Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
The funny thing about reading these kind of posts is the fact that yal dropping summaries of the premise of a show without any details/context at all. Breaking Bad is the wrong show to do this with, because the show was all about the fine details and dialog.

I enjoy shows that are entertaining, creative, thought provoking and essentially make sense (in the narratives' WORLD). There are all types of ridiculous story lines in TV. But each show has it's own setting, it's own world, it's own characters... it's own universe. The creators of the show then take that world and pour in everything else and try to make it all make sense to the viewer.

How everything was executed in Breaking Bad made sense for the world that the writers of that show set out to do with it. There were no gaping plot holes, there were some reaches, but nothing that tarnished the quality of the show overall. It's laughable that nikkas really are in this thread putting Power on the same level as Breaking Bad.

The real thing that's wild about this comparison is the fact that Power has a much easier story to develop and make believable than Breaking Bad... yet the writing and the pacing has gotten so bad on Power, that the storylines within the show have turned it into a complete shyt show.

Your summary of Breaking Bad is exactly what happened in the show, but the story was told and executed so much better than what we have here on Power that it doesn't even matter.
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
Yeah it could happen, but why would Kanan be dumb enough to do something that could easily get him caught and sent to prison for life?

I understand it's just a TV show and doesn't need to be nitpicked, but it is a discussion thread
No it's not that it "could" happen. It has happened several times. Y'all just are not familiar with that this has happened in real life and wrote the scenario off as bullshyt in a TV show.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And why can't that be the case here?

I mean, I know the answer but I wanna know how you're gonna bullshyt your way through it :whiteparadise:
You're more of a fan of this show than I am breh.

I feel like the show could have been executed much better than this. No need to bullshyt through anything. It's an opinion.

Maybe I have a higher standard for stuff that I watch than most, maybe you enjoy fukkery without any thinking applied. I cannot watch a show and just take what is given to me at face value... you call it nitpicking, it's just how I process what I'm consuming

:hubie:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
She's regular :what:

I swear you nikkas would fukk a catchers mitt if it had makeup on
Something about her is sexy...or at least it was in that jogging scene :heh: she probably has the most "I'm a nasty bytch" face of the women in the show outside of Soo.
I'm pretty sure Nuyoricans don't randomly speak Spanish to each other like they do in the show
Not all of them have forgotten Spanish :skip: plus weaving in and out of it is accurate

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Something about her is sexy...or at least it was in that jogging scene :heh: she probably has the most "I'm a nasty bytch" face of the women in the show outside of Soo.

Not all of them have forgotten Spanish :skip: plus weaving in and out of it is accurate

I used to think Angie's sister was hot too, but then I saw the closeup og her face in this last episode and now I'm not into her as much.

I know most 2nd gen Latinos (if that's what Angie is) can speak Spanish, but for the most part they usually only speak Spanish with immigrant Latinos.