:ufdup: the jason slander on this site needs to stop
tumblr_mzfjxgEYwS1r0j0yso10_r1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Man get the ENTIRE fukk outta here with this drivel.

Zack wasn't a c00n because he liked to dance. The brother was headstrong, determined, and had a BLACK girlfriend on the show. He wasn't tap dancing for Cacs. Billy had ZERO swag. Got ZERO girls. And was the meekest of the bunch. They had entire episodes dedicated to this dude being two steps away from pathetic and everyone had to help boost his confidence. fukk that. We already got that in Star Wars: The Finn Sleeps. If you compare the trailer to Finn's representation it's almost the EXACT same character except it looks like they threw this black Billy a pity win against one of the bullies (Finn got ZERO wins the entire movie). shyt is fukking ridiculous. Even they wanted to make him the "brains" of the group there are much better wars of doing it then turning this nikka into Steve fukking Urkel
:deadmanny:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
Don't know if I'm feeling the outcast part...

Only outcast was Billy, and even he started to loosen up a bit later in the series. shyt them nikkas was apart of all the fundraisers, school dances and shyt like that. Hell them Angel grove nikkas loved Zack, watching the mufukka dance in the park and shyt.

Part of the whole theme was them trying to keep their super hero alternate lives secret from everyone else. nikkas would notice if Kimberly would be missing and shyt all the damn time. Folks ain't necessarily gonna notice the EMO chick not there in class all week.

they dropped out of the sky pretty much wearing their power ranger alternate jerseys in front of the entire town and not a single citizen of angel grove was like :jbhmm::pachaha:

i really don't remember them ever worrying about their secret identities like that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
they dropped out of the sky pretty much wearing their power ranger alternate jerseys in front of the entire town and not a single citizen of angel grove was like :jbhmm::pachaha:

i really don't remember them ever worrying about their secret identities like that.

The fukkin color coordinated outfits always blew me lol

The Collie

YEET
Daps
The daughter from Terra Nova is the pink ranger. I don't like them having powers outside of the suits but I'm still hype.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Trailer leaked...looks like Chronicle...definitely meh but not terrible

Edit: didn't know you all had seen it already lol. well the vid is there for anyone who doesn't want to hunt

:russell:

Still can't believe they made the blsck guy the nerd, loser, no p*ssy getting, square, and scary-cat of the the goddamn group. fukk Saban and fukk this movie. :camby:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

It was more of a first season issue that they kind of dropped later on, but it was a plot point for a bit.

I remember later on there was an episode where tommy transformed right in the locker hall no fukks given:mjlol:. They threw that "secret identities" stuff in the bushes by season 3

Last edited:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

Nah the movie was on some other shyt, they didn't give a fukk at that point lol. But it became a running gag on how Tommy had to make up some dumb ass excuse to dip out of class and go meet up with the rangers when he was still in his Green Ranger phase.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Here's my only gripe with the "normal acting black character"...normal by whose standards?

To say that Zack or Billy or any black character needs to project a certain masculinity or attitude or behavior is to say that all of us are the same and all of us are alike. But we're all different. We grew up in different environments and like different things which is why I don't trip over this version of billy being the way he is from what I've seen. I don't believe that every black man is alike and we all have to walk the same path. I grew up around guys who were loud and obnoxious types, quiet shy types, nerdy types, jocks, weird, whatever. We don't all walk to the same drum and while a nerdy Billy may not appeal to someone, it's a good bet there's a kid out there who will gravitate to it and say there's someone on screen who truly reflects his reality.

I've got more in common with Peter Parker than Luke Cage and I'm completely cool with that. But I'm proud there's a guy like Cage. While I can identify with his skin color and his nobility, that's where it stops. I'm not the strongest guy walking, I'm not the biggest guy, I'm not from Georgia, I damn sure don't intimidate a damn person unless my mouth goes off:russ: And when I was in high school, especially freshman year, i wasn't always the most confident cat. I grew into it. So Peter Parker was someone I completely identified with because he didn't always have his shyt together. Someone like Luke or Panther would be who I'd aspire to be probably but Peter is more my reality:yeshrug:

In theory this makes sense, however in reality you know damn well what normal is. And why do they keep pushing this shyt onto black male characters? Why all of a sudden does this theory need to be brought up for the token black character, but it never does for white male characters? You know why? Because there are normal white character, they aren't always pidgeon holed into being effeminate, incompetent or a thug. They can be literally any type of character, and are always made to be the leader and the most intellectually competent.

So I see you tried to make excuses for it, but at the end of the day you know damn well what they're pulling.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Apparently he can't be the black ranger cuz its rasict
More like they cannot make the white boy the nerd. Gott upheld the white male image as the superstud who always get the p*ssy.

There was nothing racist about the black guy being the black ranger. I still can't believe my parents said the show was racist when I watched it like 25years ago.

No one will bat a eyelid if they cast the black man as the black ranger again. Where's all the keyboard casting warriors bytching about the race change?? They won't bytch because the black man will be the scary looser and the white man will be the superstud. Can't have a black man right next to the white man as the top LT, that's why they casted a Asian man as the number two.