Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps

Things are getting heated between Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Starz as he used some choice words on Instagram to illustrate his feelings about how the cabler has been treating him and his drama series Power.

Jackson, who plays Kanan and serves as Executive Producer of the series, posted a threatening photo collage on the social media platform with the caption,”I woke up feeling a little different about POWER this morning . If the biggest show on your net work doesn’t mean anything, what does your network mean STARZ? I’m taking my talents to south beach f*ck this.”

Jackson’s straight-forward threat to leave the show comes after Sunday’s episode, which was originally planned as a two-parter. The episode saw the death of two major characters and was supposed to include additional storylines. According to showrunner Courtney Kemp, Starz didn’t agree to extend the episode order, which made this jam-packed episode lose some story elements.

Power is currently in its fourth season and is Starz’s highest-rated series. Since the start of the series, the show — and Jackson — have had some speed bumps. The rapper-actor has, on more than one occasion, put his feelings on display on social media. In December he made it clear that he was unhappy with the lack of nominations for Power at the Golden Globes. He also dragged Jay Z’s most recent album, 4:44 on Instagram.

In the fall of 2016, a man by the name of Larry Johnson went after Starz, 50 Cent, Kemp, CBS Television and others alleging that they had access to his Tribulation of a Ghetto Kid script and ripped it off

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
WTF Starz? Why they doing Fif like that and shortening the series. fukk!!!!

It's not just Tasha who's younger than Ghost, Angie is several years younger in real life and even on the show I'm pretty sure she's only like 39 at most. Which is not an issue but I don't know how they were supposed to be high school sweethearts.
In films and TV they always do weird shyt with age like full adults playing high schoolers. It happens...

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Its hilarious how everyone is either calling it the best or the worst episode with no in between :dead:
Cause it's very good but a lot of people try to hate on power regardless. Another thing is some people may not like how much they are stretching it so far beyond reality which is my only complaint. What I mean by that is so much went on this episode to the point where you know this shyt is highly fictional and it takes away the realism. It been like that since Ghost killed CO Charlie Murphy.

HBO would never pick up Power....it's basically the water down version of The Wire
Even if your right I think that that gives them more reason to pick it up lol.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Guvnor it happens with black folk too :what: You know how many bytches I went to high school with that was getting picked up by older nikkas with cars back in the day? I'm talking 9th-10th grade getting scooped up by dudes 18, 20+ y/o.
No one that said it was a good episode really explained how

They killed off Julio for no reason. I thought Dre's motive for killing Julio is because he questioned him about Kanaan?

@GoldenGlove won
:what: Do you watch episodes or just skim through them? Dre clearly told Kansan he has a plan. And taking out Julio as distro will make him move up, so I’m sure that’s apart of his plan. Dre been putting bugs in Julio ear and been envious of him wanting his spot.