Power Rangers Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
wait i thought they were casting all the OG power rangers (except thuy trang R.I.P) to reprise their roles?

I would like to see Iesha replace trini then bring tommy in as the green ranger in the second movie.

if your going to say well htey're flabbynsick besides tommy then use CGI when they morph.

Nah breh a lot of them are older cats now. They want people who can at least look like teenagers

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Collider seems to be the number 1 source for power rangers intel. Did not see this shyt coming though:

When it was announced that Lionsgate would be developing a new Power Rangers movie, everyone jumped to the conclusion that it would be a reboot of the original Mighty Morphin Power Ranger TV series. Not so fast! According to new intel, we have learned that director Dean Israelite‘s action picture won’t be focused on mining old property at all, but rather continuing the story told in the long-running television show. In fact, it’s looking like the movie will be wholly set after the events of the current TV iteration, Power Rangers Dino Charge. And since we’re hearing that Dino Charge characters factor into the movie’s opening, perhaps it will serve as a hand-off of the franchise to the new super-suited team.

We’ve also learned that Power Rangers is expected to shoot in Vancouver from January to April of next year, which is the earliest that fans will be able to get a glimpse of what the final film might just look like. Keep in mind that whatever set photos inevitably leak, we’ve learned that Power Rangers will mix location work with quite a bit of green screen, so the fully polished version is going to differ significantly from any amateur long-lens shots.

But enough of the boring stuff! We’ve also learned that the movie will open with a huge battle scene. This has been referenced at various places across the Web before, but we have some new details as to the villains involved and just what they’re fighting over. It seems that in Ashley Millerand Zack Stentz‘s script, Rita Repulsa and Lord Zedd will not be the main antagonists. As loyal fans of the series know (and this could be considered a spoiler here), both of those villains were among the evil forces purified by Zordon’s energy wave (or Z-wave) that spread peace throughout the universe. However, not all adversaries were neutralized. There’s even one major villain from the early days of the series who promised she would return, but never did, prompting people to assume that she was destroyed or turned good by the Z-wave.

Yes, I’m talking about Scorpina, of course! Sources tell us the ruthless and dangerous minion of Rita has returned to plague the Rangers once more. And it seems she’s brought an army, which she uses to battle the Power Rangers and their robot Megazords in the epic opening battle scene. From what we’re hearing, the Rangers (presumably the Dino Charge team at this point) are protecting the Morphin Grid, an energy field that provides power to every generation of Rangers. This energy grid not only lets the Rangers borrow its power to morph into their super versions, it gives them access to past, present, and future Ranger memories so that they can glimpse other Rangers and glean strategies from battles. The instruction manual on the Morphin Grid is probably pretty extensive, but certain glitches like not being able to sustain two of the same Rangers for long will give the Power Rangers writers plenty of plot options to work with.

Power Rangers Movie Villains, Opening Scene Details Revealed

I don't know what to think of this simply because I'm a tad confused by it lol so i need a smarter cat to break it down for me. I do like Scorpina as a villain though

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I was smiling from ear to ear reading this shyt till I saw they were changing up races..the fukcc! Leave that shyt how it was! Ain't nobody tripping of that shyt now.and people that are shouldn't have a say so! This is nikkas child hoods they fukkin wit breh :(

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was smiling from ear to ear reading this shyt till I saw they were changing up races..the fukcc! Leave that shyt how it was! Ain't nobody tripping of that shyt now.and people that are shouldn't have a say so! This is nikkas child hoods they fukkin wit breh :(
I either want to see the vets or they should completely start over that's my biggest issue.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Collider seems to be the number 1 source for power rangers intel. Did not see this shyt coming though:

I feel duped. They had me thinking they were going to reboot the Mighty Morphin season or even Zeo but a whole new team? :shaq2: