Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
I honestly don't see why folks get defensive. It's a TV show, we're on a message board to talk about the TV show. of course if there is something to critique...we will. We obviously find Power entertaining, thus why we watch, so we aren't really dissin the writers but acknowledging we're being entertained.

The real proof is that at midnight some of us will be on ONDEMAND.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The funny thing about reading these kind of posts is the fact that yal dropping summaries of the premise of a show without any details/context at all. Breaking Bad is the wrong show to do this with, because the show was all about the fine details and dialog.

I enjoy shows that are entertaining, creative, thought provoking and essentially make sense (in the narratives' WORLD). There are all types of ridiculous story lines in TV. But each show has it's own setting, it's own world, it's own characters... it's own universe. The creators of the show then take that world and pour in everything else and try to make it all make sense to the viewer.

How everything was executed in Breaking Bad made sense for the world that the writers of that show set out to do with it. There were no gaping plot holes, there were some reaches, but nothing that tarnished the quality of the show overall. It's laughable that nikkas really are in this thread putting Power on the same level as Breaking Bad.

The real thing that's wild about this comparison is the fact that Power has a much easier story to develop and make believable than Breaking Bad... yet the writing and the pacing has gotten so bad on Power, that the storylines within the show have turned it into a complete shyt show.

Your summary of Breaking Bad is exactly what happened in the show, but the story was told and executed so much better than what we have here on Power that it doesn't even matter.
I'm a huge Breaking bad fan, but there were plenty of ridiculous scenarios that were far fetched as fukk but we let it ride cause the show was dope. One that comes to mind was when Walter was dealing with the local Mexican gang and defeated them all with some fake "bomb" bullshyt. Knowing full well in real life those clowns would have been murked many times over.

Personally i find the story line and writing in Power at an ELITE level. Show is truly the best thing on TV right now. 50 Cent should be proud.

Last edited:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
:lolbron:

I'll give you 2 episodes out of 5 seasons of piff. And while a lot of people didn't like the fly episode, it still served a purpose in character development for both Walt and Jesse.

:manny:
Your VASTLY overrating Breaking Bad breh. The writing on Breaking Bad was average compared to The Wire and Power breh.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I'm a huge Breaking bad fan, but there were plenty of ridiculous scenarios that war far fetched as fukk but we let it ride cause the show was dope. One that comes to mind was when Walter was dealing with the local Mexican gang and defeated them all with some fake "bomb" bullshyt. Knowing full well in real life them clown would have been murked many times over.

Personally i find the story line and writing in Power at an ELITE level. Show is truly the best thing on TV right now. 50 Cent should be proud.

This breh, dudes in here talking bout Power's writing is on the level of Empire :mjlol:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Yea breaking bad had a ton of unrealistic scenarios. But I don't get mad because that is what television and entertainment is all about. Hell the life of a real meth dealer is likely boring as hell.

But just to name a few superhero ass things from our boy Walter white.

Dropping a bomb in fukko office by some chemical compound the size of a now and later :mjlol: after having the audacity of trying to check fukko for busting jesse up and taking his product lol. Real life Mr white wouldn't have gotten in the building let alone a chance to blow the 2nd floor but walk out unharmed lol

Regular science teacher kills gus fring who went toe to tie with an entire cartel and beat them but fell for a make shift bomb under a wheel chair triggered by a bell :mjlol:

Takes out an entire Arayan group by a remote control automatic weapon that popped up out of the trunk :dead:

Destroyed video taped evidence on a lap top, of his cooking in a super lab by building a gigantic sized magnet in a dusty truck parking it next to a police station and not a 1 police officer questioned why is this big dusty ass truck parking next to our precinct :mjlol:

Dissolving bodies in a chemical that doesn't dissolve anything in real life , they dissolved the bike too :dead:

We really can keep going.

Honestly, most great tv shows have exaggerated scenarios for the sake of entertainment, it's the characters and dialog that makes the classic

The acting on power Is top notch, where power falls short, is in the dialog. That's just my opinion.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My argument isn't that Breaking Bad is more realistic than Power. Both shows have outlandish and ridiculous scenarios go down... Both shows are entertaining.

The attention to detail and the execution of how things were built up and played out in Breaking Bad are superior to Power IMO. I also feel like the cinematography in Breaking Bad was amazing.

I'll leave at that, I'm out
:hubie:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont ya'll think turtle is too young to be a lawyer??
Ruining the show a lil.
I cant take him serious as a lawyer.

:dahell:

Turtle is a grown ass man. My currrent lawyer is 36. Been in the game like 10 years already.
I graduated from law school at 24. There were a couple people in my section younger than me.