Power Rangers Movie Thread

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Eddie was corny too until later seasons:pachaha:

I gave you examples of black male leaders in movies,and nikkas gettin the girl....now you talkin bout "Bu bu bu but Luda wasnt the lead"....so he gotta be the lead now too,or the portrayl doesnt exist and doesnt matter:stopitslime:?Luda got just about as much screentime as anybody not named Vin Disel from what I remember.
Eddie wasn't corny :what:

He was just a regular middle class black dude who grew up in that era. Just like Zack. And cmon the top billing actors in F@F7 were Vin, Paul, Michelle, then maybe Luda. I was originally referring too black male leads. And no I haven't seen Creed yet.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Going around talking about it doesn't mean he's actually doing something. I mean, how cold you rationalized this tweet??

Cm3ZStbUsAApcsj.jpg
d

That shyt cannot be rationalized no matter how you spin. It's undefinable.

I rationalize it simply: He doesn't hate police and he wants peace. he understands that there are good cops and bad cops and that true peace lies in reaching across the aisle and working with those you CAN work with to flush out the pieces of crap. He's not rationalizing their behavior. His job as a public servant and a leader in the community isn't to demonize and enflame but to find a place of harmony and solutions. Thats what you do. That's how you make true change.

MLK didn't just march with black people. He reached out to white priests, white preachers and pastors, and ordinary citizens who felt how he felt and wanted to be down for the cause.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eddie wasn't corny :what:

He was just a regular middle class black dude who grew up in that era. Just like Zack. And cmon the top billing actors in F@F7 were Vin, Paul, Michelle, then maybe Luda. I was originally referring too black male leads. And no I haven't seen Creed yet.

If you didnt think early Eddie was corny,and didnt think Zach was corny:patrice:?I dont know what the hell you saw in this teaser trailer that got younup in arms:childplease:...Eddie was not only dumb,but got his azz beat damn near to death by the Dragons:mjlol:

Then you talkin bout we need more strong black male leads,but you aint seen Creed that was advertised as as a strong black male lead?aint like it was sooo many....But we need more when you cant keep up with the few we do have:mjpls:

Just admit you felt like complaining well in advance,on some just in case shyt:pachaha:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I rationalize it simply: He doesn't hate police and he wants peace. he understands that there are good cops and bad cops and that true peace lies in reaching across the aisle and working with those you CAN work with to flush out the pieces of crap. He's not rationalizing their behavior. His job as a public servant and a leader in the community isn't to demonize and enflame but to find a place of harmony and solutions. Thats what you do. That's how you make true change.

MLK didn't just march with black people. He reached out to white priests, white preachers and pastors, and ordinary citizens who felt how he felt and wanted to be down for the cause.
Ehhh that tweet was very very bad. Straight up house negro thinking

And there's more and more data coming out that most cops are bad

But that tweet doesn't completely destroy his legacy

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
I'm shocked so many people care so much about this :pachaha:

Like people are taking the Power Rangers seriously in 2016:pachaha:

Bringing up alphas, betas, race:deadmanny:

I'll make sure I give this a deep thoughtful review after I watch on Kodi :smugdraper:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ehhh that tweet was very very bad. Straight up house negro thinking

And there's more and more data coming out that most cops are bad

But that tweet doesn't completely destroy his legacy

Yeah I don't see it that way. Shyt isn't black and white to me on the subject especially with regards to him. He has a right to not hate cops. Shyt I've got friends who have parents in law enforcement. I don't hate them. It's logical to realize not every cop is an a$$hole just like not every public sergeant is an a$$hole or not every psychiatrist is a pervert etc. He's a leader not some commenter on the internet who hasn't done even a third of what he's done for the country or black rights. It's his job to see nuance and broker peace because that's how you progress. You bring people together and realize we have differences and work through them. It's why the president says that there are issues with policing that we can all see plain as day but not all cops are bad. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. This isn't a world of absolutes. Shyt is a lot more complex than cats want to act like it is. He's not sticking up for cops as much as he's saying don't hate because that doesn't lead to anything productive. Don't see how that's an arguable point

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
I'm shocked so many people care so much about this :pachaha:

