Power Rangers short film is incredible

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Breh I can honestly say I never was a fan. Because I already had my favorite ranger I never felt the need to have another favorite. It was Jason or nothing. Never got the fascination with tommy and I still don't :whoknows:

Tommy was a G..... that's what it was.... :jawalrus: the outsider who was a badass who became a good guy then became the leader...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Tommy was a G..... that's what it was.... :jawalrus: the outsider who was a badass who became a good guy then became the leader...

Yeah still don't get it. The funny thing is, that movie points out my feelings on tommy and his leadership "created by Rita to destroy the Rangers then switched sides then lost his powers then gained them then lost them again only to be made leader? Yeah no good

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah still don't get it. The funny thing is, that movie points out my feelings on tommy and his leadership "created by Rita to destroy the Rangers then switched sides then lost his powers then gained them then lost them again only to be made leader? Yeah no good

That was just called bad writing. they needed to find away to make him the white ranger to correlate to the japanese footage they was using... :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I know but still. I'm good breh. :whoknows:

Z4ppG.gif

:lolbron:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I was a HUGE Jason/Red Ranger stan, then Tommy/Green Ranger was introduced. Dude had the sharp gold chestplate, a Dragonzord, and he kicked all the Rangers ass and even threw them out of the megazord :wow:. The Red Ranger was looking real :flabbynsick: to me after that. I had to throw him in the bushes. Like Andy ditching Woody for Buzz.
Gold ranger nikka :beli:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
They took source material and put their own spin on it. This is exactly what Power Rangers is.
Not exactly :ld:Regardless of what spin on it was, Sentai/Power Rangers at its core was a team fighting an enemy. This doesn't resemble the spirit of the show at all. The only thing Power Rangers about this is the names. It's just a dystopian SyFy short.

I'm kinda disappointed by this as it would have been dope to see a legit independent take on the franchise. Not this, which is a director making a tongue-in-cheek statement who admittedly knew nothing about the series at all. You could slap the name of any franchise on this and nothing would change (which again, is the directors point).

All in all, kinda pointless :manny:

The real studio movie that is in production is being written by the two that did X-Men: First Class and is going for a PG-13 rating. I'll be checking for that.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
watched this today, its fukking great i think whether you're a fan or not.

i'd love to dive in to the mythology a little more here and see what happened to adam/aisha and how the falling out with rocky really happened.

this left me clamoring for a lot more.

Not exactly :ld:Regardless of what spin on it was, Sentai/Power Rangers at its core was a team fighting an enemy. This doesn't resemble the spirit of the show at all. The only thing Power Rangers about this is the names. It's just a dystopian SyFy short.

I'm kinda disappointed by this as it would have been dope to see a legit independent take on the franchise. Not this, which is a director making a tongue-in-cheek statement who admittedly knew nothing about the series at all. You could slap the name of any franchise on this and nothing would change (which again, is the directors point).

All in all, kinda pointless :manny:

The real studio movie that is in production is being written by the two that did X-Men: First Class and is going for a PG-13 rating. I'll be checking for that.

you rather he use the 14 minutes to give us something we've seen already for 20 years?