Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was foreshadowed when 'Riq and Ghost are talking about why Ghost killed Breezy... Ghost told him he gave him a second chance to change his mind but he didn't. Later, 'Riq asks Ghost again: "so you really want me to turn myself in?" I think that was his way of giving Ghost a second chance. He sealed his fate when he told 'Riq "yes".

Good theory. I figured that when he was telling him that shyt, it would come back somehow. I gotta say though, Tariq being the killer would be the wackest outcome. First of all, they have telegraphed that shyt since Tariq turned :demonic:. They already said he's gonna be a part of the sequel. And the worst part is, this nikka's motive is so weak. He hates his dad for lying and trying to give him a better life. His dad has saved his ass numerous times, thusly demonstrating that he cares. He responds to this by getting more and more disrespectful at every turn. Now that this same man that you have shat on at every turn won't go to jail for your little bad ass you ready to kill him? So you can become the new Ghost...or rather Book II ?:unimpressed:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it was foreshadowed when 'Riq and Ghost are talking about why Ghost killed Breezy... Ghost told him he gave him a second chance to change his mind but he didn't. Later, 'Riq asks Ghost again: "so you really want me to turn myself in?" I think that was his way of giving Ghost a second chance. He sealed his fate when he told 'Riq "yes".
It's Riq or they doing some red herring bullshyt and it's Tasha's new boo

:francis:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
BEFORE THAT HE HAD NO MOTIVE
TO BE ON THE SHOOTER LIST.

Tariq told Ghost to his face just the episode before he would kill him himself if he ever put hands on his mom again

plus getting a gun in his mouth few episodes earlier

then ghost asking him to turn himself in earlier this episode

for the people saying this was supposed to be the finale til they decided to add 5 more episodes later, im not too sure about that because this episode didnt conclude Tommy story either - only Ghosts. The show needs to end with both their stories being done. Tommy was barely in this episode.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look I have a hard time with this show and an even harder time writing about it at times but you all do realize it’s a soap opera right? That doesn’t excuse anything but it does provide context. It’s a night time soap (hence it pulling it’s cliffhanger from possibly the greatest night time soap) and first and foremost, soaps are silly at times and outlandish and swing for the damn fences. You’re either with them or you’re not

I think the issue is that when it started, it felt like more than that. The show felt tight, well written and gripping. I always thought people were WAY too hasty with The Wire comparisons, but the quality was there for a true classic.

I think it's the pivot from something with potential as a real dope, high quality drama to a a high budget soap with CRAZY logic and continuity issues is what spurs all of the negativity.

You got folks on the hook thinking they were eating lobster. And you gave nikkas a Big Mac. Now a Big Mac CAN be good if you're in the mood, and if your standards arent that high you might not even mind the switch out. But some of us are like "bro what happened to the lobster" and we're clowning the restaurant.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I believe she understands most of that if not all of that to a degree. But she’s also been making a show about the loss of power and how power is an illusion, and everyone gets what’s coming to them. Yes Ghost might be the most deserving of a happy ending, but that doesn’t make him a saint. Nor does it excuse the litany of bad choices he’s made as a husband, father, and friend. He’s always the smartest cat in the room so even if he’s dead or just lying in a hospital bed, he’s got a plan. I guarantee that. But the man was never going to get out of this scott free anymore. Maybe in the very beginning of the show when he wanted out and tommy and Tasha wouldn’t let it happen, but not now. He’s affected way too many lives, gotten way too many people killed or hurt in his ascent, and pissed off too many people.

I understand your point and I definitely don't think Ghost is full of pure heart. He'll do whatever it takes to get what he wants and one of the major themes of this show is that as much as he wants to be James St. Patrick, as much as he wants to sell people an image of who he is, he'll never be able to shake off his past. But I understand his motivations. I know what he wants out of life, I know the reasoning behind almost every decision he makes. And like you said, he always has a plan. Him being potentially dead won't change that.

What I can't get over and refuse to accept is the narrative constantly being pushed of Ghost being this immoral, sociopathic, self-serving, despicable, abusive villain when almost every character on this show has severe personality issues. They could all be diagnosed with mental disorders if you look into it enough. The way I see it, if you hate Ghost or don't understand him, you should feel the same way about the entire cast. Since season four, everybody has faced the consequences of Tariq's bad decisions. Meanwhile, he's out here selling drugs for no discernible reason but ends up crying and scared like a little bytch whenever there's the slightest possibility of him having to face consequences for those same decisions. How is he supposed to be a drug dealer when he's shook of going to jail? :mjtf:

I decided to sprinkle some "fukk Tariq" in there, but my main point is that all of these characters are intolerable, irredeemable people who need the grace of God to save them. Trying to single out Ghost as the enemy when this whole show is full of people who leave everyone around them dead or suffering, and consistently make bad choices to serve their own interests makes no sense to me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think the issue is that when it started, it felt like more than that. The show felt tight, well written and gripping. I always thought people were WAY too hasty with The Wire comparisons, but the quality was there for a true classic.

