Predict the box office of the comic book films of 2017

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Dominic Brehetto now obviously I love spidey but i feel like he can leg it out to a billion. Expectations were it would only do 80-100 mill this weekend or maybe a little above. Then after Friday it shifted to 120. It topped out at 117 but that number could change by tomorrow morning and go up or down. As of now apes isn't expected to kill it next week so there's a chance they could be neck and neck for number one especially if word of mouth continues to be good for spider man. The benefit it has going for it tho is there's no august release to take attention from it. I still have no feel for Dunkirk at all

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wonder Woman is doing better than I anticipated, other than that I've been strangely spot-on. :sas2:

Looking at the rest of your list I don't think this is going to go well for you :lolbron:

Only 700M for justice league? Not a chance :lolbron:

I think we will both be off on thor. That trailer caught fire. If I could I'd revise my guess to 800 Million.

Thor is probably the hardest movie to predict. On one hand it comes off two of the lowest regarded movies in the MCU, on the other hand that Hulk stimulus package is no joke and fan support of Marvel seems to be at an all-time high.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@Dominic Brehetto now obviously I love spidey but i feel like he can leg it out to a billion. Expectations were it would only do 80-100 mill this weekend or maybe a little above. Then after Friday it shifted to 120. It topped out at 117 but that number could change by tomorrow morning and go up or down. As of now apes isn't expected to kill it next week so there's a chance they could be neck and neck for number one especially if word of mouth continues to be good for spider man. The benefit it has going for it tho is there's no august release to take attention from it. I still have no feel for Dunkirk at all
The legs domestically will determine what happens.

I don't know,I just don't see it.

People keep forgetting that foreign exchange rates are currently way down.

Avengers for example if released under current exchange rates would drop something like 250-300 million from its gross.

And you have Dunkirk, apes and valerian all dropping in the next 2 weeks. At the very least,they take screens from Spidey. Imax and the like especially.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Wonder Woman is doing better than I anticipated, other than that I've been strangely spot-on. :sas2:

Thor is probably the hardest movie to predict. On one hand it comes off two of the lowest regarded movies in the MCU, on the other hand that Hulk stimulus package is no joke and fan support of Marvel seems to be at an all-time high.
I really have no idea what thor will do. It's a strange one for sure.

But,the vast majority of people were calling for a billion from gotg 2 and it didn't come close and that had everything going for it seemingly.

We've actually come to a point where people and the media are consistently over predicting every marvel film.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Wonder Woman isn't playing like a superhero movie. It's an animal all to itself :mjgrin:
It might end up being the highest grossing superhero movie this year unless Whedon works his magic on Justice League :mjgrin:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I really have no idea what thor will do. It's a strange one for sure.

But,the vast majority of people were calling for a billion from gotg 2 and it didn't come close and that had everything going for it seemingly.

We've actually come to a point where people and the media are consistently over predicting every marvel film.

People expected too much from GotG2. The first one caught on because it was something completely different and unique, but the audience was never going to seriously grow beyond that because the first one already reached the limit of how big that franchise could get. Plus with every trailer being a Baby Groot commercial, the movie itself never built any real momentum.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
~765 Million for Wonder Woman

~469 Million For Spider man

800 is a real possibility for WW. It can squeeze out ~20 million domestically still and hasn't opened in Japan yet. Could fall just short.

Spider man hasn't opened in china or Japan. Legs domestically are not good. In fact depending on actuals it could have the worst 2nd weekend drop of any MCU film AND any spider man film.

Billion is off the table,900 is a maybe.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
so the wonder woman solo is about to earn more in the u.s. than batman and superman?:francis:

and y'all don't think snyder/terrio was rubbing people the wrong way?:francis:
So the wonder woman solo is about to make more in the us than a film with spider man and iron man?:francis:

And yall don't think RDJ/feige was rubbing people the wrong way? :francis:

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
So the wonder woman solo is about to make more in the us than a film with spider man and iron man?:francis:

And yall don't think RDJ/feige was rubbing people the wrong way? :francis:

could be.

3rd spiderman reboot only a few years removed from the last, very possible people are tired of seeing the same movie over and over again.

none of this retroactively changes the narrative regarding BVS though so i don't even know why you quoted that post.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Update

Logan: 616 Million
GOTG2: 861 Million
Wonder Woman: 794 Million
Spider man: 675 Million

Wonder woman passed 400 million domestic. Will soon pass spider man become the biggest super hero origin film domestically of all time. Also may pass civil war and iron man 3.

It drops in a few weeks in Japan will probably end up around 830 Million when it's said and done

Spider man doesn't come out in China until September.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Update

Logan: 616 Million
GOTG2: 861 Million
Wonder Woman: 794 Million
Spider man: 675 Million

Wonder woman passed 400 million domestic. Will soon pass spider man become the biggest super hero origin film domestically of all time. Also may pass civil war and iron man 3.

It drops in a few weeks in Japan will probably end up around 830 Million when it's said and done

Spider man doesn't come out in China until September.
Peep the difference:

Iron Man 3: 174m opening weekend
Civil War: 179m opening weekend
Wonder Woman 103m opening weekend

This run has been legendary :wow:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Peep the difference:

Iron Man 3: 174m opening weekend
Civil War: 179m opening weekend
Wonder Woman 103m opening weekend

This run has been legendary :wow:
That paycheck patty Jenkins is gonna get for ww2 :wow:

Not that I want another war film but that would be perfect marketing having ww2 happen during ww2.:troll:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Guardians 2 1 billion
Thor 2 650 WW
Justice League 700 ww
Spiderman 850 ww
Wonder Woman 500

And none will be better than Logan :ariana2: