Power Season 3 (Official Thread)

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, breh. Really wack character development.

This dude is supposed to be a Wharton-educated drug cartel boss with lethal assassins from the School of the Americas on the team and moles inside the FBI!

Yet, he needs Tommy's dumb ass to kill Ghost? And stays patient as Tommy continues to waste time doing it? :mindblown:

Like you said, a real cartel dude with killers on the team would have Ghost and his entire family killed and chopped up.

We were led to believe Lobos was that type of psycho, yet all he did was prance around like a fakkit and talk about oral sex in most of his scenes. :dahell:

Now, they have a Serb that apparently eats nikkas. He better kill and eat someone close to Ghost. Why even bring up he's a cannibal if that shyt isn't going to be leveraged for effect?

The fact that Lobos was a psychotic fakkit should have been used for effect. Why did his goons never kidnap one of Ghost or Tommy's dudes and sodomize them or some shyt? :dame: Not saying that's some shyt I would like to see. But, no need to make Lobos out to be a fakkit if some ruthless shyt wasn't going to be done for effect. They could have just made him an animated dude, not some fakkit.

:mjpls:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The inside cop definitely gonna find Lobos using those cell towers, don't forget about that part! Lobos Lives!
also don't forget that cop (he's actually another fed lawyer) hated lobos... only reason he was doing his bidding was to protect his family.. he's always known about tommy and ghost and angela... lobos too...

so there's no guarantee that he even cares about getting "revenge" for this

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
If Knox and everyone else had a vest except for Lobos, that's poor writing.

He should have received a shot to the dome.

When Mike's team go searching for Lobos' body, they'll find the vest.
that would be the worst writing in the history of tv

what that nikka lobos do? hold his breath and his eyes open until they left

ghost and tommy walking around with this dude for all this time and ghost laying on top of him but nobody could feel a vest?

he dead brehs

Daps

This dude is supposed to be a Wharton-educated drug cartel boss with lethal assassins from the School of the Americas on the team and moles inside the FBI!

Yet, he needs Tommy's dumb ass to kill Ghost? And stays patient as Tommy continues to waste time doing it? :mindblown:

Like you said, a real cartel dude with killers on the team would have Ghost and his entire family killed and chopped up.

We were led to believe Lobos was that type of psycho, yet all he did was prance around like a fakkit and talk about oral sex in most of his scenes. :dahell:

Now, they have a Serb that apparently eats nikkas. He better kill and eat someone close to Ghost. Why even bring up he's a cannibal if that shyt isn't going to be leveraged for effect?

The fact that Lobos was a psychotic fakkit should have been used for effect. Why did his goons never kidnap one of Ghost or Tommy's dudes and sodomize them or some shyt? :dame: Not saying that's some shyt I would like to see. But, no need to make Lobos out to be a fakkit if some ruthless shyt wasn't going to be done for effect. They could have just made him an animated dude, not some fakkit.

I complain about the writing, cuz much of it doesn't make sense, but I don't think Lobos needed Tommy to kill Ghost. I think Lobos was insistent on Tommy killing Ghost so that Tommy could prove himself loyal and worthy to be his connect.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
he even got stabbed in prison :childplease:

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
I know there's been a lot of complaining recently but I'm sure they'll wrap up some loose ends by the finale, y'all remember how piff the last few episodes were of season 2? With that said this season has definitely been the weakest so far, like someone said in the last couple pages Angie needs to die, she's holding back ghost too much with his decisions which in turn is holding back the story a lil.

:russ:
And Angela dying does what for Ghost going forward? Angela is not holding Ghost back. Ghost wanted out the game before Angela came along. Angela knows he's a criminal mastermind, she is technically a part of his criminal enterprise. Angela is the only "supportive" one. The wife and Tommy keep and kept holding him back.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
And regarding Lobos wearing a vest....can a vest even stop a point blank shot? I didn't think it could.

Lobos being alive never crossed my mind til I came in this thread. If he is it would be absolutely horrid writing.
Depends on the caliber, but even then it don't mean automatic death. For all we know his goons got there in time to save him. He could very well be dead, but the whole scenario just played way too childishly and amateurish.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Angela dying does what for Ghost going forward? Angela is not holding Ghost back. Ghost wanted out the game before Angela came along. Angela knows he's a criminal mastermind, she is technically a part of his criminal enterprise. Angela is the only "supportive" one. The wife and Tommy keep and kept holding him back.
I literally just meant for entertainment purposes lol, all of the arguments/make up shyt is getting old.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
i get why people criticize it but its not and never been going to be a top tier show.
show has always been enjoyable television with an edge and a soapy tropes...i'd class it with Suits, White Collar down to something like Gossip Girl.

all minor problems aside which there has always been with this show...i thought they killed it with this episode.
easily one of the most enjoyable episodes of the series yet.

:manny:

as charismatic and amusing Lobos was...i really hope they don't bring him back
it would fall way into too much soapy Gossip Girl-esque stuff which this show has always been straddling the line of.

EDIT-
the actor that plays Tommy was a guest on Premium Pete's podcast this week.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And regarding Lobos wearing a vest....can a vest even stop a point blank shot? I didn't think it could.

Lobos being alive never crossed my mind til I came in this thread. If he is it would be absolutely horrid writing.
Kanan ain't die after getting his ass beat and shanked up... AND locked up inside of that damn room Ghost set on fire, so hmmmm is Lobos dead brehs?
:lupe:

:laff:

This show is borderline comedy at this point

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah it wasn't

But holy shyt :ohhh: DRASIC
YO I USED TO WATCH THAT SHOW IN FRENCH IT WAS CALLED Harltey Coeur a Vif or some shyt like that.
God damn memories:wow:

:ohhh: Heart Break High, thats a blast from the past

Yeah mann. I noticed he was in batman vs superman too as one of the militia when bat mans in Africa or whatever.

I think he's got a distinctive face, when I was a kid he was one of my favourite characters in the show.

Tried to peep the show on YouTube, don't remember fukk all apart from the Italian kinda kid with the long hair and the blonde bytch.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
We saw how smooth Milan and his crew took out the Jamaicans.

You're telling me School of the Americas-trained assassins couldn't take out Ghost on one of his runs? :martin:

They shouldn't have even introduced the idea that Lobos had those types on his team or on call the entire time.

It made for a nice line when Tommy asked if they speak English, but it made a lot of the activity over the last season regarding Lobos' need to go through Tommy to kill Ghost :duck:.

The Serbs taking out the Jamaicans wasn't realistic either, they were in Midtown Manhattan at around 7PM and nobody noticed all that ruckus? I was willing to overlook that, though.

The drug cartel isn't nearly as powerful in the US as it is in Mexico, the Mexican government is corrupt and their police force if often useless. So that allows cartels to thrive. Showing up in NYC and dropping a bunch of bodies in a short period of time would be difficult.
Unrelated but Tommy is the corniest character on TV. Fake Eminem.

It's weird doe, in the hood you do find white boys like that doe.

Tommy sounds like he's from fukkin Boston too.

Tommy's character has gotten a lot better but he does sound like he's from Boston.