Like people are taking the Power Rangers seriously in 2016:pachaha:

Bringing up alphas, betas, race:deadmanny:

I'll make sure I give this a deep thoughtful review after I watch on Kodi :smugdraper:
:deadmanny: But seriously it can work. The fighting needs to be winter soldier tier

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I don't see it that way. Shyt isn't black and white to me on the subject especially with regards to him. He has a right to not hate cops. Shyt I've got friends who have parents in law enforcement. I don't hate them. It's logical to realize not every cop is an a$$hole just like not every public sergeant is an a$$hole or not every psychiatrist is a pervert etc. He's a leader not some commenter on the internet who hasn't done even a third of what he's done for the country or black rights. It's his job to see nuance and broker peace because that's how you progress. You bring people together and realize we have differences and work through them. It's why the president says that there are issues with policing that we can all see plain as day but not all cops are bad. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. This isn't a world of absolutes. Shyt is a lot more complex than cats want to act like it is. He's not sticking up for cops as much as he's saying don't hate because that doesn't lead to anything productive. Don't see how that's an arguable point
Breh he said that he thanked cops after they beat him:comeon:. That's just dumb.

Police treat us this way because white supremacists have infiltrated their ranks for over a century and created the current culture.

Do your friends in law enforcement call out and take a stand on the racist shyt their peers do and say? If they don't then they're part of the problem whether they're good people or not.

And it isn't our job to get cops to treat us better. The relationship between cops and black folk is 100% the fault of cops.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh he said that he thanked cops after they beat him:comeon:. That's just dumb.

Police treat us this way because white supremacists have infiltrated their ranks for over a century and created the current culture.

Do your friends in law enforcement call out and take a stand on the racist shyt their peers do and say? If they don't then they're part of the problem whether they're good people or not.

And it isn't our job to get cops to treat us better. The relationship between cops and black folk is 100% the fault of cops.

He didn't say he thanked them after they beat him tho. He's saying that even though he's been beaten by them he never hated officers and thanks them for his service. I didn't read it that he took a beating and then thanked them afterward. My interpretation is he's just making a correlation that even though he's been beaten to a pulp by cops he still thanks the good ones for their service.

And I didn't say nor did he say it's our job to make it better. What I'm saying is that in any situation where two sides are beefing they need to come together and break bread. It's why game and snoop did what they did in LA a few weeks ago. They specifically went to the LAPD to break bread and start their own outreach to express where they were coming from and people in their community were coming from. It wasn't to say "it's all on us so we need to fix it" but to express why they feel oppressed and what they want to see done to make shyt better. That's how you handle shyt.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
He didn't say he thanked them after they beat him tho. He's saying that even though he's been beaten by them he never hated officers and thanks them for his service. I didn't read it that he took a beating and then thanked them afterward. My interpretation is he's just making a correlation that even though he's been beaten to a pulp by cops he still thanks the good ones for their service.

And I didn't say nor did he say it's our job to make it better. What I'm saying is that in any situation where two sides are beefing they need to come together and break bread. It's why game and snoop did what they did in LA a few weeks ago. They specifically went to the LAPD to break bread and start their own outreach to express where they were coming from and people in their community were coming from. It wasn't to say "it's all on us so we need to fix it" but to express why they feel oppressed and what they want to see done to make shyt better. That's how you handle shyt.
Just disagree

He said what he said, and it was dumb. The "good cops" don't stand up against the bad ones so..............

You can break bread with them all you want it ain't going to stop it

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just disagree

He said what he said, and it was dumb. The "good cops" don't stand up against the bad ones so..............

You can break bread with them all you want it ain't going to stop it

Well I agree with what snoop and game did and other brothers like them are doing. Clearly the onus isn't on them to change because there's not shyt for them to change but they're taking it on them to start a dialogue and take action in a positive direction for cats like them. Game may get on some ignorant rap shyt at times but he's a smart dude and I respect the hell out of his social and political moves. The reason a group like black lives matter exists is to start that dialogue on their terms. Game and snoop just used their celebrity to do the same thing

And yeah we disagree on interpreting what he said because I never once read it the way you did and didn't see how it could be interpreted any other way but obviously I was wrong.