Power Rangers Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Chris Rock called this years ago

That shyt is real. I've got a bachelors and two masters. My boys were about as happy as a fat man doing yoga. :russ: They congratulated me and all that but rather than it being "son that's really dope" most of the responses were "Damn nicca how smart you trying to be? Why you gotta be the smartest brother walking the earth?":leostare:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
If I had to guess.. They'll show the 6th power coin at the end of the movie and have Rita or another villian dig it out... Leading to a Green Ranger vs power rangers sequel. That's even if the movie does well.. If this bombs, dont expect to see anothe rRanger movie.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
:mjlol:Breh you have to youtube the fukkery of the show... of all the Power Ranger knockoffs the Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters From Beberly Hills had the lowest budget :lolbron: each episode seemed like they only had $100 to spend on costumes and special effects its so bad its funny

I found the first episode. :russ:

Superstar
Daps
I don't think its interesting for real. Same with that whole Jason Todd is joker bs. That shyt isn't interesting to me just makes things complicated for complication sakes

But at least this would make sense, since her costume in the movie has similarities to the other rangers' and in the TV show she created the green ranger (her suit's gotta be green for a reason right). Also I think it would be a cooler backstory that serves the darker tones they're aiming at (it would also be cool if Zordon was the OG red ranger)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But at least this would make sense, since her costume in the movie has similarities to the other rangers' and in the TV show she created the green ranger (her suit's gotta be green for a reason right). Also I think it would be a cooler backstory that serves the darker tones they're aiming at (it would also be cool if Zordon was the OG red ranger)

What's wrong with the backstory that they've been doing this for centuries and these rangers are just the latest iteration of Zordon's kids?

Superstar
Daps
If I had to guess.. They'll show the 6th power coin at the end of the movie and have Rita or another villian dig it out... Leading to a Green Ranger vs power rangers sequel. That's even if the movie does well.. If this bombs, dont expect to see anothe rRanger movie.

There's definitely gonna be another 2 or 3 sequels... Lionsgate tryna make this the successor to Twilight/Divergent/Hunger Games

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
And for fukk's sake quit with this black character being a nerd outrage shyt. This is power rangers.. get that shyt outta here.. nobody cares about that. I grew up watching the power rangers.. Leave that race shyt outta this :camby:

Superstar
Daps
What's wrong with the backstory that they've been doing this for centuries and these rangers are just the latest iteration of Zordon's kids?

Nothing, I just think unlike other wacky internet theories like the Jason Todd one you mentioned, this one just makes sense and fits to me (green suit that looks like the other rangers, "I've killed other rangers before", Elizabeth Banks herself saying Rita's backstory has a connection with the Rangers, Rita creating the green ranger in the show, Power Rangers always being about old teams and generations) Granted I doubt its true but I like it

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nothing, I just think unlike other wacky internet theories like the Jason Todd one you mentioned, this one just makes sense and fits to me (green suit that looks like the other rangers, "I've killed other rangers before", Elizabeth Banks herself saying Rita's backstory has a connection with the Rangers, Rita creating the green ranger in the show, Power Rangers always being about old teams and generations)

I feel you breh. I just don't think its interesting. She and Zordon doing this thing for generations and the rangers being just another iteration -- which has always been the story -- just makes more sense to me. The suit would look similar because no doubt, the tech is probably the same because you're right, she created the green ranger coin so she has an insight into creating her own ranger and the tech they use. She doesn't need to be a former green ranger for that

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
And for fukk's sake quit with this black character being a nerd outrage shyt. This is power rangers.. get that shyt outta here.. nobody cares about that. I grew up watching the power rangers.. Leave that race shyt outta this :camby:

It's a show about morphing teenagers with teleporting watches who answer to a giant floating head in a jar whose biggest enemy is some woman who was trapped in a dumpster for 10,000 years. :mjlol: People are taking everything too seriously.