Power Rangers Movie Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That's my gripe with with it, just like my gripe with star wars making the lone black male some weak punk.

I notice this shyt in t.v and movies, nowadays hollywood tries really hard make the black male characters either soft, weak, gay or incompetent.

Having a really hard time finding strong black males on t.v, and people want to play it down like this shyt isn't happening (not you specifically)

Just fukking be honest about it, why are you protecting these hollywood writers who are clearly pulling this shyt? Again, not you specifically,but these undercover white posters and nikka nerds.

I agree with everything you wrote... That's why it was refreshing to see that luke cage series... :salute: but still baffled :patrice: where they kept criticizing the show being too black and to much black Propoganda. I think its the white writers man, directors and studio heads they make these choices and as long as theyre biases in them they gonna keep putting out caricatures of black characters instead of well rounded people... :yeshrug:

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I agree with everything you wrote... That's why it was refreshing to see that luke cage series... :salute: but still baffled :patrice: where they kept criticizing the show being too black and to much black Propoganda. I think its the white writers man, directors and studio heads they make these choices and as long as theyre biases in them they gonna keep putting out caricatures of black characters instead of well rounded people... :yeshrug:

Yeah man it's fukked up. The problem is black people hope whites in power will be fair and unbiased, but that's impossible.

Asians, Indians, Latinos, they all have their own cinema from their home countries. Asian cinema is huge, Bollywood is huge...they don't have to rely on Hollywood.

I just wish black people had the same shyt man, but we fall for this con game that we can fully integrate with whites then act shocked when shyt like this (and worse, for example being killed while unarmed) happens.:francis:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
While I don't question the subtle aspects of making the "black ranger" the "blue ranger", what exactly would your alternatives be?

Black Yellow Ranger like Aisha? She had zero personality but at least she looked good.I can hear the bedwench and/or stereotypical loudmouth chick complaints already, while upset there's no black male representation.
Black Black Ranger like Zack? c00n that's dancing and hasn't evolved and a sidekick train coming right up.
Black Red Ranger? The Jason being black backlash from fanboys would take away from shyt and really just piss me off to be honest. It'd be a good look but the bytching would just be annoying, outside of whatever the movie is like.
Black Blue Ranger? Like Billy in the original, made the communicators, the Rad-Bug, brain/rationale of the team who was really only a nerd for Bulk and Skull and had to be on some Clark Kent shyt to not rise suspicion. In retrospect, he was the most relied upon and stable. All that ruined because the real-life person was gay.
Black Green Ranger - I actually really like that idea. Wish they'd do it, the Jason being black argument withstanding. I agree it'd be nice to see an alpha presentation versus settling/rationalizing for brains. Although I'm sure someone will complain he had to be put under some spell and weak or some shyt. :russ:

Talking about it realistically, no shyt, no one as a child wanted to be Billy. It's Tommy, Jason or Zack, or bust - that's not lost on me. As an adult, having a black character potentially serve as the brains of the team is a better representation than having the record skip and scratch whenever he walks on the screen or throws a punch. He's not a leader like Leonardo or an alpha like Raphael, but I'll take a black Donatello in this climate and not feel any extra ways about it. Billy's the nerd, it shows Billy being a nerd in the trailer. Whether or not that persists for the entire movie is still open. I'm not saying there aren't insidious reasons behind it, but consider the alternatives. For all we know, he's the meek nerd to begin and becomes an alpha once he gets his powers. This trailer, in real time, literally covers what the show did in the first episode. There's plenty more to come of it.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Trailer is straight to me.. I have a feeling they won't be in the suits too much/not too many action scenes but I'm going to see day 1 nonetheless. I grew up watching power rangers.. Big part of my childhood and early teen years.. I'm supporting.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
While I don't question the subtle aspects of making the "black ranger" the "blue ranger", what exactly would your alternatives be?

Black Yellow Ranger like Aisha? She had zero personality but at least she looked good.I can hear the bedwench and/or stereotypical loudmouth chick complaints already, while upset there's no black male representation.
Black Black Ranger like Zack? c00n that's dancing and hasn't evolved and a sidekick train coming right up.
Black Red Ranger? The Jason being black backlash from fanboys would take away from shyt and really just piss me off to be honest. It'd be a good look but the bytching would just be annoying, outside of whatever the movie is like.
Black Blue Ranger? Like Billy in the original, made the communicators, the Rad-Bug, brain/rationale of the team who was really only a nerd for Bulk and Skull and had to be on some Clark Kent shyt to not rise suspicion. In retrospect, he was the most relied upon and stable. All that ruined because the real-life person was gay.
Black Green Ranger - I actually really like that idea. Wish they'd do it, the Jason being black argument withstanding. I agree it'd be nice to see an alpha presentation versus settling/rationalizing for brains. Although I'm sure someone will complain he had to be put under some spell and weak or some shyt. :russ:

Talking about it realistically, no shyt, no one as a child wanted to be Billy. It's Tommy, Jason or Zack, or bust - that's not lost on me. As an adult, having a black character potentially serve as the brains of the team is a better representation than having the record skip and scratch whenever he walks on the screen or throws a punch. He's not a leader like Leonardo or an alpha like Raphael, but I'll take a black Donatello in this climate and not feel any extra ways about it. Billy's the nerd, it shows Billy being a nerd in the trailer. Whether or not that persists for the entire movie is still open. I'm not saying there aren't insidious reasons behind it, but consider the alternatives. For all we know, he's the meek nerd to begin and becomes an alpha once he gets his powers. This trailer, in real time, literally covers what the show did in the first episode. There's plenty more to come of it.

How about just a normal acting black character?

Do you think they'll have the Asian kid as the black ranger shucking and jiving like that? Highly unlikely.

You're making excuses for it, but I don't like this trend. I bet you didn't see anything wrong with Finn either.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
This DOES NOT LOOK NOTHING LIKE DRAGONBALL.... :mjlol: Dont even put the two on the same damn page. Im interested in this even since watching the first trailer. Dragonball Evolution died in the fukking womb there was no SAVING that picture. :mjlol:

It won't be as bad but it's obviously not going to be faithful to its source material. We didn't even see Zordon or any Puddies.