POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Voters always care more about the economy far more than any other issue and Dems are losing bad there.

Even with all of the headwinds Biden is still ahead in the state polls (the ones that actually matter).

Is there any level that Biden could degrade to, either in favorability or in pure function, that would possibly change your mind? He's 80 fukking years old, will be nearly 82 by Election Day and hits 86 before his second term is over. If they know behind the scenes that he's showing actual signs of early-onset dementia or even just clearly fading mental skills, are you willing to replace him then? Are you willing to have another Feinstein situation halfway through the campaign?

Is that happening? Of course he's old as fukk but you act like he's incapable of understanding what's going on etc. He's more on top of the issues and what the job requires than trump. That's not even a close call.

If what you're suggesting was actually taking place the party would make him stand aside.

Dems underperformed in two consecutive presidential elections in 2016 and 2020, then slightly overperformed in 2022. That's not giving me a bunch of confidence.

Lmao you're either joking or not paying attention. Dems winning all kinds of special elections, flipping seats in counties trump won, defeating GOP led ballot issues, flipping state legislatures/state supreme Court seats etc.

After ppl predicting a "red wave", the only reason Dems didn't keep the House was bc a court threw out the Dem led voting redistricting plan and let a Republican judge draw up a new map. And they kept the senate even though everyone was predicting GOP takeover.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Honestly I would respect that more than the shytty analysis.
No matter how anyone feels in the moment about Israel Palestine, it’s hard for me to argue against the idea that Biden has surprised damn near everyone with how well he’s governed.

He ain’t perfect, but damn.

Daps
That sad pic of Pence trying to talk to about 12 bored people encapsulates his late career well. People be looking at him like he is some itinerant preacher who steps up on his soapbox in line at a small town pharmacy

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That sad pic of Pence trying to talk to about 12 bored people encapsulates his late career well. People be looking at him like he is some itinerant preacher who steps up on his soapbox in line at a small town pharmacy

That's what happens when you claim to be a God fearing man, but sell your soul and dignity to the worst human on the planet.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No matter how anyone feels in the moment about Israel Palestine, it’s hard for me to argue against the idea that Biden has surprised damn near everyone with how well he’s governed.

He ain’t perfect, but damn.

It's easy for me to argue against that idea, considering how far his poll numbers have plummeted since he took office.

This isn't about what I believe, or what you believe. You can make a great argument that he's outperformed our expectations. But if "damn near everyone" was impressed with how well he's governed, then his approval rating wouldn't have fallen from 50-55% during his presidency's first year to just 35-40% now.

Even with all of the headwinds Biden is still ahead in the state polls (the ones that actually matter).

This is objectively false.

Arizona: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/arizona/

Georgia: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/georgia/

Michigan: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/michigan/

Pennsylvania: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/pennsylvania/

Wisconsin: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/wisconsin/

He's behind or tied in the majority of polls in all of those states. And that's especially worrisome considering that he underperformed his poll numbers in most of those states the last time around, especially Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

Is that happening? Of course he's old as fukk but you act like he's incapable of understanding what's going on etc. He's more on top of the issues and what the job requires than trump. That's not even a close call.

Whether I think he's more competent than Trump is irrelevant. I think he's definitely less competent than the other Democratic options. Not his fault - that would be true for almost anyone in their 80s, and he's not bucking the trend.

And, sadly, for a variety of reasons some less justified than others, he projects as less mentally competent than Trump to half or more of the population.

If what you're suggesting was actually taking place the party would make him stand aside.

Based on what precedent lol? Just like they made Feinstein stand aside?

Lmao you're either joking or not paying attention. Dems winning all kinds of special elections, flipping seats in counties trump won, defeating GOP led ballot issues, flipping state legislatures/state supreme Court seats etc.

All this flipping and yet they're a House minority, have just 48 Senators (plus the three independents), and control just 20 state legislatures. And are almost certain to lose that Senate lead in 2024.

