film has also earned $430.8m overseas for a new $732.6m global cume, including $55m in IMAX alone, after around a month of worldwide play. The film is running around 19% ahead of the first Guardians in terms of foreign exchange rates. The film should be just over $800m worldwide by the end of the holiday weekend, becoming the first non-Iron Man MCU film to do so. At a glance, we're probably looking at a $375m domestic and $875-$900m worldwide total for the sci-fi sequel. That's a win, no matter how you spin it.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Was almost #1 despite Alien. If it does 900 we were both 100 mill off :troll:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 made it a tight race for the top spot this weekend, earning a solid $35 million (-46%) for a $301.8m 17-day cume. The film has also earned $430.8m overseas for a new $732.6m global cume, including $55m in IMAX alone, after around a month of worldwide play. The film is running around 19% ahead of the first Guardians in terms of foreign exchange rates. The film should be just over $800m worldwide by the end of the holiday weekend, becoming the first non-Iron Man MCU film to do so. At a glance, we're probably looking at a $375m domestic and $875-$900m worldwide total for the sci-fi sequel. That's a win, no matter how you spin it.
I believe I'll be the closest with my $850 mill prediction :win:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
For me I'm going with
Logan: 700 Million. (WIN)
GOTG2: 1 Billion. (WIN)
Wonder Woman: 600 Million. .(Meh)
Spider man homecoming: 900 Million (Meh, they'll call it a win)
Thor Ragnarok:600 million (Meh)
Justice League: 950 Million (WIN: Better be at least good, DC's last throw of the dice)

How am I doing :patrice:
Im overshooting all over the place.
Logan is at 600M
GOTG2 is at 800M

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Surprised by GotG, I thought it would hit a billy.

I guess RDJ really does have the juice :ohhh:

from what people i've talked with that have seen it: they didnt like it as much as the 1st, which i think is the reason it's not doing the numbers people thought it would....the word of mouth isnt as good as the 1st was....

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
from what people i've talked with that have seen it: they didnt like it as much as the 1st, which i think is the reason it's not doing the numbers people thought it would....the word of mouth isnt as good as the 1st was....
People are being "nice" to the film because of how much they like the first. I think as time goes on you're going to see people be more honest about just how bad it was.

It was a bad movie. An hour into it nothing had happened and you don't know even know why it's a movie. Then they cram all the plot into 5 minutes to set up a bad cgi battle. And chris pratt acted like he was high on opiates the whole film he was so dull and lifeless.

Every single dramatic moment they crammed in some needless joke to ruin it.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
People are being "nice" to the film because of how much they like the first. I think as time goes on you're going to see people be more honest about just how bad it was.

It was a bad movie. An hour into it nothing had happened and you don't know even know why it's a movie. Then they cram all the plot into 5 minutes to set up a bad cgi battle. And chris pratt acted like he was high on opiates the whole film he was so dull and lifeless.

Every single dramatic moment they crammed in some needless joke to ruin it.

I always found the first one to be overrated anyway, not bad but certainly not as good as most claim :hubie:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Gotg is now at ~816 million. Internationally it's pretty much done so it's just how much domestic it's going to take in now. I think my guess of ~850 will be pretty damn close.

I'll have to check but excluding age of Ultron which made less than the avengers it might be the smallest increase of box office for a marvel sequel.

Wonder woman opened to ~223 million. Depending on legs I'd say 500-750 is the landing zone.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I always found the first one to be overrated anyway, not bad but certainly not as good as most claim :hubie:
Me too. It's a film with great characters in a mediocre film.

The 2nd one regressed the characters and puts them in an even worse film.