Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
- Dre needs to be killed ten times. :camby: First it was "I want a better life for my daughter", now this disloyal Frosted Flakes muthafukka is throwing Ghost under the bus - a dude that gave him a straight chance in life. Ungrateful b*stard. :beli:Soon Kanan will be the least of his worries. That lil snake should have stayed in his line, now he's making all these big grandiose promises cos he thinks he'll be Tony Montana or some shyt.

-

To be fair, Dre infiltrated Ghost's organization to help Kanan get back at Ghost.............somewhere along the line he started blurring the lines of what his actually interest were. He's just fukking people over and helping them to the point where it's all confusing.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Since we all hate Dre for "spoilers" reason, I wonder how everyone would feel about Ghost if Kanan was the protagonist of Power. Imagine if the show took place during the period where Ghost and Tasha were scheming on putting Kanan in jail, we'd probably hate Ghost more than we hate Dre now.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a Power prequel spinoff :jbhmm:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
To be fair, Dre infiltrated Ghost's organization to help Kanan get back at Ghost.............somewhere along the line he started blurring the lines of what his actually interest were. He's just fukking people over and helping them to the point where it's all confusing.

dre has screwed everyone over dude would prob sell out his mom

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Since we all hate Dre for "spoilers" reasons, I wonder how everyone would feel about Ghost if Kanan was the protagonist of Power. Imagine if the show took place during the period where Ghost and Tasha were scheming on putting Kanan in jail, we'd probably hate Ghost more than we hate Dre now.
Exactly. The whole Ghost love/Dre hate thing kills me when Dre is essentially a younger Ghost. That's why you don't even need to ever have a "backstory" episode about Ghost, that's literally what the writers are giving us with Dre.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Since we all hate Dre for "spoilers" reasons, I wonder how everyone would feel about Ghost if Kanan was the protagonist of Power. Imagine if the show took place during the period where Ghost and Tasha were scheming on putting Kanan in jail, we'd probably hate Ghost more than we hate Dre now.
That would depend how they depict Kanan. He may have been even more savage a decade ago and people may be on some :huhldup:nah this nikka gotta go Ghost got some sense
Exactly. The whole Ghost love/Dre hate thing kills me when Dre is essentially a younger Ghost. That's why you don't even need to ever have a "backstory" episode about Ghost, that's literally what the writers are giving us with Dre.
Ghost put Kanan in jail because he wanted to go a certain way (which we have yet to know/may never know) and Kanan didn't. We don't know the nature of their boss Breeze, maybe he was worse than Kanan? Either way Kanan was wild himself and the only way for Ghost to do what he had to do was lock him up or kill him. The setup was between him and his wife who he trusted.

Dre is letting anybody would listen know he's gunning for the top spot and shaking hands left and right, showing his hand to the plug who owes the man he's trying to usurp a favor. A man who always took him off the streets and had him hustling differently, even cleanly if he chose. I think they're trying to allude to what Ghost did however long ago but I also think they're highlighting how difficult it is and why Ghost is Ghost. Which is probably why a backstory would be needed.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
The Power writers really can't complain about not having enough episodes. Some of the plots are just wasting minutes. The rape scene wasn't required even though that's what set Tariq off in a good way.

The Silver Tasha nonsense really has no place.
Yes it does :sas2:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Power writers really can't complain about not having enough episodes. Some of the plots are just wasting minutes. The rape scene wasn't required even though that's what set Tariq off in a good way.

The Silver Tasha nonsense really has no place.

Thematically the silver and Tasha stuff works though. It makes sense Tasha would start to wander since she's clearly not feeling Ghost anymore and their relationship is basically torpedoed even though he's the only one who can't see it. She's starting to have that same longing for a different life that Ghost was having when we started the series and he started pining for Angie. Plus it gives her something to do man. Can't waste your actors

If anything I'd say last week's episode was an empty vacuum and just bad tv. They could've condensed that into something more meaningful

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Another fire episode.
That scene with Angela at the end :wow: is probably the best scene of the season so far

The attempted rape was unnecessary and didn't fit the show.

Tasha/Silver storyline is also corny.

Feels like they were given more money for the show after The Jubebox storyline wrapped. The show has looked different from that point.