POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Eh, I wouldn't dismiss it. I listen to a weekly focus group podcast. These voters have said it many times over in the focus groups. In the podcast they play recordings of the voters. It really does provide great insight into how they think.

Voters only see the economy through inflation and wages. They don't care about the low unemployment rate and the job creation. This is why Biden has bad polling on the economy.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Eh, I wouldn't dismiss it. I listen to a weekly focus group podcast. These voters have said it many times over in the focus groups. In the podcast they play recordings of the voters. It really does provide great insight into how they think.

Voters only see the economy through inflation and wages. They don't care about the low unemployment rate and the job creation. This is why Biden has bad polling on the economy.

Sarah herself is a GOP strategist and its on the Bulwark network. Maybe I'm just jaded but I don't think her podcast is a 100% altruistic podcast.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Sarah herself is a GOP strategist and its on the Bulwark network. Maybe I'm just jaded but I don't think her podcast is a 100% altruistic podcast.
Nah its legit. Its a focus group that features Dem voters, GOP voters and Independents. Give it a listen when you can. You will see for yourself because you're hearing real people.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

So you ignore four news links and three different polls from the Associated Press, NBC News, and Bloomberg News/Morning Consult in order to focus on one line about a facebook group. Very intellectually honest of you.

How do you think that ignoring reality will help the Dems?

This sub has jumped the shark. If I post raw data, I get mocked for "not talking to real people". If I post what real people say, I get mocked for not posting data. If I post what real people say AND data, I get mocked for whichever one the other poster feels like dismissing at the moment.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So you ignore four news links and three different polls from the Associated Press, NBC News, and Bloomberg News/Morning Consult in order to focus on one line about a facebook group. Very intellectually honest of you.

How do you think that ignoring reality will help the Dems?

This sub has jumped the shark. If I post raw data, I get mocked for "not talking to real people". If I post what real people say, I get mocked for not posting data. If I post what real people say AND data, I get mocked for whichever one the other poster feels like dismissing at the moment.
Hey anytime I talk about a republican who is a legit threat to Biden’s election outlook people attack me for it :hubie:

Now you see what I’m talking about :francis:

People have a recency bias and aren’t able to actually assess factors outside of the initial context. I forget I’m arguing with functional idiots on here about many topics. Like people who take orders but rarely dictate policy or create decisions for others. They can’t imagine biden losing…why? because biden won.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet Democrats still were dominating AFTER the Civil Rights Act passed. That was the biggest fukk you to the white grivance voters possible, back when the parents and grandparents of today's voters were even more racist, and the Dems still were dominating the legislatures.

Those are hilarious examples because West Virginia has a Democrat Senator and Kentucky has a Democrat Govenor right now. Kentucky voted for their Democrat governor in 2018 (after voting for a Democrat AG in 2012 and 2016) and West Virginia voted for a Democratic senator in 2010, 2012, and 2018....all six of those elections came after Obama's election and one of those was with Obama right there on the damn ticket. You just proved yourself that the opening for a Democrat to get elected is far wider than you give credit for.

So it's simply wrong to claim that Democrats can't win in those states. And we don't have to just talk about the "whitest poorest states". The issue is also why Democrats are underperforming in North Carolina, and Louisiana, and Missouri, and Wisconsin, and Ohio. Those are a huge mix of states (and there are others like them) where Democrats should be either more competitive or more dominant than they are, but they're struggling like hell right now because they have been shedding voters like crazy all across the spectrum.

Demographically, the Democrats should be kicking ass. The country has been getting less white, the country has been getting more educated, the Baby Boomers have been dying off. Every demographic shift has been to their advantage. So why aren't they showing steadily improving gains?

This did mark begining of when these voters shifted from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party. Ironically, they had been staunch supporters of the Democratic Party for nearly a century as a result of the Civil War and the abolition of slavery. They now strongly identify with the Republican Party, largely due to the passage of the Civil Rights Act, with exceptions for Dinos like Manchin. White grievance plays a significant role in explaining why conservative whites vote the way they do.

I don't buy the economic anxiety explanation/excuse. It's time we started calling these people out for the deplorables that they are.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
This is straight delusion status. Do you know any voters at all? I'm on a facebook group in one of the communities we work in, and all they talk about is how shytty the economy is. Doesn't matter whether it is true or not, it is DEFINITELY what voters think.

The Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll, published on Thursday, showed 49 percent of likely voters in seven swing states trusted Trump over Biden — who earned 35 percent — on the economy.

Those numbers are even starker for Biden when zeroing in on the independent voters, who could be the determining factor in the 2024 presidential election. About 47 percent said they trusted Trump more, and 25 percent said they trusted Biden more.

The respondents — from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — selected the economy as the most important issue heading into the next presidential election. Eighty-three percent said the issue was “very important,” and 13 percent said it was “somewhat important.”

Biden is down double-digits to Trump on the economy, which voters consider by far the most important issue. Those are terrible numbers for him.