If you get your news in an echo chamber, then you hype all the victories and ignore the defeats, and it gives you this wonderful perception of what is going on. But the truth is that the Democrats are waaay behind where they were 15 years ago and nobody in the party seems like they seriously want to address that.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
The combination of stupidity and ego is fukking astonding. I've met bosses who were both dumb and arrogant, but I've never seen one who was that dumb and that arrogant in the same package.

Imagine thinking you are the first person in 250 years to figure out that "U.S." spells "US", and then claiming it's some genius discovery. :laff:
It's his explanation that kills me. He really thought he ate with that shyt. I've had dumbass managers and supervisors, but I cannot imagine working with this dude and not bursting out laughing during a meeting.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

:wow:

Was Bill Barr unaware of Trumps limited verbal skills when he became the AG for the purpose of sabotaging the Mueller investigation? He is a huge piece of shyt and was instrumental in turning the DOJ in to an extension of the Trump White House's corruption.

I hope no one ever forgets that regardless of how long his redemption tour lasts.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
oBut the truth is that the Democrats are waaay behind where they were 15 years ago and nobody in the party seems like they seriously want to address that.

By what metrics or standards are Dems way behind where they were 15 years ago?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
By what metrics or standards are Dems way behind where they were 15 years ago?

15 years ago the Dems had an 80-seat majority in the House, a 15-20 seat majority in the Senate, and controlled nearly 2/3 of state legislatures.

Going back further, from 1935 until 1995, the Democrats controlled both legislatures nearly continuously. For 60 fukking years. And I've never heard Democratic dikkriders blame anything other than the voters for the fact that Dems haven't been able to hold onto the House for even one single legislative session with a Dem as president since Jimmy Carter left the White House in 1980.

It's funny, the full-throated Democratic acceptance of neoliberalism pretty much started in the 1980s too. It's almost as if throwing all their chips in on neoliberalism has cost the Democrats a significant portion of their voting support or something.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
15 years ago the Dems had an 80-seat majority in the House, a 15-20 seat majority in the Senate, and controlled nearly 2/3 of state legislatures.

Going back further, from 1935 until 1995, the Democrats controlled both legislatures nearly continuously. For 60 fukking years. And I've never heard Democratic dikkriders blame anything other than the voters for the fact that Dems haven't been able to hold onto the House for even one single legislative session with a Dem as president since the Carter Administration.

But you are disregarding the extreme Republican gerrymandering after the 2010 midterms as well as the fact that the country is way more polarized than it was back then. How many competitive districts exist in the country now vs. the eras you are talking about? How many straight-line voters (same party for every single option) existed back then compared to now?

You are using a model of a political context that doesn't exist anymore to make this comparison.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
But you are disregarding the extreme Republican gerrymandering after the 2010 midterms as well as the fact that the country is way more polarized than it was back then. How many competitive districts exist in the country now vs. the eras you are talking about? How many straight-line voters (same party for every single option) existed back then compared to now?

You are using a model of a political context that doesn't exist anymore to make this comparison.

First off, gerrymandering doesn't impact whole state races, and the Democrats have had the same pullback in the Senate that they've had in the House.

Second, Dems have shown serious downward trends in popular vote too, which isn't impacted by gerrymandering.

600px-Popular_vote_vs_actual_seats_gained.png

In fact, even though the Dem establishment wants to blame the 2022 House loss on gerrymandering, they actually won just 47% of the popular vote for House in 2022. So their seats won actually outperformed their popular vote.

Third, gerrymandering and partisanship doesn't address the fact that Democrats have lost huge ground in significant demographics (farmers, small businessmen, union workers) due to their own decisions AND have bred apathy and poor voting rates in most of their base (Black voters, Brown voters, young voters, progressives) due to many of those same decisions. Since the 1980s they've been kissing Wall Street and corporate ass on economic issues, the whole country can see it, and remaining woke on social issues isn't enough to overcome what's happened to people's pocketbooks. Not that remaining woke on social issues isn't important, but the average voter wants more than lip service to the issues they can about, they want to see their situation materially change too. And establishment dems are afraid to do anything that might disturb their multinational corporate and Wall Street backers.