Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I knew they would do this shyt. Whole episode wasting time with the back story from the last episode.

let me guess next week it will be from another characters perspective

following week same thing

until the last episode the big reveal of who did it

pathetic

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get what you’re saying and understood all that as I was watching. I still think (as is common in Power now) the execution just wasn’t that good. It wasn’t even a trash episode IMO but it feels like they tried to cram a LOT of shyt in that was either unnecessary or poorly fleshed out.

This ep felt like the writers said “how are we gonna tie up all of the loose ends with Dre?” and threw everything against the wall including a major shootout, a fractured relationship with an evil Christian mom, and a baby mom who is trying to get him out the game.
I think they filmed a bunch of stuff from that day from all the different perspectives and then poorly edited them into 6 different episodes but we’re so into the show at this point, we just wanna see how they end it

I personally think the first 2 seasons are the best

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Somebody remind me, who is Honcho

I think it’s poncho

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
The show The Affair, on Showtime, did it great for about 2-3 seasons. It’s dope when done right. Power would do OK just based on their history. Lol
I never watched the Affair
but if what this guy said is true
Even “The Affair”, lets the audience know which perspective we’re watching and that’s the niche of the

then idk if that is the same thing. Plus this show is told where what happens or was said on-screen. Happened, Regardless of perspective. This is just shytty writing and shytty story structure they putting us through with these episodes.