Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Compare the first 3 seasons of power and the first 3 of top boy.. People cry about every series after season 5.. Even game of thrones got shyt on and that was one of the greatest shows of all time.

No doubt. First 3 seasons of Power were very good. Still wasn’t as gritty as Top Boy, but definitely not as off the wall.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get what both of you are saying, but the fact is that Teresi was still a snitch and Tommy was letting "daddy shyt" cloud his judgment. On this show, they treat snitching like it's the worst thing you could possibly do, on the level of being a Nazi or a pedophile. Tommy was skeptical about Teresi from the beginning, but a few episodes later, everything's cool with him and he trusts him more than he trusts Ghost, who keeps telling him to be careful around Teresi. He doesn't even see him being a snitch as a possibility until he gets the pictures, and even after that, Vincent has to give him the order to kill his father. It's not even something he immediately decides to do. And then it turns out that Tommy only cared about Teresi being a snitch because he thought he was snitching on him. Which means he would have kept a relationship with his father while Ghost rotted away in a prison cell.

My point is, Tommy was so emotional about a guy he barely knew his entire life and needed to make sure him being a snitch checked out. Meanwhile, he's known Proctor for longer and decides to take care of it the minute he hears about him being the witness. Wouldn't that be something he looks into before doing anything? Especially after what happened with Teresi? No, he just needs to hear Saxe say something about Proctor and he's ready to put him to rest like some maniacal supervillain.

And yeah, Proctor was a snitch, but I'm looking at both cases from Tommy's perspective.
What part of blood father vs attorney you don't even like isn't making sense here lol

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Ghost ties to the game resides with Tommy. Ghost has been out since the series opening episode, so he needs no crew.

Tommy on the other hand has killed quite a few of his own "muscle". but either way it's a tv show. Unrealistic, but still a tv show.
I think he's talking about in the context of the show. Every other faction they've dealt with, above (the Cartels) and below them, have had muscle. They really don't lol. All they've done is replace Rolla & Julio with 3 Stooges

Matter of Fact, how does Ghost even have money? If he's been "out of the game" or at least not as active, and Truth ain't even poppin anymore , where does his income come from? To sustain the lifestyle he's used to...how?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Really good episode.

:russ:nikkas in here still complaining as if they wouldn’t watch a tariq spinoff. Stop it. Y’all nikkaz would be right in the thread analyzing each episode again.

Have they said yet whether Mary J. Blige’s character is apart of the prequel or the spinoff? If it’s the latter, then you would think that she’d have to show up sometime soon with the season almost halfway over. I just don’t think his character and actor is good enough to warrant making him the central figure of a spinoff. You’re totally right though. People will still hate watch it regardless.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My biggest gripe with this episode is the writing of Tariq. Fine, I’ll go with him being able to influence these Italians for his scheme.

But the minute he’s getting beat up and sees HOW HARD EVERYONE IS WORKING TO SAVE HIS ASS he should rethink his hatred for his fam. The fact they pulled that money together and stunted on Vincent in the end should make him realize how loved he is.

There’s nothing about this situation that would make a person WANT to sell weight
You would think the real danger he was in with Jukebox was enough. Or the other cop killing his sister when the bullet was for him was enough. Or Kanaan murdering them cops and then getting murdered in front of him was enough.

Nope!

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You would think the real danger he was in with Jukebox was enough. Or the other cop killing his sister when the bullet was for him was enough. Or Kanaan murdering them cops and then getting murdered in front of him was enough.

Nope!

Not to mention the fact that his parents and the people around him were literally going above and beyond the distance to help cover up the murder of Ray Ray that he was directly responsible for.

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Ain’t gone lie this episode entertaining tho. :mjgrin:

It works way better when the gang is all together. Even if it’s for bytch ass Tariq

Edit: just got to the end. Seems like they’re pitting these dudes against each other again. :snoop:

You underestimate how much angie ment to ghost