Power Season 4 (Official Thread)

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Power is in the Black Culture Deep as in Deep into the Church.

No lie, I didn't really put it together like that with Tariq doing drugs which is the same thing his father was selling lol. Like of course I knew but I didn't look at the irony in that.

Dude crazy as fukk for doing this though :russ:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I enjoy Power much more than I enjoyed Breaking Bad. I haven't revisited Breaking Bad since it ended, not to say that I won't at some point.

I was able to watch all of Breaking Bad minus the last season on Netflix, so I was able to skip through a lot of the garbage and boring episodes. The last season was a chore to watch in real time.

My point is that people use a microscope to watch Power that they don't use watching BB, Walking Dead, etc.
Walking Dead's writing is trash
Power's writing is trash
Breaking Bad's writing was elite

Yeah, the story arc and what happened is outlandish as any drug show, but the way the characters were developed and how every detail in the show MATTERED is what separates Breaking Bad from Power.

Every popular show is analyzed and discussed in detail. Yal nikkas just getting in your feelings because people aren't just happily being spoon fed stupidity without asking questions. You don't even have to put Power through a microscope to pick it a part. The show ain't deep at all. All you need to have is common sense and good taste and you can clearly see why Power isn't an elite show.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The levels of stupidity on display in this thread would be hilarious if most of these dummies werent 100 percent serious. Cats are obtuse as fukk. :snoop: let a white bytch be flying a dragon in "westros" though or a zombie take over of the world go down. They ain't questioning shyt :stopitslime:

"How didn't the CDC stop the zombie virus and contain it in one state? :camby: this show stupid as fukk"

"How can can a woman hold on to a dragon while it's flying 100mph if a mans grip can only hold five gs?:comeon: the gforce of the speed would make brock lesnar fall off :camby: stupid ass writers with these plotholes"

nikkas debating force equations for whether a skinny man pushing a 200+bar down on you while you benching is dangerous :laff: gotta love the coli

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:
You know that Walter White ice is colder :mjpls:

Breaking Bad had an extremely unbelievable premise, multiple episodes of absolutely nothing going on, big plot holes, and even have people questioning if the entire series was a dream after the last episode :mjlol: But I've never read one complaint from these people about "writing". :mjpls:

A show about a chemistry teacher becoming a kingpin in Cartel Land while fighting cancer and evading his DEA brother in law warrants no writing criticism, but a show about a black, intelligent drug dealer trying to go straight turns everyone into Aaron Sorkin :jbhmm:
Welcome to be African in the United States.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Walking Dead's writing is trash
Power's writing is trash
Breaking Bad's writing was elite

Yeah, the story arc and what happened is outlandish as any drug show, but the way the characters were developed and how every detail in the show MATTERED is what separates Breaking Bad from Power.

Every popular show is analyzed and discussed in detail. Yal nikkas just getting in your feelings because people aren't just happily being spoon fed stupidity without asking questions. You don't even have to put Power through a microscope to pick it a part. The show ain't deep at all. All you need to have is common sense and good taste and you can clearly see why Power isn't an elite show.
Nobody is saying Power is an elite show, but it isn't nearly as bad as people go out of there way to make it seem. It gets critiqued more than any other premium cable show on air right now.

There are many things that were left open and required a lot of gymnastics in Breaking Bad. The writing was good but there were plenty of crap episodes and gymnastics going on throughout its run. Like I said, I wouldn't have been able to finish the series if I had to watch it in real time. I would've lost interest on one of the many filler episodes they had.

You didn't even try to rebuttal the critiques I had of the show because you never looked for any while you were watching (probably). You enjoyed it that much, which is fine.

To each their own, I'm enjoying Power and I'll revisit it before I go back and watch Breaking Bad again.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To all the nikkas that say Power's writing is ridiculous then Breaking Bad is the king of that shyt. You mean to tell me a cancer stricken chemistry teacher teams up with a Slim Shady meth head to create pure blue meth and takes on biker gangs and a drug kingpin meanwhile keeping it a secret from his wife.:shaq2: And his brother in law is a federal agent.:rudy: And becomes the biggest supplier of blue meth in the southwest.:stopitslime: nikka please. :childplease:

The funny thing about reading these kind of posts is the fact that yal dropping summaries of the premise of a show without any details/context at all. Breaking Bad is the wrong show to do this with, because the show was all about the fine details and dialog.

I enjoy shows that are entertaining, creative, thought provoking and essentially make sense (in the narratives' WORLD). There are all types of ridiculous story lines in TV. But each show has it's own setting, it's own world, it's own characters... it's own universe. The creators of the show then take that world and pour in everything else and try to make it all make sense to the viewer.

How everything was executed in Breaking Bad made sense for the world that the writers of that show set out to do with it. There were no gaping plot holes, there were some reaches, but nothing that tarnished the quality of the show overall. It's laughable that nikkas really are in this thread putting Power on the same level as Breaking Bad.

The real thing that's wild about this comparison is the fact that Power has a much easier story to develop and make believable than Breaking Bad... yet the writing and the pacing has gotten so bad on Power, that the storylines within the show have turned it into a complete shyt show.

Your summary of Breaking Bad is exactly what happened in the show, but the story was told and executed so much better than what we have here on Power that it doesn't even matter.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nobody is saying Power is an elite show, but it isn't nearly as bad as people go out of there way to make it seem. It gets critiqued more than any other premium cable show on air right now.

There are many things that were left open and required a lot of gymnastics in Breaking Bad. The writing was good but there were plenty of crap episodes and gymnastics going on throughout its run. Like I said, I wouldn't have been able to finish the series if I had to watch it in real time. I would've lost interest on one of the many filler episodes they had.

You didn't even try to rebuttal the critiques I had of the show because you never looked for any while you were watching (probably). You enjoyed it that much, which is fine.

To each their own, I'm enjoying Power and I'll revisit it before I go back and watch Breaking Bad again.
You already admitted that you didn't even watch every episode of Breaking Bad, so I can't even take your criticism of the show too serious. There weren't any gymnastics with that show that had to be done for me to understand that show. There weren't any "crap" episodes... the show didn't have any filler episodes. So me reading this, is just telling me, you really don't know what you're talking about.

There's nothing to revisit Power for IMO. This show isn't some cerebral thinking man's show, plus there too much new great content available to be watching anything over... let alone something as simple as Power.

To each their own tho.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I watched the fight scene again and goddamn Ghost was going crazy, he made the dinosaur noise again like when he yelled at Shawn. Ghost isn't as reckless as Tommy, but he can still be a cold blooded killer when his buttons are pushed.

And how the fukk did Biscuit think he was gonna kill Ghost with that puny little knife after seeing the CO like that?
Those facial tattoos and his current location in prison should tell you that planning ahead isn't exactly his forte.