POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The GOP is moving further to the right. I wonder if we'll get think pieces about how they're alienating independents

Na. We all know that only democrats can only alienate independents.

Sadly, even Trump does better with independents than Biden does.

Independent voters aren't great participators if they're not enthusiastic about a candidate. If the Republicans go even further right and turn off independents even more, it's unlikely that they'll run back to the Democrats, more likely they just won't vote at all. Which Republicans can live with because they have higher enthusiasm and voting %'s within the base.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

:russ:I'm crying, bro. LMFAOOOOOOO.

The combination of stupidity and ego is fukking astonding. I've met bosses who were both dumb and arrogant, but I've never seen one who was that dumb and that arrogant in the same package.

Imagine thinking you are the first person in 250 years to figure out that "U.S." spells "US", and then claiming it's some genius discovery. :laff:

Daps
Sadly, even Trump does better with independents than Biden does.

Independent voters aren't great participators if they're not enthusiastic about a candidate. If the Republicans go even further right and turn off independents even more, it's unlikely that they'll run back to the Democrats, more likely they just won't vote at all. Which Republicans can live with because they have higher enthusiasm and voting %'s within the base.

I always wonder about the term independent and dislike the lack of nuance to it. I know plenty of people what have voted straight ticket republican for 20+ years that are registered independents. Those kinds of people make it really hard to figure out an effective strategy,

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old clips from the new speaker. Pat Robertson’s ghost might as well be the speaker.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I always wonder about the term independent and dislike the lack of nuance to it. I know plenty of people what have voted straight ticket republican for 20+ years that are registered independents. Those kinds of people make it really hard to figure out an effective strategy,

Yeah, because of shyt like that, it's more useful if you're comparing to past or to other candidates in your own party that if you're comparing to the other party. The most important part of what I posted is that Biden has been shedding independent voters and is at the lowest approval rating of his presidency with them, while Trump continues to float pretty steady. That suggests Biden could be in serious trouble against a Republican in 2024 because he needs either massive party enthusiasm or a strong independent push if he's going to win, and he's not getting either right now.

I don't think Biden-boosters fairly take into account that Biden had five massive things going for him in 2020, in order of importance:

1. Very loose mail-in voting rules allowed much higher Democratic turnout than usual
2. All problems/uncertainty about the economy were on Trump's head
3. All problems with Covid were on Trump's head
4. Covid restrictions meant that Biden didn't have to campaign, which he objectively sucks at
5. American feelings about BLM were leaning positive still and helped Democrats

Even with all that shyt going for him, he BARELY won in 2020. 11,000 votes in Arizona, 12,000 votes in Georgia, and 20,000 votes in Wisconsin were all that stood between Biden and defeat. And now he's going to go to battle with a bad economy, covid forgotten, most Americans turned against BLM and angry about crime, Americans tired of war, and no helpful mail-in ballot rules...and he actually has to get out there and campaign where he'll stumble through speeches with small crowds and get lost moving around the stage, if he doesn't trip and fall down altogether?

Biden supporters can't bank on him doing jack shyt in 2024. All you see is them hoping that the opposition's fukk-ups (abortion, criminal cases, poor leadership, unlikeability) are enough to make up for Biden's own shortcomings.

Daps
Yeah, because of shyt like that, it's more useful if you're comparing to past or to other candidates in your own party that if you're comparing to the other party. The most important part of what I posted is that Biden has been shedding independent voters and is at the lowest approval rating of his presidency with them, while Trump continues to float pretty steady. That suggests Biden could be in serious trouble against a Republican in 2024 because he needs either massive party enthusiasm or a strong independent push if he's going to win, and he's not getting either right now.

I don't think Biden-boosters fairly take into account that Biden had five massive things going for him in 2020, in order of importance:

1. Very loose mail-in voting rules allowed much higher Democratic turnout than usual
2. All problems/uncertainty about the economy were on Trump's head
3. All problems with Covid were on Trump's head
4. Covid restrictions meant that Biden didn't have to campaign, which he objectively sucks at
5. American feelings about BLM were leaning positive still and helped Democrats

Even with all that shyt going for him, he BARELY won in 2020. 11,000 votes in Arizona, 12,000 votes in Georgia, and 20,000 votes in Wisconsin were all that stood between Biden and defeat. And now he's going to go to battle with a bad economy, covid forgotten, most Americans turned against BLM and angry about crime, Americans tired of war, and no helpful mail-in ballot rules...and he actually has to get out there and campaign where he'll stumble through speeches with small crowds and get lost moving around the stage, if he doesn't trip and fall down altogether?

Biden supporters can't bank on him doing jack shyt in 2024. All you see is them hoping that the opposition's fukk-ups (abortion, criminal cases, poor leadership, unlikeability) are enough to make up for Biden's own shortcomings.

It still boggles my mind that Trump hasn’t loss any independents. Even if you loved everything he did as president; dude was found liable for sexual assault. About to have his business get the death penalty. And is facing 4 criminal trials. How is none of that moving the needle for his independent supporters?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It still boggles my mind that Trump hasn’t loss any independents. Even if you loved everything he did as president; dude was found liable for sexual assault. About to have his business get the death penalty. And is facing 4 criminal trials. How is none of that moving the needle for his independent supporters?

Because from 2016 on, anyone who supported Donald Trump had to explicitly leave all moral qualms behind, so it doesn't even matter if more scandals came or not. He did an amazing job of being such a morally despicable person on so many levels from the starting gate that they couldn't even evaulate him on that criteria anymore, they had to drop it altogether.

If Trump had had a more normal past, let's say like Al Gore (just told an exaggeration about his life here and there, maybe involved in a slightly disreputable business but nothing illegal), then his scandals would have completely sunk him. They would have proven he was a bad person. But everyone already KNEW Trump was a bad person from the get go, so scandals could do nothing.

That means everyone supporting Trump has given up on the normal criteria that people evaluate politicians by and are left with two things.

1) Emotional appeal (I vote for him cause I like him even though he's a b*stard)

2) Deal with the devil (I vote for him cause all I care about is low taxes, no abortions, white nationalism, etc., regardless of the other stuff)

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Because they are not independent. :heh: