POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always wonder about the term independent and dislike the lack of nuance to it. I know plenty of people what have voted straight ticket republican for 20+ years that are registered independents. Those kinds of people make it really hard to figure out an effective strategy,
it's not that hard. knock off the militant fakkitry, tell illegal immigrants to turn around, stop acting ashamed of america, and pretend to care about gas prices. these are not radical changes that the dems have to make :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yeah, because of shyt like that, it's more useful if you're comparing to past or to other candidates in your own party that if you're comparing to the other party. The most important part of what I posted is that Biden has been shedding independent voters and is at the lowest approval rating of his presidency with them, while Trump continues to float pretty steady. That suggests Biden could be in serious trouble against a Republican in 2024 because he needs either massive party enthusiasm or a strong independent push if he's going to win, and he's not getting either right now.

I don't think Biden-boosters fairly take into account that Biden had five massive things going for him in 2020, in order of importance:

1. Very loose mail-in voting rules allowed much higher Democratic turnout than usual
2. All problems/uncertainty about the economy were on Trump's head
3. All problems with Covid were on Trump's head
4. Covid restrictions meant that Biden didn't have to campaign, which he objectively sucks at
5. American feelings about BLM were leaning positive still and helped Democrats

Even with all that shyt going for him, he BARELY won in 2020. 11,000 votes in Arizona, 12,000 votes in Georgia, and 20,000 votes in Wisconsin were all that stood between Biden and defeat. And now he's going to go to battle with a bad economy, covid forgotten, most Americans turned against BLM and angry about crime, Americans tired of war, and no helpful mail-in ballot rules...and he actually has to get out there and campaign where he'll stumble through speeches with small crowds and get lost moving around the stage, if he doesn't trip and fall down altogether?

Biden supporters can't bank on him doing jack shyt in 2024. All you see is them hoping that the opposition's fukk-ups (abortion, criminal cases, poor leadership, unlikeability) are enough to make up for Biden's own shortcomings.

@Silky Johnson, you negged me and called this defeatist, but I'm not being defeatist, I want to win. Which will best be done with a candidate other than Joe Biden in 2024. I'm not just talking about how he underperformed and nearly lost in 2020, but also how he was trash all three presidential races he's done, and how he has some of the worst approval ratings right now that we've ever seen for a Dem. He's an objectively poor presidential candidate who is terrible on the campaign trail, can't run on his record, and is way, way too fukking old. Dems need an exit strategy right now, but they're so fukking committed to the establishment that they refuse to acknowledge it.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Silky Johnson, you negged me and called this defeatist, but I'm not being defeatist, I want to win. Which will best be done with a candidate other than Joe Biden in 2024. I'm not just talking about how he underperformed and nearly lost in 2020, but also how he was trash all three presidential races he's done, and how he has some of the worst approval ratings right now that we've ever seen for a Dem. He's an objectively poor presidential candidate who is terrible on the campaign trail, can't run on his record, and is way, way too fukking old. Dems need an exit strategy right now, but they're so fukking committed to the establishment that they refuse to acknowledge it.
americans just want to move past the trump/covid/biden era. we hate trump, but shyt is too expensive and biden is too fukkin old. dems replacing biden and running on "the next generation, moving forward" would be a massive momentum shift to the left. trump refusing to step down as the 80 year old would be met with disgust. nobody wants this biden/trump rematch

imagine that. we replace biden with newsom, and immediately get to start shytting on trump for being too old :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
americans just want to move past the trump/covid/biden era. we hate trump, but shyt is too expensive and biden is too fukkin old. dems replacing biden and running on "the next generation, moving forward" would be a massive momentum shift to the left. trump refusing to step down as the 80 year old would be met with disgust. nobody wants this biden/trump rematch

imagine that. we replace biden with newsom, and immediately get to start shytting on trump for being too old :dead:

Newsom talks a great game, but he's still from California and has a ton of baggage both from the state's image and all his personal dirt. Republicans would run on California homelessness, taxes, cost of living, etc. 24/7 - whether it's true or not, heartland and southern voters would believe it. Plus the Dems need to find a smoother way to move on from Kamala, which nominating a woman at the front of the ticket will take care of.

Not that Newsom couldn't win, but I don't think he's the ideal option. Potentially could be the VP.

