POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Jeff Yass who co-founded the SPAC who's overseeing this 'acquisition' wants to be Treasury Secretary. He also has multi-billion dollar investments in TikTok (in the neighborhood of $30B) and a couple other companies which Trump has recently changed his stance on.
Trump out of options lol

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Jim Jordan Trolled Over Post About Jobs Created in Ohio​

Yesterday at nullToday at null

00:56
Jim Jordan Says Biden Took Classified Documents For 'Pride And Money'

By Thomas Kika

Weekend Staff Writer
FOLLOW

Representative Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, was the subject of trolling and mockery online after he touted job gains in his state attributable to a bill he voted against.

Jordan has represented Ohio's 4th District since 2007 and established himself as one of the most staunchly conservative members of the House GOP and a loyalist to former President Donald Trump. He has been assigned to numerous committees during his time in Congress and currently heads up the House Judiciary Committee where he has been heavily involved in efforts to launch an impeachment against President Joe Biden.

Despite his outspoken opposition to Biden and his agenda, Jordan on Friday was called out by the White House for a post to X, formerly Twitter, in which he hyped up recent job gains in Ohio, citing stories that included: "New manufacturing plant to create 160 local jobs," "Sheetz to hire over 400 new employees in Ohio," and "Honda and LG Energy begin hiring for new plant."

"Ultimately: Move your business to Ohio. Hire workers. See success," Jordan's post read.

jim jordan jobs tweet

Representative Jim Jordan, an Ohio Republican, is seen at a hearing on February 9, 2023, in Washington, D.C. Jordan’s recent post about jobs in Ohio became the subject of trolling over alleged hypocrisy.CHIP SOMODEVILLA/GETTY IMAGES

In response, the official account for the White House singled out the news about Honda and LG, attributing their investment in U.S. jobs to one of Biden's signature pieces of legislation, the Inflation Reduction Act, which Jordan voted against in 2022.

"Honda and LG are adding jobs here in America because of President Biden's Inflation Reduction Act – which Congressman Jim Jordan voted against," the account wrote.

Following this, other users on X also took Jordan to task over the discrepancy, including Democratic Representative Ted Lieu of California.

"I want to thank Republican Jim Jordan for highlighting manufacturing jobs being created," he wrote. "The laws passed by Democrats and signed by [President Biden] are working."

"Joe Biden's economy at work," businessman Rich Luchette wrote in his own X post.

"Wow! Congrats to President Biden for all the job creation!!!" X user @giraffea417 wrote in response to Jordan's post.

READ MORE

Responding to an inquiry from Newsweek on Saturday afternoon, Jordan's office called the assertion from the White House "laughable."

"People move their jobs to Ohio because of freedom and conservative values — certainly nothing Joe Biden has done," a spokesperson said.

Honda and LG Energy Solution are set to begin the hiring process soon for a battery plant in Ohio's Fayette County, which was announced in 2022 and began construction the following year. The plant is scheduled to be finished by the end of 2024, with estimates suggesting that it could end up creating around 2,200 jobs. The plant will focus on the creation of batteries for electric cars, with green energy production being a major goal of Biden's Inflation Reduction Act.

Update 03/23/24, 2:03 p.m. ET: This article was updated with a response from Jordan's office.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of "trolling"? I read that and see people calling out Gym on his bullshyt. Is that trolling?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Is it just me or does this rumored $4B valuation of a Truth Social IPO via a SPAC smell like one of the most blatant corruption and influence peddling operations done in a while? Whoever buys this if it happens at that valuation is either in it for pump and dump or do get on the White List for a potential Trump White House.

Its a clear Pump & Dump, blatant. From what I heard, Donald doesn't have to wait 6M to sell his stock, he can do it this week because of the board, but he wouldn't make the Monday cutoff.

That being said, since TikTok has merged with TS, I wonder what Donny would say if TikTok still got banned in the US.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Its a clear Pump & Dump, blatant. From what I heard, Donald doesn't have to wait 6M to sell his stock, he can do it this week because of the board, but he wouldn't make the Monday cutoff.

That being said, since TikTok has merged with TS, I wonder what Donny would say if TikTok still got banned in the US.

Where did you read/hear this? The 6 month cool-off, better known as SEC Regulation M, was created almost specifically to block this type of transaction.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359

You know everyone is going to laugh at us the next time we lecture a country about blatant election corruption. Just sayin