Power Rangers Movie Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
racist ass Power Rangers...

why they had the Black dude playing the Black Ranger and gave that nikka a Gun
The Asian playing the Yellow
The Irish dude playing the Green Ranger, and when he joined The Power Rangers he became American so he became the White Ranger
Redneck playing the Red Ranger
:pachaha:
black ranger had swag at least doe plus im pretty sure he was secretly beating kimberly's guts up

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They cast the pink ranger

Coming off her recent turn in The Martian, actress Naomi Scott has been cast as the Pink Ranger in Lionsgate's upcoming Power Rangers movie.

The announcement came from the movie's new Instagram account (via the Power Rangers' Twitter account), marking the film's first official casting, and offering a glimpse at its new lightning bolt logo. Check it out:

Project Almanac director Dean Israelite will helm the Power Rangers movie for the studio, and described the script as "mature but still playful" to IGN back in June. Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (Thor, X-Men: First Class) co-wrote the screenplay.

In addition to The Martian, Scott also starred in the short-lived series Terra Nova, and will next be seen in the true-event drama film The 33.

Power Rangers hits theaters on January 13, 2017.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
just saw this,

havent seen the martian yet but heard the performance was good.

lets see who else they bring in. her casting has me optimistic as fukk.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just saw this,

havent seen the martian yet but heard the performance was good.

lets see who else they bring in. her casting has me optimistic as fukk.

Breh I saw the martian and I'm having a hard time remembering who she was :russ: seriously. I THINK she was Michael Pena's wife? Someone help me out

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I swear if they have the black ranger doing the dougie, ney ney, or another dance before he hit an enemy tho :ufdup:

What you know about that hip hop kido, breh

walter-jones-hip-hop-kido.gif

Last edited:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Breh I saw the martian and I'm having a hard time remembering who she was :russ: seriously. I THINK she was Michael Pena's wife? Someone help me out

rofl, well shyt i checked her wiki and at least shes not a total nobody.

i wonder how fast they'll finish up the casting.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

It's gotta be quick. I'm assuming they want to start production soon. Movie comes out january 17 so it's gotta start shooting at least early next year in order to give them time to do post production right and build in time for reshoots. And I'm assuming they're going to announce a stream of casting now that one domino has fallen

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I know who she is breh. The reason it didn't hit me initially is because there was no way Ridley Scott would do this shyt again but of course he did. There's a japanese character in the movie named Ryoko and she plays a pretty significant role even though she only has a few scenes and it is her. She did a good job but :beli:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Also some rumoured names from Gamma Squad. Think they're avoiding color coding the rangers to avoid controversy, expect Black Ranger to be Adam inside of Zack.

Gamma Squad said:
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are jump-kicking their way back into theaters, but we don’t, as of yet, know who’s going to be squeezing into the spandex to fight putties in the park. Well, while no names have been officially confirmed, Variety has been doing some snooping, and claims to know some of the names who have tried out for the movie.

According to Variety, KJ Apa (Shortland Street), Austin Butler (The Shannara Chronicles) and Mitchell Hope (The Descendants) have tried out to play the Red Ranger, Jason.

gammasquadpowerrangercasting2.jpg

Getty Image

Austin Butler, the most Tiger Beat-friendly option for the Red Ranger.

Meanwhile, Daniel Zovatto (It Follows), Ross Butler (Chasing Life) and Brian “Sene” Marc (White Girl) are in the running to play Black Ranger, Zack.

gammasquadpowerrangercasting3.jpg

Getty Image

Potential Black Ranger Daniel Zovatto. Thankfully, Zordon took a sensitivity class and is no longer color coding his Rangers by race.

As for the all-important Pink Ranger role, Naomi Scott (The Martian) and newcomer Stefanie Scott are said to be up for the role. I dunno, I’d say original Pink Ranger Amy Jo Johnson is still holding down the role pretty well.

No word yet on who might be playing the Blue and Yellow Rangers. Or Bulk and Skull. It’s very important that we know who plays Bulk and Skull. The Power Rangers movie will be directed by Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) with a script from the co-writers of X-Men: First Class. Morphin’ Time hits theaters January 2017.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Also some rumoured names from Gamma Squad. Think they're avoiding color coding the rangers to avoid controversy, expect Black Ranger to be Adam inside of Zack.

Gamma Squad said:
The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers are jump-kicking their way back into theaters, but we don’t, as of yet, know who’s going to be squeezing into the spandex to fight putties in the park. Well, while no names have been officially confirmed, Variety has been doing some snooping, and claims to know some of the names who have tried out for the movie.

According to Variety, KJ Apa (Shortland Street), Austin Butler (The Shannara Chronicles) and Mitchell Hope (The Descendants) have tried out to play the Red Ranger, Jason.

gammasquadpowerrangercasting2.jpg

Getty Image

Austin Butler, the most Tiger Beat-friendly option for the Red Ranger.

Meanwhile, Daniel Zovatto (It Follows), Ross Butler (Chasing Life) and Brian “Sene” Marc (White Girl) are in the running to play Black Ranger, Zack.

gammasquadpowerrangercasting3.jpg

Getty Image

Potential Black Ranger Daniel Zovatto. Thankfully, Zordon took a sensitivity class and is no longer color coding his Rangers by race.

As for the all-important Pink Ranger role, Naomi Scott (The Martian) and newcomer Stefanie Scott are said to be up for the role. I dunno, I’d say original Pink Ranger Amy Jo Johnson is still holding down the role pretty well.

No word yet on who might be playing the Blue and Yellow Rangers. Or Bulk and Skull. It’s very important that we know who plays Bulk and Skull. The Power Rangers movie will be directed by Dean Israelite (Project Almanac) with a script from the co-writers of X-Men: First Class. Morphin’ Time hits theaters January 2017.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wait i thought they were casting all the OG power rangers (except thuy trang R.I.P) to reprise their roles?

I would like to see Iesha replace trini then bring tommy in as the green ranger in the second movie.

if your going to say well htey're flabbynsick besides tommy then use CGI when they morph.