Power Rangers Movie Thread

The Black Sheep

Man at war with himself
Daps
Reppin
The Dry Land Under The Firmament
‘Power Rangers’: ‘Me and Earl and the Dying Girl’s’ R.J. Cyler to Play Blue Ranger

bdF6mFg.jpg
So the black one is gonna be a Crip?! They should have left him as the Black Ranger. :francis:

Black Panthers, Black Wall Street, Black Pride...Black Excellence :blessed:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A few more months he woulda shot the movie :jbhmm:

They coulda kept that cast til turbo :mjcry:
Haim Saban is one of the biggest peices of shyt from what I have heard never wants to pay people properly they dont even get royalties from reruns from what I have been told. He is worth over a billion dollars and was successful even before power ranges doing a similar model on cartoons. I remember karen ashley said in one of the power rangers panels he didnt even remember who she was years later that shows how terrible of a person he is.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Haim Saban is one of the biggest peices of shyt from what I have heard never wants to pay people properly they dont even get royalties from reruns from what I have been told. He is worth over a billion dollars and was successful even before power ranges doing a similar model on cartoons. I remember karen ashley said in one of the power rangers panels he didnt even remember who she was years later that shows how terrible of a person he is.

Word. And hearing the amount of hours they had to work on a 7 day schedule? Man pay me my money. Not mad at the three of them for wanting more, especially with a movie coming that next year.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Word. And hearing the amount of hours they had to work on a 7 day schedule? Man pay me my money. Not mad at the three of them for wanting more, especially with a movie coming that next year.
It truly frustrate me the way people treat take advantage and dont appreciate others sometimes. Its often times not even necessary. Everyone should have ate that was involved.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It truly frustrate me the way people treat take advantage and dont appreciate others sometimes. Its often times not even necessary. Everyone should have ate that was involved.

I agree. I mean, did they even get royalties for that shyt? Grant it, Haim took the smart gamble in believing that the franchise could go on without them and it did, but I know for me, the series lost some if its luster because as a kid, you get attached to stuff and not only did I love Zack and Trini, Jason was my favorite ranger so to see him go out like that and get demoted like that:russ: all because of money? Even as a kid that shyt hurt my heart :beli: Like I had no understanding of finance or anything but it was my first time of understanding how greed really works. In my 8 or 9 year old head, I'm thinking they should all be paid for what they're doing because they've given me hours upon hours of joy and then I read that the cast would say on set "You better be good or else you'll wind up Switzerland" :beli: come on people. I guess that's the difference between kids and adults because now, adults go to the bargain table together, starting with Friends and continuing to this day

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
With that in mind, I’m happy to bring you a host of exclusive details on the Power Rangers movie, which will now be titled Saban’s Power Rangers. Yes, the retitle comes as series co-creator and business magnate Haim Saban looks to attach his name to the picture when it debuts on January 13, 2017. Saban and his partner Shuki Levy have long been critical parts to the success of the Power Rangers franchise, and as we’ve learned, Saban appears to be just as involved as ever.

In fact, the second bit of our exclusive scoop involves Saban’s work on the script, which is currently being tweaked just as the cast is starting to come together. Israelite is also working on the script along with Saban, but it’s not clear at this time if screenwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz are still involved in the process. We’re also not sure if Levy has any hand in the changes, or if he’ll simply retain a story credit since he was a co-creator of the original series. What we do know, however, is that the character names have changed.

We had previously reported that the cast of the new Power Rangers movie would have the same names as the original television series. This appears to be just one of the changes being made to the script as we now have a new list of character names for the title heroes. They are as follows:

• Callum Oliver – The Red Ranger/Tyrannosaurus
  • Priya Patel – The Pink Ranger/Pterodactyl
  • Brian Olson – The Blue Ranger/Triceratops
  • Oscar Fernandez – The Black Ranger/Mastodon
  • Teyana Jones – The Yellow Ranger/Sabre-tooth Tiger
Obviously, these can change as well, but they seem to make sense with the current cast for the most part. A couple of interesting things here: First is that these names are not the same as the original cast of characters, which suggests that it will be an all-new team and not a reboot in any sense. The second is that each of the characters appears to be matched up with the Zords (ie animal-themed war machines) from the original series. So while the names may have been changed, it looks like the classic Zords will be dusted off for a new batch of heroes to take the reins.

We’re hearing that the original costumes will also make an appearance in the film, but we’re not quite sure when or where. It might be in the big opening scene in which a massive battle between the forces of good and evil is taking place. Or it might be in some sort of flashback in which the old heroes hand off the Morphin’ powers to the new. (How cool would it be to see the original cast come back in cameos to pass the baton?) That would certainly fit into the plot notes we’ve heard about so far.

A final exclusive detail we have for you today is the budget of the film, one which is reported to be in the $35 million range. If that sounds low to you, consider that the cast is composed of relative unknowns who don’t command the same salaries as well-established actors. Also keep in mind that the 2014 hit The Maze Runner had a similar budget, a large cast of young actors, and plenty of jaw-dropping effects; that film went on to net over $340 million worldwide.

While we’re certainly confident in the news provided above, remember that things are still being tweaked on the Power Rangers movie
, so some details here or there might change between now and early 2017.

Power Rangers Movie Title, Script, Characters Get Updated