I think it's the pivot from something with potential as a real dope, high quality drama to a a high budget soap with CRAZY logic and continuity issues is what spurs all of the negativity.

You got folks on the hook thinking they were eating lobster. And you gave nikkas a Big Mac. Now a Big Mac CAN be good if you're in the mood, and if your standards arent that high you might not even mind the switch out. But some of us are like "bro what happened to the lobster" and we're clowning the restaurant.
Counterpoint to that...the first episode has Tasha finger popping in the backseat while her driver watches using the rear view mirror. The show has always been soapy.

This is the same show where Kanan survived an entire foundation being dropped on him and lit on fire. And that’s season 2? The end of season 1?

I think we’re using convenient amnesia to say this show has always been believable or a tight drama and always properly executed from a writing standpoint. Yes, it’s become broader as time went on like most shows do, but the same issues bugging someone now were there from day one. Now they’re just multiplied cause the circle got bigger

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Tariq told Ghost to his face just the episode before he would kill him himself if he ever put hands on his mom again

plus getting a gun in his mouth few episodes earlier

then ghost asking him to turn himself in earlier this episode

for the people saying this was supposed to be the finale til they decided to add 5 more episodes later, im not too sure about that because this episode didnt conclude Tommy story either - only Ghosts. The show needs to end with both their stories being done. Tommy was barely in this episode.

HE DIDNT PUT HIS HANDS ON HIS MOTHER AGAIN...
SO HE HAD NO MOTIVE TO BE ON THE LIST.

GHOST RANDOMLY ASKING HIM TO TURN HIMSELF IN AS HE TOLD THE BREEZE STORY
IS ALL THE SAME THING.
:devil:
:evil:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjlol:

This show was never well written, the acting wasn't good, and it's poorly shot at times. Power was never going to be a classic. It was very entertaining and enjoyable but it was never high quality like The Wire or Breaking Bad. This is New York Undercover with an R rating.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I understand your point and I definitely don't think Ghost is full of pure heart. He'll do whatever it takes to get what he wants and one of the major themes of this show is that as much as he wants to be James St. Patrick, as much as he wants to sell people an image of who he is, he'll never be able to shake off his past. But I understand his motivations. I know what he wants out of life, I know the reasoning behind almost every decision he makes. And like you said, he always has a plan. Him being potentially dead won't change that.

What I can't get over and refuse to accept is the narrative constantly being pushed of Ghost being this immoral, sociopathic, self-serving, despicable, abusive villain when almost every character on this show has severe personality issues. They could all be diagnosed with mental disorders if you look into it enough. The way I see it, if you hate Ghost or don't understand him, you should feel the same way about the entire cast. Since season four, everybody has faced the consequences of Tariq's bad decisions. Meanwhile, he's out here selling drugs for no discernible reason but ends up crying and scared like a little bytch whenever there's the slightest possibility of him having to face consequences for those same decisions. How is he supposed to be a drug dealer when he's shook of going to jail? :mjtf:

I decided to sprinkle some "fukk Tariq" in there, but my main point is that all of these characters are intolerable, irredeemable people who need the grace of God to save them. Trying to single out Ghost as the enemy when this whole show is full of people who leave everyone around them dead or suffering, and consistently make bad choices to serve their own interests makes no sense to me.
Word. But I don’t believe the show says they’re angels tho. He’s fukked up and if also acknowledges they’re all fukked up.

It says Dre is a scumbag cockroach
It says tommy is an actual murdering psychopath
It says Tariq is the product of a fukked up household
It says Tasha has dependency issues and is also a murderer sociopath
It says the justice system around these people is corrupt and inept.

But ghost is the center of the show, like we both said. Therefore all of the actions come back to him and all the reactions as well. Everyone has paid for their sins in one way or another and so must he

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
well said
it gotta be tariq or q

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word. But I don’t believe the show says they’re angels tho. He’s fukked up and if also acknowledges they’re all fukked up.

It says Dre is a scumbag cockroach
It says tommy is an actual murdering psychopath
It says Tariq is the product of a fukked up household
It says Tasha has dependency issues and is also a murderer sociopath
It says the justice system around these people is corrupt and inept.

But ghost is the center of the show, like we both said. Therefore all of the actions come back to him and all the reactions as well. Everyone has paid for their sins in one way or another and so must he

What are his sins though? Obviously he's no angel and he's done dirt. But what has he really done though? Every decision he's made has been associated with getting out of the game, protecting himself or his loved ones, coming up. He tried to bring nikkas along with him and they all scoffed at him, determined to stay in the game. If nikkas listened to him, pretty much all the shyt they ended up in wouldn't have happened. Once again, he's far from perfect but he's clearly the most redeemable person as he's literally the only one that appears to have some semblance of a conscience.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My money is on Riq and ghost going to be poppin up being part of his conscience in the last few episodes.