Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
The kid who plays Tariq is a good actor who has been fukked over by Courtney Kemp’s disaster class writings.

Pretty much. He honestly hasn’t been given much to work with this entire series he’s either been a

• Innocent kid who wanted some older male influence
  • A drugged up kid trying to fit in
  • A spoiled rich kid who’s always angry and in over his head

Just the scene with him being heartbroken that Ghost wouldn’t take the rap for him shows me that Rainey is gonna be alright :ehh:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Pretty much. He honestly hasn’t been given much to work with this entire series he’s either been a

• Innocent kid who wanted some older male influence
  • A drugged up kid trying to fit in
  • A spoiled rich kid who’s always angry and in over his head

Just the scene with him being heartbroken that Ghost wouldn’t take the rap for him shows me that Rainey is gonna be alright :ehh:

HES NOT GONNA BE ALRIGHT
BECAUSE HES GONNA BE SEEN
AS TARIQ FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER
AND EVERYONE HATES HIM.

ITS COURTNEYS FAULT
BUT HES GONNA SUFFER FOR IT.
:devil:
:evil:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Courtney dumb ass already said there will be no surprise killer, it’s one of the characters that appeared to be on their way to Truth.

She talks too fukking much. The people who are gonna watch the show are already locked in. They’re not gonna get an additional audience when the story is 99% done. There’s no reason to keep holding the audience’s hand. Part of the fun of a story this absurd is trying to guess who shot Ghost and if he’s truly dead. She keeps leaking the story by talking more and more.

I knew a major character was gonna die this episode before it aired because of her not being able to shut the fukk up. I figured it was ghost about 10 minutes in because of how over the top he was acting and because she said somebody was gonna die. It definitely wasn’t a :wow: moment like it could have been even with all the plot holes because I knew it was coming.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
HES NOT GONNA BE ALRIGHT
BECAUSE HES GONNA BE SEEN
AS TARIQ FOR THE REST OF HIS CAREER
AND EVERYONE HATES HIM.

ITS COURTNEYS FAULT
BUT HES GONNA SUFFER FOR IT.

I disagree but I can separate the actor from the art (or lack thereof in this case) and a lot of people can’t.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

LMAO

GHOST RUNNING HIS NIGHT CLUB
LIKE A MOM & POPS SHOP NOW.

A club that's had multiple murders in it, multiple arrests and drug operations inside, a club that recently got robbed...but no secu...man just forget it.
full

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
This the longest 24 hours ever. And how the fukk is this penthouse remodeled in like week? Gtfoh!

And how many times is ghost going to shyt on people and tell them nothing is going to stop him? 50 cent definitely wrote this episode :snoop:

makes no sense. why was ghost bragging the entire time? that's totally out of character for him.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The only thing that helps a tariq spin off is if he gets some back to reality epiphany and breaks down once his father dies and seeks to kill the person who killed his father. But that angle wouldn't stay true to his character. Yes he is the only tv character in history that was responsible for his own sister dying but more pissed because his father had a side chick. Smh

how the fukk is tariq gonna get a spinoff? I thought they said the spinoff would be a prequel. that's what I believe, so 50 cent could insert himself back into the cast.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
Wow, I didn't expect Ghost to get shot this episode :ohhh:

That slowed down version of Big Rich Town :wow:

Councilman Tate going to do an murder himself :comeon:

When Sake got the gun I thought he was gonna commit that

IDK how these last couple of episodes moves forward without Ghost, its gonna be weird.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Power, Book 3: The Case of the Missing Laptop :krs:

One of the (many) issues with the writing on power is that its HOT and COLD writing. One day Tariq wants kill his father, the next day he wants his father to take a charge for him. Tasha on some days is snitching on Ghost, the next day she sad he moving on with someone else. Some days Tommy is shooting at Ghost, the next day they're tag teaming their way out of a shootout. This shyt gets old real quick, can't wait to be done with it.

Last edited: