Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, Larenz Tate is the best actor on this show BY FAR. He's actually a borderline Oscar level talent who just never got the proper looks during his career despite playing some iconic or cult-classic level characters. I fukks with Power heavy (it or Insecure is my favorite show) but from a purely acting talent standpoint, he's too good to be surrounded by the rest of this cast.

But he's not really a main character though, so I'm not sure if people even consider him when talking about who the best are.

This. He's got that magnetism on screen that you either have or you don't

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dre IMO is one of the more realistic characters.
lol you know a character is not realistic when the writing has to constantly set up contrivances to bail a character from reaching their demise. There was no reason for Julio to confront Dre (and then foolishly meet their primera on his say so) without speaking to ghost/Tommy. There was no real reason for riq to cover for Dre when the shyt with kanan/jukebox went down he just did for a flimsy reason. He went from being an assistant to closing major deals and managing clubs in months. The stuff with the David Blaine, toros and jimmerez has all been a little too easy, I think he's another in a bevy of unrealistic characters. Most realistic character would be somewhere between saxe or lala

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dre IMO is one of the more realistic characters. Other than the fact he didn't pop Kanan or tell on him. In all honesty that would've gotten him to the top quicker. Ghost isn't believable anymore. Tommy isn't believable, Kanan is a cartoon to himself.

I'm not taking about realism. Dre hasn't been around long enough to have worked his way up so far. He was running Truth and now he's Power's version of Littlefinger.

This show had a chance to fukk with the wire

:dwillhuh:When? The acting and writing has never even come close. Power is a NY Undercover level show; highly entertaining but not complex enough.

Tommy driving that mustang is dumb writing. Nobody doing dirt like that would drive such a noticeable car. shyt sticks out like a soar thumb. There's probably only 1 mint blue old school mustang like that in NYC and this nikka drives it to do ALL his dirt, there should be at least on APB on that car by now :mjlol: That wouldn't happen in real life lmao.

Didn't he drive right by Dre as he was standing outside at the end? He was a couple of parking spots away from Angela when she caught Ghost leaving the building:mjlol:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not taking about realism. Dre hasn't been around long enough to have worked his way up so far. He was running Truth and now he's Power's version of Littlefinger.

:dwillhuh:When? The acting and writing has never even come close. Power is a NY Undercover level show; highly entertaining but not complex enough.

Didn't he drive right by Dre as he was standing outside at the end? He was a couple of parking spots away from Angela when she caught Ghost leaving the building:mjlol:
He damn sure did lmao.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Show was never on the wire level lol stop

I love this show for what is ... straight fukkery

When I want to show to put some thought in I watch Mr Robot and shyt like that

Y'all nikkaz need to stop watching this shyt if y'all going over analyze everything...show is straight up fukkery and I love it

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Funny how white folks from the UK check for this show 100 times more than white folks in America. Only white americans I've seen mention this show are podcasters with black cohosts...
Really
Everyone is gassed on it here, especially this last season

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Really
Everyone is gassed on it here, especially this last season
Yeah I'm just basing it off of Twitter reactions. The only time a see a white person's talking about it they are from the UK. Only other white dude I've even heard talk about it is my homey with a black wife lol

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:mjpls:

But nah. He's a very good actor but Tate is a level above. I'm talking just skill.
Lol at that mjpls, man we are being real right? Do you recall alias or much of garber's work? Dude is a character actor.Whereas Tate has a lane and he kinda of stays in it..