Power Rangers Movie Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
But the black man being the brains behind them is a nice fit...:blessed: Black kid has genius level intellect how is that not a win?

This the same type of delusional rhetoric Stat Wars fans used to defend Finn :mjlol:.

"Yeah but he's the heart/soul/brain/human/flawed of the group:whoa:" Nah He's the swagless, asexual, powerless scared joke of the group to everyone but the blind capers :scust:

Are Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Sherlock Holmes ("Brains") bumbling scared idiots?

"bu-bu-but it's a win tho" FOH :mjlol:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think what Marty is getting at is what's wrong with the black character being a nerd/geek and not tough?

You don't see anything wrong with the only major black Man in a non-black cast being weak and powerless? :dahell:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
where the fukk is tommy, the world NEEDS THE GREEN RANGER/WHITE RANGER aka THE GOAT.

green ranger is being saved for the sequel right

The sequel. Don't worry, I'm there with ya on wanting to see the Green Ranger and the Dragonzord right now, but I'm begrudgingly accepting the fact we'll probably have to wait until the sequel to see the GOAT.

dragonzord-call-o.gif

:sadcam:

EDIT - I wouldn't mind a tease or two though. :mjpls:

They know they gotta hit it out the park for the green ranger tho if this does decent you know the sequel gonna do way more cuz of green ranger what love triangle he gonna steal Jason girl anyways :win:

I think in the sequel they would bring in the og green to help him get his power or turn into a good guy to get more people in the seats put it in the teaser trailer

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Are Tony Stark, Bruce Wayne, Sherlock Holmes ("Brains") bumbling scared idiots?

You know what the difference between them and finn's character is that they are white alpha males played by white guys WRITTEN & Created by white men...

Did you ever for one second think damn maybe these dudes are biased cause they dont want the black guy to shine over the white hero of the story?!? :patrice:

It's always been an paradigm in media to showcase the black man to be flawed, oversexualized, crazy, criminalistic, a buffoon or a bumbling idiot. or a combination of these things. You havent noticed the backlash about luke cage's character and series from white people because he's not fitting in their box the WHITE writers usually had for him?

Anyone could have played Finn's character, he was written as a guy who lucked out and even if he was a bumbling idiot at times, he fought kylo ren with NO powers... :coffee: give him some props for that even. :comeon:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You know what the difference between them and finn's character is that they are white alpha males played by white guys WRITTEN & Created by white men...

Did you ever for one second think damn maybe these dudes are biased cause they dont want the black guy to shine over the white hero of the story?!? :patrice:

It's always been an paradigm in media to showcase the black man to be flawed, oversexualized, crazy, criminalistic, a buffoon or a bumbling idiot. or a combination of these things. You havent noticed the backlash about luke cage's character and series from white people because he's not fitting in their box the WHITE writers usually had for him?

Anyone could have played Finn's character, he was written as a guy who lucked out and even if he was a bumbling idiot at times, he fought kylo ren with NO powers... :coffee: give him some props for that even. :comeon:

The fukk are you rambling about? :dahell:

You called the character being "the brain" in conjunction with being a bumbling scared awkward idiot a damn "win".:scust:

A Black Man now can't be written as an Alpha along with being "The Brain" like the other characters I mentioned?

Give Finn props?:wtf:, for what getting carried off at the end like a damn bytch and getting no wins? :what:

FOH :mjlol: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEY":damn:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The fukk are you rambling about? :dahell:

You called the character being "the brain" in conjunction with being a bumbling scared awkward idiot a damn "win".:scust:

A Black Man now can't be written as an Alpha along with being "The Brain" like the other characters I mentioned?

Give Finn props?:wtf:, for what getting carried off at the end like a damn bytch and getting no wins? :what:

FOH :mjlol: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEY":damn:

so the black guy being the most smartest person on the rangers team not a win!?!? I mean do you want him to be dumb?! how would you want him portrayed?! :mindblown:
If you havent noticed by now the entire team is a group of SOCIAL OUTCASTS...

LIKE I SAID DO YOU REALLY THINK THE WHITE WRITERS IS GONNA LET THE BLACK CHARACTER OUTSHINE THE WHITE LEADER?!!? ANSWER THE QUESTION...

Without Finn the rebels wouldnt have won, Without Finn they Rey would have died... I'm done rehashing the character of Finn when clearly we have two different viewpoints as to how you wanted him to be portrayed and to what they limited him as. It's not his fault. Fault squarely lies on JJ with the portrayal and story of Finn... :yeshrug:
Like I said constantly here and the other thread. Anyone could have played the Finn character shyt Peter Quill plays a bumbling idiot in the guardians of the galaxy but he's the Captain... :comeon: you serious??!!?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You don't see anything wrong with the only major black Man in a non-black cast being weak and powerless? :dahell:

He's not weak and powerless though.

The cac headbutted him and knocked himself out trying because of Billy's enhanced durability. He can also leap across cliff gaps.

He's not weak and powerless. He's awkward and nerdy.

Superstar
Daps
They know they gotta hit it out the park for the green ranger tho if this does decent you know the sequel gonna do way more cuz of green ranger what love triangle he gonna steal Jason girl anyways :win:

I think in the sequel they would bring in the og green to help him get his power or turn into a good guy to get more people in the seats put it in the teaser trailer

There's speculation that Rita was a former Green Ranger who went rogue and killed the OG squad, hence her green suit