Predict the box office of the comic book films of 2017

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Gotg imo wlil be huge, seems like everyone is hyped about it. King Arthur will flop and alien will do modest numbers but that gives got three weeks to kill it.

June is crowded af, WW however only has the mummy to deal with its second weekend which it should out gross it's second week imo.

July only has two major movies, spiderman and planet of the apes. They might eat each other domestically but ww spiderman easily.

Apes should've pushed back until August since nothing huge is coming out, kind of like suicide squad did.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
I'd be shocked if JL did a billion

My prediction

GOTG vol. 2 - 800 - 1.2 bill
WW - 500-700
Homecoming - 700- 900
JL - 700 - 900
Ragnarok - 650 - 800

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way. Even with the great reaction to the trailer that's a huge jump for that franchise.

it's the 3rd movie, that's a team-up with the hulk....and it brings us closer to IW.....think of it like CW...no one thought cap would do those numbers with his 3rd movie......while i dont think it will do those numbers cause that was pretty much avengers 3, it's gonna do numbers....by the time this comes out, it will be following spidey, and wont have competition until star wars comes out cause jl will have had it's main run before it drops...

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
it's the 3rd movie, that's a team-up with the hulk....and it brings us closer to IW.....think of it like CW...no one thought cap would do those numbers with his 3rd movie......while i dont think it will do those numbers cause that was pretty much avengers 3, it's gonna do numbers....by the time this comes out, it will be following spidey, and wont have competition until star wars comes out cause jl will have had it's main run before it drops...
EVERYONE thought civil war was gonna be huge breh. It came after a critically and commercially successful 2nd movie that took everyone by surprise and was marketed as avengers 2.5

I say thor might do 800 tops

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EVERYONE thought civil war was gonna be huge breh. It came after a critically and commercially successful 2nd movie that took everyone by surprise and was marketed as avengers 2.5

I say thor might do 800 tops

we'll see

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Logan 650m
GOTG2 900m
Wonder Woman 950m
Spider man Homecoming 1b - think this will be bing
Thor Ragnarok 750m
Justice League 1.2b - probably will do the best of the bunch.

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thor domestic wise has never topped 215 million and part 2 made under 200 :scust:. WW never topped 500. It would have to have a major increase in both markets to hit a billy. I say no even though it looks better than the first two flicks.

we'll see

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
we'll see
I would think it would have to hit at least 300-350 here in the states but JL drops two weeks after so I don't see that happening. BvS made over 300 in the US and still couldn't top a billy. That foreign market needs to roll hard for Thor like it does for Transformers to hit that billion mark.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would think it would have to hit at least 300-350 here in the states but JL drops two weeks after so I don't see that happening. BvS made over 300 in the US and still couldn't top a billy. That foreign market needs to roll hard for Thor like it does for Transformers to hit that billion mark.

i think the foreign market will roll hard for it cause marvel has years in the game with their universe, unlike dc.....if the dc universe had been around for years, bvs wouldve made more money in foreign markets...but since it was the 2nd movie, the movie going audience is still getting invested in the universe, where as they're already invested deep in marvel's.....

i really just threw out a billy cause i didnt feel like trying to break it down lol....will it get there? i dont know, but i think it has a shot if the movie is good...