Power Season 3 (Official Thread)

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
I love BB and Wire but you right on with this shyt breh. I remember wondering how the hell a man with Stage 4 lung cancer was running around and fighting in the desert like it's nothing. I also remember wondering how Omar not only survived but had all these hardened street cats that had guns of their own shook like he was Freddy Krueger or some shyt :russ:. As long as the show doesn't take it to end of Dexter levels, it will be okay.
You're wrong about Omar. Omar was a killer. Having a gun doesn't make you a for real killer. Omar had no known address or family. Omar got hit a couple times. Omar survived because he survived, not from lack of effort. Plus he worked out a truce with the ones who were on his head the most, the Barksdales. Omar would leave town. Omar wore body armor. It was consequences for fukking with Omar. Like he said if you come at the king, you best not miss. if you did, he was on your head. Nobody wants them problems. the same with Chris and Snoop. nikkas willingly walked to their death. They had the hood shook, but they knew fukkin with Omar was a whole nother animal. How he eventually got killed, tehy forund his weakness. they kill Butchie and had him extra amped and he was on the hunt taking extra chances. be it he ended dying at the hands of Kenard but still.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're wrong about Omar. Omar was a killer. Having a gun doesn't make you a for real killer. Omar had no known address or family. Omar got hit a couple times. Omar survived because he survived, not from lack of effort. Plus he worked out a truce with the ones who were on his head the most, the Barksdales. Omar would leave town. Omar wore body armor. It was consequences for fukking with Omar. Like he said if you come at the king, you best not miss. if you did, he was on your head. Nobody wants them problems. the same with Chris and Snoop. nikkas willingly walked to their death. They had the hood shook, but they knew fukkin with Omar was a whole nother animal. How he eventually got killed, tehy forund his weakness. they kill Butchie and had him extra amped and he was on the hunt taking extra chances. be it he ended dying at the hands of Kenard but still.

Omar wasn't the only killer in Baltimore though. You got corners full of nikkas that don't care about life, that will kill without giving it a second thought and they get to running like Jason's coming because they hear this nikka (all by his damn self mind you) whistling? :comeon: That character was exaggerated for TV just like Chris and Snoop. You can't take over the westside of a city with two goons doing all the dirty work. You aren't gonna go from a typical middle school kid to 3rd in the goon pecking order, running your own corner for the biggest dealer in the city in a few weeks like Mike did in real life

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Omar wasn't the only killer in Baltimore though. You got corners full of nikkas that don't care about life, that will kill without giving it a second thought and they get to running like Jason's coming because they hear this nikka (all by his damn self mind you) whistling? :comeon: That character was exaggerated for TV just like Chris and Snoop. You can't take over the westside of a city with two goons doing all the dirty work. You aren't gonna go from a typical middle school kid to 3rd in the goon pecking order, running your own corner for the biggest dealer in the city in a few weeks like Mike did in real life
marlo had a whole crew... you don't remember when they was about to straight up kill two cops when herc and carver tried to take him to the school?

the funny thing is, people see this shyt everyday... how you think killers in the hood make it to get big names? nikkas like alpo and wayne perry and the real 50 cent... nikkas who ran around robbing and killing nikkas for years when one bullet from one thug could take them out at any time

FEAR

anyone could be killed... presidents on down... the fear is that you will lose your life trying... and the bigger the legend of that person, the more fear his name brings... and that's usually enough for people to not even entertain the fight

hence why marlo killed any person who even back talked him... so everone else would fear his name and be too shook to even speak a word against him.. cause he'll come through the house and kill your whole family for saying he's a dikk sucker

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

One thing that annoyed me about The Wire was Snoop and Chris being untouchable

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
For most part she was

Yeah, but Snoop and Chris are basically how Marlo rose to power, he had the best hitters in Baltimore. If they weren't untouchable people would be like "Wait, how'd Marlo take over the city?", and before that Avon had the best in Weebey, Bird and Stinkum.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
Yeah, but Snoop and Chris are basically how Marlo rose to power, he had the best hitters in Baltimore. If they weren't untouchable people would be like "Wait, how'd Marlo take over the city?", and before that Avon had the best in Weebey, Bird and Stinkum.

Snupe and Chris moved extra sneaky though. Its not like they was in a shootouts everyweek, bullets flying everywhere type of untouchable. Nobody knew them outside of select people and urban legend.

They was catching people slipping and then taking them for a long walk...

I dont give a fukk about TV exagerating shyt, its TV.

The writing seems to have taken a quality control dip, like its being done ad-hoc. Its a Wifey ting now, she didnt like the first season, okayed the second and loves this one, a 3 min synopsis at dinner will nail it for me, im out.

The Blind Man

Illuminated Attitude Adjuster
Daps
Reppin
The Republik of Mancunia
He wasn't in remission yet at that point. That's a lot for any 50 year old man that doesn't keep himself in shape, let alone a man with any stage of lung cancer.

I know who Omar was based on. That doesn't make it any more realistic.

Catching feelings because someone doesn't act like certain TV shows are above reproach sounds way more Drakeish to me :manny:.

I expect over exagerated shyt for TV I was kinda talking about the writing. But cool either way.

I take back that sideways shyt I said to you breh, that was some bytch shyt of me to say. My bad. :snoop:

I'm thinking your a BB or Wire fan to know that much about the shows so I'll step off and :salute:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
marlo had a whole crew... you don't remember when they was about to straight up kill two cops when herc and carver tried to take him to the school?

the funny thing is, people see this shyt everyday... how you think killers in the hood make it to get big names? nikkas like alpo and wayne perry and the real 50 cent... nikkas who ran around robbing and killing nikkas for years when one bullet from one thug could take them out at any time

FEAR

anyone could be killed... presidents on down... the fear is that you will lose your life trying... and the bigger the legend of that person, the more fear his name brings... and that's usually enough for people to not even entertain the fight

hence why marlo killed any person who even back talked him... so everone else would fear his name and be too shook to even speak a word against him.. cause he'll come through the house and kill your whole family for saying he's a dikk sucker

Of course he did but for the purposes of a TV show it focused on Snoop and Chris the majority of the time. If I am not mistaken, all of the bodies in the vacants were attributed to them. You don't see presidents walking around alone in the streets with nikkas running in their wake though do you? shyt you didn't even see Marlo and Avon doing shyt like that. What you are saying is true and I never denied any of it. I just said some of the shyt was embellished for effect/story/drama/time/finances etc. Are you denying this?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I expect over exagerated shyt for TV I was kinda talking about the writing. But cool either way.

I take back that sideways shyt I said to you breh, that was some bytch shyt of me to say. My bad. :snoop:

I'm thinking your a BB or Wire fan to know that much about the shows so I'll step off and :salute:

Respect.