Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Look I have a hard time with this show and an even harder time writing about it at times but you all do realize it’s a soap opera right? That doesn’t excuse anything but it does provide context. It’s a night time soap (hence it pulling it’s cliffhanger from possibly the greatest night time soap) and first and foremost, soaps are silly at times and outlandish and swing for the damn fences. You’re either with them or you’re not

krazykid18

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look I have a hard time with this show and an even harder time writing about it at times but you all do realize it’s a soap opera right? That doesn’t excuse anything but it does provide context. It’s a night time soap (hence it pulling it’s cliffhanger from possibly the greatest night time soap) and first and foremost, soaps are silly at times and outlandish and swing for the damn fences. You’re either with them or you’re not

It is the internet people want to complain even when the theme or context is in their face...

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I don't know if I even want to do notes for this episode. Unless you guys want it, but at this point, what does it matter? I'm just confused right now. I've been like this ever since the episode aired so here's my two cents:

In an episode where they tried to give Ghost his comeuppance and put him in a situation where he couldn't escape, all they proved was just how much better Ghost's life would have been if he didn't have any of these people around him. I don't know if Courtney Kemp realizes this, but Power doesn't exist without Ghost. I'm not watching five episodes of 13 Reasons Why/Who shot J.R.? bullshyt because I honestly don't care who shot him.

The way I see it, Ghost was the only character remaining who deserved to come out on top. He was one of the few characters that wanted to do something better with his life. He was always looking at the bigger picture and how he could control the situation to make his future more meaningful. Even when people didn't believe in him, even when people didn't trust him, and even when he came off as delusional and controlling, I never lost faith in him as a character. He was one of the few characters on this show that had something resembling an actual soul, and because of that, everybody hated him for it.

But they needed Ghost to survive because that made their hatred stronger. All the shyt talking Ghost was doing in this episode proved that. Tariq is already spoken for, not going down that road again. Tommy is worthless without Ghost, whether he's his best friend or his worst enemy. Tasha has no life outside of Ghost because he gave her one. Same with Dre. Ghost molded him and he went off the rails without his guidance. Tate actually became more popular with Ghost by his side, but his ego and lack of faith in Ghost killed him from the inside. Paz, the Feds, all the other characters, you name it. Their lives revolve around Ghost. They can't sleep, they can't breathe, they can't eat without thinking about him.

Bottom line, the world of Power belongs to Ghost. If they kill him off, the world is dead and you can't do anything else with it. I want to say that maybe Ghost will stay alive somehow, but with the way he was shot, I think we just saw the last of him. Maybe Ghost should just be dead so he no longer has to deal with any of these pieces of shyt ever again. :mjcry:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know if I even want to do notes for this episode. Unless you guys want it, but at this point, what does it matter? I'm just confused right now. I've been like this ever since the episode aired so here's my two cents:

In an episode where they tried to give Ghost his comeuppance and put him in a situation where he couldn't escape, all they proved was just how much better Ghost's life would have been if he didn't have any of these people around him. I don't know if Courtney Kemp realizes this, but Power doesn't exist without Ghost. I'm not watching five episodes of 13 Reasons Why/Who shot J.R.? bullshyt because I honestly don't care who shot him.

The way I see it, Ghost was the only character remaining who deserved to come out on top. He was one of the few characters that wanted to do something better with his life. He was always looking at the bigger picture and how he could control the situation to make his future more meaningful. Even when people didn't believe in him, even when people didn't trust him, and even when he came off as delusional and controlling, I never lost faith in him as a character. He was one of the few characters on this show that had something resembling an actual soul, and because of that, everybody hated him for it.

But they needed Ghost to survive because that made their hatred stronger. All the shyt talking Ghost was doing in this episode proved that. Tariq is already spoken for, not going down that road again. Tommy is worthless without Ghost, whether he's his best friend or his worst enemy. Tasha has no life outside of Ghost because he gave her one. Same with Dre. Ghost molded him and he went off the rails without his guidance. Tate actually became more popular with Ghost by his side, but his ego and lack of faith in Ghost killed him from the inside. Paz, the Feds, all the other characters, you name it. Their lives revolve around Ghost. They can't sleep, they can't breathe, they can't eat without thinking about him.

Bottom line, the world of Power belongs to Ghost. If they kill him off, the world is dead and you can't do anything else with it. I want to say that maybe Ghost will stay alive somehow, but with the way he was shot, I think we just saw the last of him. Maybe Ghost should just be dead so he no longer has to deal with any of these pieces of shyt ever again. :mjcry:
I believe she understands most of that if not all of that to a degree. But she’s also been making a show about the loss of power and how power is an illusion, and everyone gets what’s coming to them. Yes Ghost might be the most deserving of a happy ending, but that doesn’t make him a saint. Nor does it excuse the litany of bad choices he’s made as a husband, father, and friend. He’s always the smartest cat in the room so even if he’s dead or just lying in a hospital bed, he’s got a plan. I guarantee that. But the man was never going to get out of this scott free anymore. Maybe in the very beginning of the show when he wanted out and tommy and Tasha wouldn’t let it happen, but not now. He’s affected way too many lives, gotten way too many people killed or hurt in his ascent, and pissed off too many people.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Ghost deserved it. c00n got gunned up and clapped quick cuz he fukked everything up the moment he started chasin that basic Latina p*ssy:dead: nikka shoulda been clipped for fukkin up his family

Tariq did it btw :umad:

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and I’m not watching a show with Tariq as the lead. There’s way too many other good shyt on tv to put myself through that.

Word. Previous poster said something bout tariq having star lead quality, or words to that effect

Didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. The shyt that I had this morning has more personality than tariq

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
So I went and read interviews Courtney Kemp did with different platforms and this is what I gathered from it:

-She emphasized that Ghost only got shot...not that is dead. He will in fact be in the last 5 episodes.

-She said on the aftershow that the ONLY suspects are all the characters shown on screen walking towards (or away from) Truth. There is no “gotcha :troll:” moment.

-She mentioned how the last 5 episodes are going to be a big “jigsaw puzzle” that will all come together by the final episode on some :ohhh: shyt. TV Guide says the rumor is that all the episodes will follow certain characters POV leading up to Ghost getting shot which I admit would be pretty :obama:

-Says that the Mary J. Blige spin off show “Power Book II: Ghost” will take place literally 72 hours after the events in the series finale.

So in other words...see y’all in January :lolbron:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Power is nothing without Ghost. The writers fukked up big time if he is dead. I really dont care about this who shot ghost storyline nor do I care about the sequel now. Everyone around Ghost should have got killed or put down and Ghost should have survived.

Oh well. It was a good ride while it lasted. Dumb writers got in the way of what could have been a much better show.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Courtney silly ass admitting she wrote this episode in one night, like it was something she should be proud of. :heh:
this is how you get all that shyt happening in 24 hours...just cuz you wrote it in one night doesn't mean all the plot happens in one fukking day...wtf is wrong with this bytch (and i hate to cal other women a bytch)