Power Rangers: Once and Always Official Trailer

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
It’s the lack of seriousness they take with the gem they have in their hand. I attribute it to the new writers and weak budget. I watched power rangers religiously up until mystic force and then I fell off. I don’t like the look of this bc it reminds me of the Nickelodeon series which is overdone. This special had the blueprint on how to handle something of this magnitude. That blueprint is the Forever Red episode. It was the perfect blend of nostalgia and bringing the best that Power Rangers had to offer. This was on a 2002 budget from Fox Kids not Netflix.

I will watch out of respect for the OGs but I’ve seen the cheesiness and the way they cut corners in the power rangers series for the last few years. It’s concerning because the comics came out later and service the franchise better than the shows and instead of taking real pointers from the comics they continue down this road of mediocrity.
I’m all caught up on the comics, but the camp is part of the show truthfully. It’s still has to be geared towards kids too.

Cosmic Fury is the last season in this continuity, so they’re just trying to wrap it all up for the netflix reboot to start it from the beginning (I imagine they’ll start adapting some comic storylines, mainly the Drakkon stuff and the Omega Rangers), and it being netflix i think it will skew older than the current series.

Only thing I could do without is Trini having a daughter who is a ranger too now.

I stopped watching halfway through SPD (when it fell off) but you should watch RPM if you haven’t yet. It’s definitely the most grown series of the bunch, and I didn’t watch it til 2020 when I was a grown ass man but it’s my favorite.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What do you mean seriousness? Of celebrating the 30th anniversary or the Franchise in general?
When I say seriousness, I’m talking about the campiness. There is a clear drop in quality from before till now. In the past they could balance the camp with the cool even for a kids show. So the franchise as a whole has dropped in seriousness and style and it’s noticeable even in this trailer.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Wasn’t this the proposed plot to the reboot movie?

That a group had to protect the original Rangers from being killed before they became Rangers

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m all caught up on the comics, but the camp is part of the show truthfully. It’s still has to be geared towards kids too.

Cosmic Fury is the last season in this continuity, so they’re just trying to wrap it all up for the netflix reboot to start it from the beginning (I imagine they’ll start adapting some comic storylines, mainly the Drakkon stuff and the Omega Rangers), and it being netflix i think it will skew older than the current series.

Only thing I could do without is Trini having a daughter who is a ranger too now.

I stopped watching halfway through SPD (when it fell off) but you should watch RPM if you haven’t yet. It’s definitely the most grown series of the bunch, and I didn’t watch it til 2020 when I was a grown ass man but it’s my favorite.
I watched RpM as well based on hearing how good it was. I watched and agreed that it was a strong series. The strongest series to me despite some of the campiness has always been In Space, Time Force, RPM, and Spd. Even the series that didn’t have the best storylines didn’t dumb themselves down for the sake of appealing to kids. It’s a discussion for a different time but a lot of shows today think appealing to kids mean treating them like idiots and just bombarding them with fast paced elements and flashy colors which is the wrong approach.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I watched RpM as well based on hearing how good it was. I watched and agreed that it was a strong series. The strongest series to me despite some of the campiness has always been In Space, Time Force, RPM, and Spd. Even the series that didn’t have the best storylines didn’t dumb themselves down for the sake of appealing to kids. It’s a discussion for a different time but a lot of shows today think appealing to kids mean treating them like idiots and just bombarding them with fast paced elements and flashy colors which is the wrong approach.
I would consider those seasons especially the latter three as outliers since those casts were well rounded and have seen the most success outside of the show. That made a difference even in spite of the storylines themselves.

It’s not a coincidence that the shows that people considered as their favorites are also the ones with the best acting.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would consider those seasons especially the latter three as outliers since those casts were well rounded and have seen the most success outside of the show. That made a difference even in spite of the storylines themselves.

It’s not a coincidence that the shows that people considered as their favorites are also the ones with the best acting.
That’s true.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Some of my fave seasons especially tf and space

Ninja storm was pretty heavy on goofy until the last few episodes...Lothor's plan of purposely losing and filling a hell hole with the bad guys is pretty sadistic

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just saw this on YouTube. I'm in disbelief they're seriously doing this. The red ranger is unavailable, the green and yellow rangers are dead and that's not the original pink ranger. It's a cobbled together cast. They dug up the corpse of the OG rangers for this?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Just saw this on YouTube. I'm in disbelief they're seriously doing this. The red ranger is unavailable, the green and yellow rangers are dead and that's not the original pink ranger. It's a cobbled together cast. They dug up the corpse of the OG rangers for this?
In their defense, they haven’t had a full set of rangers come back the same time since the Ninja Storm/Dino Thunder crossover and that was everyone outside of Tommy lived in New Zealand the time. You’re just going to be hard pressed to get people to come back all at the same time for a variety of reasons with money being the main one in the case of actors who’ve had success outside of the show.

Granted it’s been done during Power Morphicon, but that doesn’t happen in NZ.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
In their defense, they haven’t had a full set of rangers come back the same time since the Ninja Storm/Dino Thunder crossover and that was everyone outside of Tommy lived in New Zealand the time. You’re just going to be hard pressed to get people to come back all at the same time for a variety of reasons with money being the main one in the case of actors who’ve had success outside of the show.

Granted it’s been done during Power Morphicon, but that doesn’t happen in NZ.
kinda sad when you think about it

team ups used to be something to look forward to...then SPD kinda killed it with he two they gave us

once a ranger was kinda cool though