More data:

I do think the narrative that “oh my god the economy is terrible” is catching on…and we all acknowledge that it’s actually doing fine, has outperformed pretty much all expectations and is doing better than the rest of the world post-covid…right wing media was all but outright cheerleading on a recession, and here we all with 5% growth last quarter and gas prices dropping

So we’re basically just in a spot where reality doesn’t matter, and the election will be lost because people are idiots and easily swayed by targeted social media messaging like Sexyy Red wishing Trump was in office because he gave us stimmy checks :mjcry:?

People say “well Dems just suck at messaging”…but what even really be done if facts just flat out don’t matter…They tried boasting about the economy with the Bidenomics shyt but that just brings a bigger spotlight on what is already a huge weakness perception wise, damn what the data says….

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
This did mark begining of when these voters shifted from the Democratic Party to the Republican Party. Ironically, they had been staunch supporters of the Democratic Party for nearly a century as a result of the Civil War and the abolition of slavery. They now strongly identify with the Republican Party, largely due to the passage of the Civil Rights Act, with exceptions for Dinos like Manchin. White grievance plays a significant role in explaining why conservative whites vote the way they do.

I don't buy the economic anxiety explanation/excuse. It's time we started calling these people out for the deplorables that they are.

In the real world, it's not "All conservatives have racial grievance" or "All conservatives have economic anxiety". Especially when we're talking about the people who switch back and forth. There are multiple factors behind their votes, different for different voters. If you ignore how race impacts people to vote Republican you're being ignorant, and if you think every person who switched to Republican is a racist and can't ever switch back, you're also being ignorant.

It's a bit hilarious that I'm the one who was just called a "defeatist" yesterday, and yet there are multiple people here who literally believe that no Republican voter in a Republican state can ever switch back to the Democratic party, even though Democrats have kept winning statewide election in many of those states.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Hey anytime I talk about a republican who is a legit threat to Biden’s election outlook people attack me for it :hubie:

Now you see what I’m talking about :francis:

People have a recency bias and aren’t able to actually assess factors outside of the initial context. I forget I’m arguing with functional idiots on here about many topics. Like people who take orders but rarely dictate policy or create decisions for others. They can’t imagine biden losing…why? because biden won.

I can think of a ton of examples just from yesterday's posting.

* Biden won last time, therefore Biden will win this time
* Red states vote Republican right now, therefore they will always vote Republican
* Electric cars have small market share right now, therefore they will always have small market share
* Electric cars are somewhat more expensive than internal combustion engines right now, therefore they will always be expensive
* My NBA team won or lost its first 2 games, therefore this season is already super promising / a total failure

You can see even when they try to use other justifications for their position, they don't really care about those justifications and will drop them in a second if they don't work. The one, central comparison is all that's guiding their conclusion, and every bit of nuance or alternate precedents you try to add to give context to the issue is immediately dismissed as mere noise.

Last edited:

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
I do think the narrative that “oh my god the economy is terrible” is catching on…and we all acknowledge that it’s actually doing fine, has outperformed pretty much all expectations and is doing better than the rest of the world post-covid…right wing media was all but outright cheerleading on a recession, and here we all with 5% growth last quarter and gas prices dropping

So we’re basically just in a spot where reality doesn’t matter, and the election will be lost because people are idiots and easily swayed by targeted social media messaging like Sexyy Red wishing Trump was in office because he gave us stimmy checks :mjcry:?

People say “well Dems just suck at messaging”…but what even really be done if facts just flat out don’t matter…They tried boasting about the economy with the Bidenomics shyt but that just brings a bigger spotlight on what is already a huge weakness perception wise, damn what the data says….
Bidenomics is a flop. The approach they should have taken the entire time is having press conferences to acknowledge people's inflation pain, talk about inflation decreasing and actions they are taking to address it. It would have painted Biden in a better light among voters because the perception has been that Biden has been ignoring it. You'll get credit if voters feel you are addressing problems.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Bidenomics is a flop. The approach they should have taken the entire time is having press conferences to acknowledge people's inflation pain, talk about inflation decreasing and actions they are taking to address it. It would have painted Biden in a better light among voters because the perception has been that Biden has been ignoring it. You'll get credit if voters feel you are addressing problems.
You definitely don't talk at length about something you have minimal control over, in this case inflation. You just look like you're making promises that you can't keep.

The administration only has the ability to chip away at inflation, they don't have a direct means to manipulate it. The problem has always been and will always be that people don't understand that the state of the "economy" is broad and does not affect the average person directly or immediately outside of unemployment. People feel the way they do about the economy purely based on anecdotal evidence of others parroting what they hear and consciously/unconsciously missing the extra income the stimulus provided.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You definitely don't talk at length about something you have minimal control over, in this case inflation. You just look like you're making promises that you can't keep.

The administration only has the ability to chip away at inflation, they don't have a direct means to manipulate it. The problem has always been and will always be that people don't understand that the state of the "economy" is broad and does not affect the average person directly or immediately outside of unemployment. People feel the way they do about the economy purely based on anecdotal evidence of others parroting what they hear and consciously/unconsciously missing the extra income the stimulus provided.
This.

But this thread and site will still get overran by gaslighting and shyt posting and somehow someway Dems and Liberals are devils and talking points that seem to originated with the right wing, but "both sides"