Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Thematically the silver and Tasha stuff works though. It makes sense Tasha would start to wander since she's clearly not feeling Ghost anymore and their relationship is basically torpedoed even though he's the only one who can't see it. She's starting to have that same longing for a different life that Ghost was having when we started the series and he started pining for Angie. Plus it gives her something to do man. Can't waste your actors

If anything I'd say last week's episode was an empty vacuum and just bad tv. They could've condensed that into something more meaningful
Understood, and trust me it really isn't a complaint, more an observation. It works because that's the narrative for the character, but really not required for the development of the show. Tasha wouldn't even know anything about regular normal life, and how could she sell that to her kids ultimately? If providing something for Tasha to do, perhaps keep Yas at the house instead of grandmas all the time....lol. That would be a start imo.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. Angela is back on my good graces with that finesse... :wow:

Y'all don't like Dre but he's a dark horse for me now :russ: I want to see how far he takes this quadruple agent shyt but I'm sure he ain't surviving this season.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Understood, and trust me it really isn't a complaint, more an observation. It works because that's the narrative for the character, but really not required for the development of the show. Tasha wouldn't even know anything about regular normal life, and how could she sell that to her kids ultimately? If providing something for Tasha to do, perhaps keep Yas at the house instead of grandmas all the time....lol. That would be a start imo.

Give her something to do besides being a house mom tho. Also that's part of character work. You put them in situations to see how they react. Just saying "well Tasha wouldn't know any about regular normal life" is part of it. And it works into the overall narrative of the show in chronicling the relationship of this married couple and how one incident changed all of it for them and we see the results of that change. Characters can and should do stupid stuff from time to time as long as it's in character. Tasha wanting a new life is a development for her but also one that's probably impetuous and not well thought out. Which makes sense given all the emotional stress she's been under. So you see how she reacts and what comes from it

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If ghost had angela as criminal accessory wife instead of backstabbing 3lw he'd be > the cartels and white nightclub cac dude.

the way she moved the chess pieces in this episode was :ohhh:

Speaking on that is there a show that ever had that where the wife stayed loyal? Only show that comes to mind was Lucretia from Spartacus and that was refreshing as fukk. Evil as hell but at least she was ride or die for her husband.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If ghost had angela as criminal accessory wife instead of backstabbing 3lw he'd be > the cartels and white nightclub cac dude.

the way she moved the chess pieces in this episode was :ohhh:
I'm saying breh lol. This is the first episode this season where I said "hm these two should be together" because she's riding how Tasha used to ride. What I'm interested in is how does Angie's newfound love of the dark side mesh with ghost trying to be a Jedi now

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Speaking on that is there a show that ever had that where the wife stayed loyal? Only show that comes to mind was Lucretia from Spartacus and that was refreshing as fukk. Evil as hell but at least she was ride or die for her husband.

To be fair ghost did cheat on his wife man lol lets not act like she's supposed to be down regardless of what that nikka does and how he moves only to play housewife and front like everything is all good. He cheated on her then lied about cheating on her multiple times

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Give her something to do besides being a house mom tho. Also that's part of character work. You put them in situations to see how they react. Just saying "well Tasha wouldn't know any about regular normal life" is part of it. And it works into the overall narrative of the show in chronicling the relationship of this married couple and how one incident changed all of it for them and we see the results of that change. Characters can and should do stupid stuff from time to time as long as it's in character. Tasha wanting a new life is a development for her but also one that's probably impetuous and not well thought out. Which makes sense given all the emotional stress she's been under. So you see how she reacts and what comes from it
Totally understood. I'm just saying it's a piece that isn't required based on the "starz made us cut it down to ten" narrative, and yes, they certainly could have developed Tash'a character as a mother. They've done a horrible job at that, and that's basically all she's been throughout the show. a mom who is hardly around her kids. She isn't in the streets with Ghost, she basically is a stay at home mom without the kids. I'll also note, several times in the show it was mentioned "gotta get your hands dirty". Ghost said it in response to Tate, Tommy says it in response to Ghost, I think it was said another time. that's how they tie things together....it happens in every episode.

The Tash-Silver thing is corny, really doesn't fit, it really just doesn't.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
To be fair ghost did cheat on his wife man lol lets not act like she's supposed to be down regardless of what that nikka does and how he moves only to play housewife and front like everything is all good. He cheated on her then lied about cheating on her multiple times

:whoa: Yeah, I know that, breh. I'm not stanning Ghost blindly like some folks here. Like when dudes were calling Silver a c00n :mjpls: for spitting that truth to Ghost. I realize a lot of his problems started because he was fukkin with Angie.

Just wish most shows featured a power couple. Ozark just drop and again the wife ain't on the same page with the husband. shyt is tired lol.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Exactly. The whole Ghost love/Dre hate thing kills me when Dre is essentially a younger Ghost. That's why you don't even need to ever have a "backstory" episode about Ghost, that's literally what the writers are giving us with Dre.
You're creating your own narrative with Dre