Predict the box office of the comic book films of 2017

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
so the wonder woman solo is about to earn more in the u.s. than batman and superman?:francis:

and y'all don't think snyder/terrio was rubbing people the wrong way?:francis:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Props for admitting you were wrong breh. But the terrible comp thing isn't even half the story because even with terrible comp you'd expect a bigger drop off week to week in its numbers. That's just normal for blockbusters even when the movies competing with it aren't as great or that great or anything like that because the belief is you did most of your business that first weekend and then the audience will be cut in half or more than half. This shyt has held up pretty well for almost a month now, which is pretty dope. Just saw it again yesterday and yeah it's still a winner front to back.

Scott Mendelson at Forbes goes through all this shyt with numbers and multipliers and box office because he clearly understands it from a mathematics standpoint and math makes me curl in a fetal position, but read some of his shyt every now and then if you want some insight into it because it's fascinating shyt, even for someone like me who hates math
Yeah you're right, the drop off week to week has been unusually minimal and fascinating. I do think the competition was bad though, so props to WB for positioning the movie where they did. But that doesn't mean WW doesn't deserve the success it has earned. My parents went to see it last weekend and shyt was sold out. Lol...

I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong, it is what it is. I love these discussions tbh.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah you're right, the drop off week to week has been unusually minimal and fascinating. I do think the competition was bad though, so props to WB for positioning the movie where they did. But that doesn't mean WW doesn't deserve the success it has earned. My parents went to see it last weekend and shyt was sold out. Lol...

I got no problem admitting when I'm wrong, it is what it is. I love these discussions tbh.

Word. It wasn't sold out yesterday but it was close to it. shyt is crazy. Really interested to see how it does against Despicable Me 3 this week

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've been off on all these, not @TheGodling level off, but still
So far I have been mostly right though. You still want to hold that Warcraft prediction against me like I didn't make it a year before we even saw the teaser trailer, lol.

And it made twice as much as you predicted it would do two weeks before it dropped so I don't even know why you think you can speak on it.:mjlol:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
So far I have been mostly right though. You still want to hold that Warcraft prediction against me like I didn't make it a year before we even saw the teaser trailer, lol.

And it made twice as much as you predicted it would do two weeks before it dropped so I don't even know why you think you can speak on it.:mjlol:
I was right that it would be one of the worst domestic flops ever, but I underestimated how much certain foreign countries like to eat our CGI trash

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I was right that it would be one of the worst domestic flops ever, but I underestimated how much certain foreign countries like to eat our CGI trash

Typical silly American, still thinking that you alone determine success.:troll:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yeah nobody could have predicted wonder woman's legs.

They are insane.
giphy.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Logan ~ 616 Million
GOTG2~857 Million
Wonder Woman~746 Million
Spider Man~257 Million

So Logan is done.

GOTG2 is done.

Wonder womans legs are insane. Even with the release of spider man it didn't stop WW's legs the same way WW did to GOTG2. It has a chance of passing $400 Million Domestic and the OG spider man. Worldwide it still has to open in Japan.

Solid opening for spider man. It's hard to say but I think I'm leaning towards a billion being out of the question. But it's not out everywhere so really it's hard to say

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Looking at the rest of your list I don't think this is going to go well for you :lolbron:

Only 700M for justice league? Not a chance :lolbron:

I think we will both be off on thor. That trailer caught fire. If I could I'd revise my guess to 800 Million.