Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
My notes:

-I feel like this was the "fukk Tariq" episode we've all been waiting for. Almost every main character gave him the business and it was beautiful. I said it before, but one of the biggest issues with Tariq as a character is his lack of vulnerability. It seems like he's never in a situation that he can't get out of, or he never realizes that he doesn't have the answers to everything and he's just some dumb kid. This episode at least tried to fix that somewhat, but at the end of the day, he still wants to sell drugs for some reason. I like how Tasha just decided to throw up her hands and get Tariq in the game because she knows he's a piece of shyt that never learns anything. At least this way, she can keep him alive for a bit longer, maybe until the spin-off comes out. Ghost was fantastic in that opening scene, but I wish he had kept that same energy throughout the episode. It's like when the episode started, Ghost finally realized how awful Tariq was and no longer saw him as his son, but then later on, he's talking about giving him a better life. Tariq doesn't want that. Ghost wants to believe that he can change him, but he should be more like Tommy and almost kill him.

-Now that Courtney Kemp has admitted that Tariq is one of her favorite characters, it puts a lot of things in perspective for me. When a writer has a character they really like, they tend to believe they're always right and their decisions are always justified, even when that's not the case. It doesn't surprise me that she loves Tariq while we all hate him.

-I don't know where this Ghost/Tommy thing is going. When the season started, I was certain that their feud would only last three or four episodes. Then it didn't, and I thought last week's episode would be the turning point they needed to end the beef. But then it wasn't. Now, we're in this weird state where the writers don't want Ghost and Tommy to be friends again, but they keep giving them things to do together. It's like Ghost and Angela last season, but that one wasn't as complicated. I honestly don't think either of them wants to kill the other anymore. If they really wanted to, they would have done it by now. Especially since they were in the same room at the same time on multiple occasions in this episode. :francis:

-I'm starting to realize that Keisha gets a lot more screen time now than she used to. And that's not really a good thing because she was never a character that needed a bigger role. Much like Tariq, I don't know what she wants. She wants a normal life, but there's no way she will ever get that as long as she's with Tommy. Ghost literally gave her an out and she didn't take it. But then she's over here crying one more time about not being built for the life. In the past, with characters like Angela and Silver, they didn't want to be criminals or involve themselves in criminal activity. They were trying to push the people they were close to away from that, and if they did end up in that life, it was just something that happened over time. Keisha is making a choice to be part of the life while knowing she doesn't want to be or have to be part of it. I bet Tommy kills her in episode nine. Something crazy always happens in episode nine. :mjlit:

-It took way longer than it should have, but Saxe is at least suspended. It makes no sense to me how none of the characters have thought about killing him when he's been the root cause for a lot of their problems. Technically, he was the one that broke up Ghost and Tommy's friendship and caused Angela's death. "Your incompetence is legendary" was one of the best lines in the whole episode. :russ:

-Rest in peace Big Grims. :mjcry: I didn't even flinch when Dre shot him because I saw it coming from a mile away. And the characters should know by now that Dre can escape and survive anything, so not watching him is the stupidest idea they could have had.

-I like how much Ramona admires and idolizes Ghost. Pretty much every character on this show doesn't trust him or thinks he's the worst person that's ever existed since Hitler, so it's nice to see someone who actually likes being around him and puts him on a pedestal. Anyone else think they might kill her? :lupe:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I think this show is written for ratchet chicks and non-intelligent people. It's not meant to be broken down.

A chick once asked me if I watched, and I said no. She said why, so I gave her examples. She was like "you thinking too much into it."
Breh... Power is not only written but a woman but its just as feminine or soap opery as shows like those of Shonda Rhimes. I remember a posting telling me this. Didn't understand him at first but now I do. Yes, this show is mainly for ratchet chicks. I mostly see ratchet chicks(and non-intelligent ppl) hype this show up. Ratchet hoes are not watching shows like the Wire or the Sopranos.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Nah he was hanging out with Kanan, saw his sister die, killed a man, set up another man to get murdered, was dealing with M.A.F.I.A. nikkas, stole from Tommy, that nikka been in the game for a minute. Y’all are avoiding answering the question. Give me a reasonable option she had to stop him from continuing down this path. What’s better, being like Ghost and turning a blind eye to it and acting like it’s gonna get better if you ignore it? What are her legit options. They already where shytty parents from the get go. They can’t undo 17 years of bad parenting.
You don’t stop them, but you keep trying to show them the right path and provide support if/when they fail and, at worst, let them him the bottom...

Y’all sound real weird saying teach him how to deal, if your daughter wanted to whore and wouldn’t stop doing it, you don’t go out and teach her how to suck dikk and slang p*ssy better, your kid wanna be a dust head you don’t teach them how to pick only the finest of rocks to smoke..,the fukk is wrong with y’all

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
You don’t stop them, but you keep trying to show them the right path and provide support if/when they fail and, at worst, let them him the bottom...

Y’all sound real weird saying teach him how to deal, if your daughter wanted to whore and wouldn’t stop doing it, you don’t go out and teach her how to suck dikk and slang p*ssy better, your kid wanna be a dust head you don’t teach them how to pick only the finest of rocks to smoke..,the fukk is wrong with y’all
I actually agree with you, I would never support my kids selling drugs. I just wanted someone to answer. Thank you.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:dead:

Exactly

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
What happened to the breh who does comic strips for the show? Haven’t see him on here in a while.

I’m still here. I haven’t done one the past two episodes because it’s too easy to spoof now. I literally can’t settle on one idea. But I’ll cook something up for this week. :salute: