Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
My notes:

-Ghost was in rare form in the first half of this episode. Usually, he's being pushed around and disrespected by everyone he's in contact with, so to see him handle Dre, Tate, and Jason's crew like he did was fantastic. The show works better when Ghost is calling the shots and controlling the situation. By the end of the episode, I don't know. He already tried being a better man last season and it barely even lasted two episodes. That's not who he is, that's who he thinks Angela wanted him to be.

-I called it. :mjgrin: I called it when the trailer came out that Angela would pop up as a hallucination in Ghost's mind, encouraging him to do certain things or she wouldn't respect him as a man. And then it happened. I don't think it will be a recurring thing, but I guess Angela was just showing up as a warning to Ghost that he needs to move on with his life. I'm just wondering why she wouldn't want Tommy dead, or what she really wants Ghost to learn from all this. This is pretty much Ghost's filtered version of Angela, so it's hard to tell if this is what she would really say. I didn't hate the hallucination, but I didn't love it that much either.

-No. No to everything Tasha, no to her new love story, and no to her always blaming Ghost for every horrible thing that's ever happened to her. Ever since people here made the comparison to Lucious and Cookie, I can't stop seeing it because every conversation these two have sounds just like an episode of Empire. I can't remember the last positive interaction Ghost and Tasha even had. Season four, maybe? How did these two end up together when all they do is shyt on each other every chance they get?

-Tommy's mother might love coke, but she's right all the time. She knew Holly wasn't it, she knew Teresi wasn't it, and she knows LaKeisha isn't it. At the end of the day, if Keisha sees that her son's life is at risk, she's going to step away from the whole thing and Tommy will have no choice but to get rid of her. These two are headed for a blowup of the highest degree. In the long run, both of them will get hurt and it will be awful.

-Tommy's mother and Joseph Sikora both know Tommy's weaknesses well, the main one being that he treats his close ones with too much trust (except for Ghost, but at least until the season five finale, he still wasn't willing to take it there). That scene with Tariq was him getting played and not realizing it. Tommy is so blinded by his love for Tariq, he doesn't see that this kid is complete trash and shouldn't be trusted. I'm assuming he's going to tell Tasha that Tariq is pushing drugs because her and Ghost confront Tariq about it next week. It's amazing how Tariq was upset about being lied to and kept wanting the truth from his parents, but at this point, he's just as much of a dirty liar and manipulator as they are.

-Jason favors Ghost over Tommy. Interesting to know. It's funny how Jason initially was behind Tommy and wanted him to move on from Ghost, but now, he is hoping for Ghost to kill Tommy and become his new distro. He's like that girl that's dating this one guy, but she's clearly over the relationship and sees a real future with another guy.

-Dre must think that both Ghost and Proctor are auditioning for the role of Booboo the Fool. Does he really think that he can get one over on them? They already don't trust him and have him on a leash. He can't play both sides anymore. Sooner or later, he's going to end up dead. He's outlived too many people and burned too many bridges. It's time for him to get his.

-Lindsay's acting in that overdose scene was horrendous. Speaking of that, Proctor's decision was cold-blooded, but it had to be done. I wonder how that dolphin tape is going to come into play since Saxe is now the only person that knows about it. I'm assuming it would be inadmissible, but knowing Power, they'll find a way around that.
Actually Holly was good. Tommy’s mother wanted her out of the way because she recognized that Holly was a threat to the control she had over Tommy.

Tasha blaming everybody but herself.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
nikkas in here really arguing the finer points of trash
GnxiS6AF.png

"What about the maggots you clown ass nikka? :stopitslime:"

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Writer becoming plural signifies a change in tune? My God you're stupid.

The tune is the same: the only thing that supports a "4-5 month" time span is off screen comments by writers. There's plenty shown onscreen that refutes that stupid ass assertion.

But I'm done with you, you're the lame who tried to claim Tariq was an 11 year old at Choate only to literally change your tune by trying to claim you were 'joking'. :camby:

YES I THOUGHT AN 11 YR OLD JUST
HAD SEX IN HIS DORM ROOM
YOU GOOFY ASS nikka.

:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Actually Holly was good. Tommy’s mother wanted her out of the way because she recognized that Holly was a threat to the control she had over Tommy.

Tasha blaming everybody but herself.

WTF YOU TALKING ABOUT?

HOLLY TRIED TO KILL GHOST
AND WAS TRYING TO GET TOMMY
TO TAKE OVER.

:devil:
:evil:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Dudes in here complaining about us dissing the writing but still watching it - let nikkas have fun. :camby:Tearing this horrible script apart is enjoyable as fukk. I'm sure even the writers themselves know it's just bullshyt at this point so they're like whatever. If it wasn't the last season I'm sure Angela, Raina and Kanan would have came back like zombies in season 8 lol.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
done w/ this trash...just started it a few minutes ago...the angela ghost scene (no pun intended) wasn’t that bad...but tommy walking into that drug meet and his lousy ass acting was the last straw...there’s absolutely no source of enjoyment from this show @ all...not even in criticizing it :pacspit:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the game of thrones season finale has made me “hard on shows” (HOS)

I would’ve maybe been able to tough this show out if it were just 8 episodes but 15???

GTFOH!

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why the fukk was Dre cryin like a bytch when proctor brought him to ghost?.... U suppose to be this bad ass killer and u got snot running down ya cheeks looking at ghost like he ya daddy.... :mjlol:
The way they've written Dre is probably the dumbest shyt they've done. He's simultaneously shook in every situation but then turns into a cold blooded John Wick killer in the other scenarios. He takes out hitmen while having sex with his chick and kills federal detectives with no hesitation or fear but gets shook by Ghost and Kanaan.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
The scene where Ghost shoots at close range at the ambulance was a poorly written scene.

All of a sudden Ghost can’t shoot two people successfully at close range after smashing into them?

:rudy:

whole time watchin that scene i was like "are ambulances bulletproof??"....:dwillhuh:

:mjlol: