Power Rangers Movie Thread

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Well I agree with what snoop and game did and other brothers like them are doing. Clearly the onus isn't on them to change because there's not shyt for them to change but they're taking it on them to start a dialogue and take action in a positive direction for cats like them. Game may get on some ignorant rap shyt at times but he's a smart dude and I respect the hell out of his social and political moves. The reason a group like black lives matter exists is to start that dialogue on their terms. Game and snoop just used their celebrity to do the same thing

And yeah we disagree on interpreting what he said because I never once read it the way you did and didn't see how it could be interpreted any other way but obviously I was wrong.
:mjlol:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Y'all managed to turn a thread about a children's TV series into some race baiting BS :dead:

Never change Coli
926.gif
God Damn i never seen black people sooo scared to talk about race

:russ:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
God Damn i never seen black people sooo scared to talk about race

:russ:
There's no reason for a thread about the damn Power Rangers to turn into a discussion about police brutality and complex racial issues in America.

People want to talk about the movie, and you have to scroll through pages of non-related content just to do so. If you want to talk about race start a new thread. This type of thread derailing gets you banned on pretty much any legitimate message board.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
There's no reason for a thread about the damn Power Rangers to turn into a discussion about police brutality and complex racial issues in America.

People want to talk about the movie, and you have to scroll through pages of non-related content just to do so. If you want to talk about race start a new thread. This type of thread derailing gets you banned on pretty much any legitimate message board.
People were talking bout the goddamn movie, the new blue ranger and how he was portrayed. :stopitslime:

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
He didn't say he thanked them after they beat him tho. He's saying that even though he's been beaten by them he never hated officers and thanks them for his service. I didn't read it that he took a beating and then thanked them afterward. My interpretation is he's just making a correlation that even though he's been beaten to a pulp by cops he still thanks the good ones for their service.

That tweet he put out was straight forward, cut and dry.....there is no need for interpretation. He said he never hated THEM. He didn't say "I never hated the police" which could be interpret as the police in general. He said he never hated THEM meaning he never hated the ones who had beat him. That's why we are saying that tweet was fukked up. ANd shows his way of thinking. THat turn the other cheek mentality that has gotten so many black people killed. Which questions why couldn't he send a tweet that called out corrupt race soldiers instead of this bowing and scraping message he sent.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
If you didnt think early Eddie was corny,and didnt think Zach was corny:patrice:?I dont know what the hell you saw in this teaser trailer that got younup in arms:childplease:...Eddie was not only dumb,but got his azz beat damn near to death by the Dragons:mjlol:

Then you talkin bout we need more strong black male leads,but you aint seen Creed that was advertised as as a strong black male lead?aint like it was sooo many....But we need more when you cant keep up with the few we do have:mjpls:

Just admit you felt like complaining well in advance,on some just in case shyt:pachaha:

No, Eddie wasn't corny, you would rather have him portrayed as a thug like the Dragons who were about to beat him up?? :dahell:

He was just a regular middle-class black dude back in the day. Now if you said Waldo or that white dude he hung out with were corny, then you would have some weight in your arguments

As I said before, the teaser trailer got me worried because the black male will, once again, be portrayed as the cowardly, no p*ssy getting sambo, unlike the ORIGINAL portrayal as the cool regular HS kid. They WENT OUT THEIR WAY to portray him like this.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
People were talking bout the goddamn movie, the new blue ranger and how he was portrayed. :stopitslime:
People were complaining about his race. Hes portrayed the same.

Y'all are just dumb. If the black ranger stayed black y'all would complain too. Damned if I do damned if I dont pretty much with y'all

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Y'all are just dumb. If the black ranger stayed black y'all would complain too. Damned if I do damned if I dont pretty much with y'all
fukk up nikka :russ:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

It's not that the blue ranger was lame. It was the person being the blue ranger (billy) was lame

Nobody wanted to be billy. He couldn't fight and was always the one getting beat up and always needed to be rescued.

Billy could of been any color Ranger and nobody would of wanted to be him