Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Yea I get what you guys are saying....the evidence of the third child had been there.....

Still in such an adult show with a variety of storylines surrounding a variety of characters her not being shown virtually ever would lead many to totally forget her existence. We the audience are led to get deeply into the characters of ghost tommy Tasha angy Tariq and even kanan......even lakeisha and Raina were thought of......but that lil baby is an invisible after thought.

We see Tasha having affairs...ghost clubbing and running the streets......the shows writers clearly haven't created a realistic visual of two parents raising a toddler .....her age should truly have her in every scene that Tasha is in at home....yet that house seems virtually always empty. I think it's a bad oversight by the writers and directors. Toddlers are always within view of the parents and always being heard......they've muted this kid for the sake of an adult storyline and vibe. To the point people forget she's even there. That's not good film. Still dig the show tho.
I get your point but it's not a show for kids which is why for the most part they didn't focus much on the kids. I think yaz is only on the show to show a realism to their relationship if that makes sense. nearly every black show with kids in it have a child with an age greatly spaced apart. yaz only adds to the realism, but that role isn't a focus and shouldn't be.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Good episode. Angela's new boss, Tomeka is a member of Tate's organization. Tate and the preacher pretty much confirmed it I think. They got people everywhere and it's why Tomeka don't want anything to do with Ghost. That witness is going to end up missing.

Good catch

Im bout to tell all my friends and pretend I figured it out myself

:smugfavre:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I get your point but it's not a show for kids which is why for the most part they didn't focus much on the kids. I think yaz is only on the show to show a realism to their relationship if that makes sense. nearly every black show with kids in it have a child with an age greatly spaced apart. yaz only adds to the realism, but that role isn't a focus and shouldn't be.
But this is an exact example why some people say power is a bit under the quality standard it should be at like say if it were on HBO or SHOWTIME......good film makers would be able to embody the presence of the child without sacrificing the adulthood of the show......being a parent to a toddler is very adult most of us are doing it or have done it. Having ghost live that life and then come home and pick up his toddler daughter in her innocence would have only added another compelling angle to the storyline.....but the shows architects are too lazy to work with a child actor and only delve into the obvious elements they know the urban audience likes, sex and violence. If HBO were behind this it'd be a must that ghost and his toddlers relationship would be explored or at the very least expressed. Power simply tosses it to the side likely because they don't think the urban audience they cater to cares enough for, or are deserving of that time and effort. And that is sad because that would certainly give a lot more context and layering to the ghost character. We really don't see ghost as a parent to tarique because he is old enough and a bit his own rebellious man at this point......Raina was same age and limited in her appearances. But the baby gives actual contextual ability that they are neglecting. It's like they just simply had to throw her in there at the house after Raina's murder cuz it wouldn't make sense if she wasn't there. Serious opportunity lawst tho......unless they do so next season.

Last edited:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
Loved how they set up the Dre/Jimenez vs Ghost/Kanan/Tommy/Mafia war that's coming next season.

Enjoyed this season a lot. More episodes in season 5 please.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Maybe your family

im sure a quick search on youtube or google and you will see the amount of people who use that phrase

but since you want to be a dnese son of a bytch, you go dat way with your nonsense, dont got time for you fatherless fukk who act like shyt dont happen in real life.. go suck a dikk