Power Rangers: Once and Always Official Trailer

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Rita was a Japanese character dubbed by an American actress.
The original american actress is coming back to dub a robot version.
Not bad taste IMO when the Japanese actress was just a face.

They had Lord Zedd and Goldar resurrected with horrible voices in recent years.

Trini being killed only now and not 20 years ago serves to keep all those MMPR suit cameos.

I know what it serves as, esp with the 30 year anniversary.. just not sure it needed to be done and that it'd be better if it was the OG 4, but im sure they'll make it tasteful with what/who they have.

And fair enough with the Rita side note. Didn't know they had a different person do voice over for the actual actress on the show.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Austin St John (the real red ranger) still in jail? Or was he sentenced? And i guess Amy Jo Johnson was like *pass*?

Killing off Trini canonically.. not sure how to feel about that... but it'd tug more on the heart strings if it was the actual OG 5 (Jason, Zack, Kimberly, Billy) mourning their comrade instead of Rocky and.. i guess that's Kitty, as fill-ins for Jason and Kim.

Also, the actress that played Rita Repulsa also died a while back... so unless it's a swerve at the end where they somewhat pay tribute to her, it kinda feels in bad taste.

St. Johns case is still pending I think. They couldn't risk putting him in this only for him to be found guilty.

The money gotta be right for Amy Jo Johnson to show up. Last thing she did for the franchise was that cameo in the last movie.

I think they waited till now to kill Trini so they could introduce her daughter and do a passing of the torch.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
I know what it serves as, esp with the 30 year anniversary.. just not sure it needed to be done and that it'd be better if it was the OG 4, but im sure they'll make it tasteful with what/who they have.

And fair enough with the Rita side note. Didn't know they had a different person do voice over for the actual actress on the show.
Yeah, they later even got a new actress to play her body, but still dubbed her with the same voice actress

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
St. Johns case is still pending I think. They couldn't risk putting him in this only for him to be found guilty.

The money gotta be right for Amy Jo Johnson to show up. Last thing she did for the franchise was that cameo in the last movie.
Who does she think she is? don't all of these PR actors make a living by posing with their helmets at cons and Cameo.com videos?
Check a ranger actor's IG and it's either nonstop "living the glory days" and dressing with their ranger color PR obsession or completely not acknowledging it.
I think JDF started this. might be wrong.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Damn so Trini is canonically dead. :mjcry: She was implied to still be alive in Grid Connection.

Is a runtime for this confirmed yet? I'ma be mad AF if this shyt is only 24 minutes. :beli:

Richard Steven Horvitz's voice is shot to hell. Alpha 5 sound like he been chain smoking. :scust:
I remember seeing on Ranger Reddit that it’s a 55 minute run time, but a lot of content was cut.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What don’t you like about it? They never would have gotten the timing right for this with all the shyt that’s gone on.
It’s the lack of seriousness they take with the gem they have in their hand. I attribute it to the new writers and weak budget. I watched power rangers religiously up until mystic force and then I fell off. I don’t like the look of this bc it reminds me of the Nickelodeon series which is overdone. This special had the blueprint on how to handle something of this magnitude. That blueprint is the Forever Red episode. It was the perfect blend of nostalgia and bringing the best that Power Rangers had to offer. This was on a 2002 budget from Fox Kids not Netflix.

I will watch out of respect for the OGs but I’ve seen the cheesiness and the way they cut corners in the power rangers series for the last few years. It’s concerning because the comics came out later and service the franchise better than the shows and instead of taking real pointers from the comics they continue down this road of mediocrity.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It’s the lack of seriousness they take with the gem they have in their hand. I attribute it to the new writers and weak budget. I watched power rangers religiously up until mystic force and then I fell off. I don’t like the look of this bc it reminds me of the Nickelodeon series which is overdone. This special had the blueprint on how to handle something of this magnitude. That blueprint is the Forever Red episode. It was the perfect blend of nostalgia and bringing the best that Power Rangers had to offer. This was on a 2002 budget from Fox Kids not Netflix.

I will watch out of respect for the OGs but I’ve seen the cheesiness and the way they cut corners in the power rangers series for the last few years. It’s concerning because the comics came out later and service the franchise better than the shows and instead of taking real pointers from the comics they continue down this road of mediocrity.
The comics have more creative leeway and aren’t hamstrung by sentai footage or the fact that the show is now in NZ in the way that the show is.

It’s expensive getting those actors over there on top of their asking price some are higher than others.

Last edited:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

What do you mean seriousness? Of celebrating the 30th anniversary or the Franchise in general?

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Who does she think she is? don't all of these PR actors make a living by posing with their helmets at cons and Cameo.com videos?
Check a ranger actor's IG and it's either nonstop "living the glory days" and dressing with their ranger color PR obsession or completely not acknowledging it.
Lol...AJJ actually works tho. She's had reoccurring if not regular roles on random prime-time dramas.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

She was doing a lot of legit TV work for awhile and now she's a director.

Also that original cast got fukked over badly in terms of their contracts. They get no residuals or even compensation for the use of their likenesses.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
They brought back the Zack nikka? :leon: I might actually check this out

Tommy not in this at all or did JDF film some stuff before he passed?