POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
obama was a generational talent, and probably the best politician we'll see in our lifetimes

the bottom line here is that you're wrong :yeshrug: there is no scenario where whitmer leapfrogs newsom in '24. its biden or newsom. check with pelosi :mjlol:

in the '28 primary, have at it. shyt, i might vote for her too :ehh:

This all moot. We are a year out from the 2024 election, Biden is the candidate. He is not going to step down nor should he.

Why should he step down? It’s not like Newsom or Whitmer are going to deviate from his policies by all that much. Policy wise, it’s a wash. So you are left with the age argument which I’m not buying. Is age going to translate to more meaningful votes for Dems if they go with Newsome or Whitmer? I seriously doubt it.

Let’s compare 2012 Obama to 2020 Biden. (2008 was a once in a lifetime election)

Biden 306 Trump 232 in electoral college.

Biden 81 million votes Trump 74

Obama 332 Romney 206

Obama 66 million votes Romney 61 million votes

Biden got more votes than Obama relative to the size of the population. He got less Electoral college votes because Ohio and Florida went from purple to red. I don’t see those states turning blue anytime soon regardless of who is the candidate. Then There is the problem of name recognition. Normies don’t know Newsom or Whitmer. Hell I follow this shyt, and I couldn’t pick out Whitmer from a line up of Middle Ages white women. Plus you need a competitive primary to build name recognition which won’t happen this year for either.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every election is going to be close from now on. I know it’s popular on here to think Biden has no shot against a multi indicted racist elderly obviously demented con man, but let’s try to keep calm here. Biden barely won in 2020 and trump barely won in 2016 and the winner of 2024 is barely going to win.

I don’t see a scenario where you have a large Trump voters who will switch to Dem because the candidate is younger.

@the cac mamba You made the same ageists argument in the GOP primary. Somehow Meatball was going to take MAGA from Trump because of his age. You were woefully wrong, Yet here you are again making the same argument.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC

Mother:

giphy.gif

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Silky Johnson, you negged me and called this defeatist, but I'm not being defeatist, I want to win. Which will best be done with a candidate other than Joe Biden in 2024. I'm not just talking about how he underperformed and nearly lost in 2020, but also how he was trash all three presidential races he's done, and how he has some of the worst approval ratings right now that we've ever seen for a Dem. He's an objectively poor presidential candidate who is terrible on the campaign trail, can't run on his record, and is way, way too fukking old. Dems need an exit strategy right now, but they're so fukking committed to the establishment that they refuse to acknowledge it.

Dumping the current president would lead to infighting etc that would divert attention from the issues (where Dems still retain an advantage).

americans just want to move past the trump/covid/biden era. we hate trump, but shyt is too expensive and biden is too fukkin old. dems replacing biden and running on "the next generation, moving forward" would be a massive momentum shift to the left. trump refusing to step down as the 80 year old would be met with disgust. nobody wants this biden/trump rematch

imagine that. we replace biden with newsom, and immediately get to start shytting on trump for being too old :dead:

LMAO. You must want the Dems to lose. Newsom is a non starter creh. I'm surprised you of all people think he has a chance when you talk nonstop about how Dems need to chill out being "militant" on issues like immigration, trans and crime etc. You really think the Dems having to defend the craziest shyt that happens in San Francisco etc all summer is the key to victory?

Newsom talks a great game, but he's still from California and has a ton of baggage both from the state's image and all his personal dirt. Republicans would run on California homelessness, taxes, cost of living, etc. 24/7 - whether it's true or not, heartland and southern voters would believe it. Plus the Dems need to find a smoother way to move on from Kamala, which nominating a woman at the front of the ticket will take care of.

Not that Newsom couldn't win, but I don't think he's the ideal option. Potentially could be the VP.

Big Gretch is where it's at. :banderas:

Maybe in 2028. Dems are not throwing the current president off the ticket. Full stop.

The other thing is that contrary to all of the hand wringing, the Dems have consistently beat expectations in national elections since 2020.

Yes people are angry, frustrated and Biden numbers are low etc. But these numbers are a reflection of their sentiment, NOT any kind of endorsement of the GOP.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dumping the current president would lead to infighting etc that would divert attention from the issues (where Dems still retain an advantage).

Voters always care more about the economy far more than any other issue and Dems are losing bad there.

Maybe in 2028. Dems are not throwing the current president off the ticket. Full stop.

Is there any level that Biden could degrade to, either in favorability or in pure function, that would possibly change your mind? He's 80 fukking years old, will be nearly 82 by Election Day and hits 86 before his second term is over. If they know behind the scenes that he's showing actual signs of early-onset dementia or even just clearly fading mental skills, are you willing to replace him then? Are you willing to have another Feinstein situation halfway through the campaign?

The other thing is that contrary to all of the hand wringing, the Dems have consistently beat expectations in national elections since 2020.

Dems underperformed in two consecutive presidential elections in 2016 and 2020, then slightly overperformed in 2022. That's not giving me a bunch of confidence.