Big Gretch is where it's at. :banderas:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Newsom talks a great game, but he's still from California and has a ton of baggage both from the state's image and all his personal dirt. Republicans would run on California homelessness, taxes, cost of living, etc. 24/7 - whether it's true or not, heartland and southern voters would believe it. Plus the Dems need to find a smoother way to move on from Kamala, which nominating a woman at the front of the ticket will take care of.

Not that Newsom couldn't win, but I don't think he's the ideal option. Potentially could be the VP.

Big Gretch is where it's at. :banderas:
let's wait one more cycle to nominate a woman. trump's already 1-0 there :snoop:

and you guys know how i feel about the far left, but idk. i guess i just don't give the american people that much credit, to act like newsom vs trump would be a policy debate :dead: it would be a straight up personality contest, and i think newsom panders to women, exploits Roe, and wipes the fukkin floor with trump. i wouldnt even vote newsom in the '28 primary, but he's got a unique window in '24

if there's some popular midwest rust belt democrat out there besides newsom, im all for that, but he better reveal himself soon

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
let's wait one more cycle to nominate a woman. trump's already 1-0 there :snoop:

and you guys know how i feel about the far left, but idk. i guess i just don't give the american people that much credit, to act like newsom vs trump would be a policy debate :dead: it would be a straight up personality contest, and i think newsom panders to women, exploits Roe, and wipes the fukkin floor with trump. i wouldnt even vote newsom in the '28 primary, but he's got a unique window in '24

if there's some popular midwest rust belt democrat out there besides newsom, im all for that, but he better reveal himself soon

It's disgusting that politicians have to cater to simpleton cacs like you:scust:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
can you quote what part of that post offended you? i actually cant tell :mjlol:

Clinton was a terrible, unliked candidate. She would have had the lowest favorability ratings in modern presidential history if Trump's hadn't been even lower. Gretchen is nothing like her.

Reducing Gretchen Whitmer to "can't win cause she's a woman" is ridiculous. She just ran in a state that Biden only won by 0.78%, and won it by 10.5%.

I didn't say "policy debate" anywhere. I said the negative image of California in much of America would be used to hurt him. The fact that this image has nothing to do with his policies is irrelevant.

And he has a ton of personal baggage too - not policy shyt, but scandal shyt.

Hmmm.....if only there was a popular midwest rust belt Democrat out there......who could that possibly describe.....?

AMR0437-1024x683.jpg

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clinton was a terrible, unliked candidate. She would have had the lowest favorability ratings in modern presidential history if Trump's hadn't been even lower. Gretchen is nothing like her.

Reducing Gretchen Whitmer to "can't win cause she's a woman" is ridiculous. She just ran in a state that Biden only won by 0.78%, and won it by 10.5%.
nah, im not gonna entertain this bullshyt. we havent elected a woman in 250 years, because of sexism. stop fukking playing stupid about it :dead:

and whitmer isnt running, breh. shes made it clear shes not abandoning michigan mid term. so its biden or newsom, if you havent been paying attention. id put my life savings on one of those 2 being the nominee. out of the 2, i pick newsom :yeshrug:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
nah, im not gonna entertain this bullshyt. we havent elected a woman in 250 years, because of sexism. stop fukking playing stupid about it :dead:

I guess Obama was a shytty candidate too cause we had never elected a Black man before. :mjlol:

In 2 of the last 3 elections, Democrats have won by nominating a Black son of a Kenyan with a Muslim name that sounded like Osama as the presidential candidate, and a half-Jamaican half-Indian woman from liberal California as the VP candidate. But you're afraid a popular Midwest meat-and-potatoes white woman is going to be a big problem.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess Obama was a shytty candidate too cause we had never elected a Black man before. :mjlol:

In 2 of the last 3 elections, Democrats have won by nominating a Black son of a Kenyan with a Muslim name that sounded like Osama as the presidential candidate, and a half-Jamaican half-Indian woman from liberal California as the VP candidate. But you're afraid a popular Midwest meat-and-potatoes white woman is going to be a big problem.
obama was a generational talent, and probably the best politician we'll see in our lifetimes

the bottom line here is that you're wrong :yeshrug: there is no scenario where whitmer leapfrogs newsom in '24. its biden or newsom. check with pelosi :mjlol:

in the '28 primary, have at it. shyt, i might vote for her too :ehh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Every election is going to be close from now on. I know it’s popular on here to think Biden has no shot against a multi indicted racist elderly obviously demented con man, but let’s try to keep calm here. Biden barely won in 2020 and trump barely won in 2016 and the winner of 2024 is barely going to win.