POTUS or Prisoner; The '24 Trump Campaign Fvckery thread

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
im banned from that thread, for being correct about masking :ehh:

:laff: i cant believe i felt bad for this fukking guy when he was getting threats. deserved every bit of it

NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week

Search

NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week​

By The Associated PressApril 28, 2023

FILE - Dr. Anthony Fauci, former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, speaks during a press briefing at the White House, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022, in Washington. On Friday, April 28, 2023, The Associated Press reported on stories circulating online incorrectly claiming Fauci “admitted” in a recent interview that face masks were a “failure.” (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File)
ADVERTISEMENT

A roundup of some of the most popular but completely untrue stories and visuals of the week. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. The Associated Press checked them out. Here are the facts:
___
No, Fauci didn’t say face masks were a ‘failure’
CLAIM: Dr. Anthony Fauci “admitted” in a recent interview that face masks were a “failure.”
THE FACTS: Social media posts are misrepresenting what Fauci said about masks and COVID-19 and omitting part of his response. The nation’s former top infectious disease expert said mask initiatives may have a small impact at the community level, but in the following sentence he said he believes a properly worn, high-quality mask can be effective protection for an individual. The remarks were made in an interview published by The New York Times Magazine this week, months after Fauci stepped down from his post as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. One tweet claims: “Now Fauci admits masks don’t work after forcing them on kids.” “So yesterday Fauci publicly admitted masks were a failure,” reads a caption on an Instagram post that received more than 6,000 likes. The post included an image quoting Fauci as saying “masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent.” But Fauci told the AP in an email that his comments “were taken out of context and distorted.” The interviewer, David Wallace-Wells, asked Fauci about the national debate over masks, asking whether the “culture-war fights over masking” were “worth it” and citing a randomized trial conducted in Bangladesh to suggest that increased mask use reduced COVID-19 by about 10 percent. “It’s a good point in general, but I disagree with your premise a bit,” Fauci is quoted as responding. “From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level, masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent. But for an individual who religiously wears a mask, a well-fitted KN95 or N95, it’s not at the margin. It really does work.” In other words, Fauci was distinguishing between whether mask-wearing initiatives are effective at reducing COVID-19 in a community and whether properly worn, high-quality masks provide individuals with protection. The Bangladesh study involved providing free masks, of different varieties, as well as encouraging mask-wearing in select villages. The researchers found that mask-wearing increased to about 42% in such villages, whereas about 13% of people wore masks in villages without the interventions. Even without full mask-wearing adherence, the villages with the mask interventions observed a nearly 12% reduction in individuals with COVID-19-like symptoms. Fauci said in an email that “when you look at a study from a population standpoint you may not account for the fact even though masks are recommended and/or required, many people do not wear them some or all of the time or they do not fit properly.” “However, I made it eminently and explicitly clear that when masks are used consistently and properly, at the individual level they are highly effective,” Fauci added. Jason Abaluck, a Yale economics professor and co-author of the Bangladesh study, likewise said in an email that there are two separate questions at hand: Do high-quality masks prevent COVID-19? And do public efforts to increase masking reduce COVID-19? A key factor for the latter, Abaluck said, is whether the initiative works in getting people to actually wear the masks.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
im banned from that thread, for being correct about masking :ehh:

:laff: i cant believe i felt bad for this fukking guy when he was getting threats. this monster did untold damage to millions of children, all based on lies

What does that have to do witb Desantis :skip:

You fell for that Milli Vanilli a$$ politician

Last edited:
Daps
NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week

Search

NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week​

By The Associated PressApril 28, 2023

FILE - Dr. Anthony Fauci, former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, speaks during a press briefing at the White House, Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2022, in Washington. On Friday, April 28, 2023, The Associated Press reported on stories circulating online incorrectly claiming Fauci “admitted” in a recent interview that face masks were a “failure.” (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File)
ADVERTISEMENT

A roundup of some of the most popular but completely untrue stories and visuals of the week. None of these are legit, even though they were shared widely on social media. The Associated Press checked them out. Here are the facts:
___
No, Fauci didn’t say face masks were a ‘failure’
CLAIM: Dr. Anthony Fauci “admitted” in a recent interview that face masks were a “failure.”
THE FACTS: Social media posts are misrepresenting what Fauci said about masks and COVID-19 and omitting part of his response. The nation’s former top infectious disease expert said mask initiatives may have a small impact at the community level, but in the following sentence he said he believes a properly worn, high-quality mask can be effective protection for an individual. The remarks were made in an interview published by The New York Times Magazine this week, months after Fauci stepped down from his post as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. One tweet claims: “Now Fauci admits masks don’t work after forcing them on kids.” “So yesterday Fauci publicly admitted masks were a failure,” reads a caption on an Instagram post that received more than 6,000 likes. The post included an image quoting Fauci as saying “masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent.” But Fauci told the AP in an email that his comments “were taken out of context and distorted.” The interviewer, David Wallace-Wells, asked Fauci about the national debate over masks, asking whether the “culture-war fights over masking” were “worth it” and citing a randomized trial conducted in Bangladesh to suggest that increased mask use reduced COVID-19 by about 10 percent. “It’s a good point in general, but I disagree with your premise a bit,” Fauci is quoted as responding. “From a broad public-health standpoint, at the population level, masks work at the margins — maybe 10 percent. But for an individual who religiously wears a mask, a well-fitted KN95 or N95, it’s not at the margin. It really does work.” In other words, Fauci was distinguishing between whether mask-wearing initiatives are effective at reducing COVID-19 in a community and whether properly worn, high-quality masks provide individuals with protection. The Bangladesh study involved providing free masks, of different varieties, as well as encouraging mask-wearing in select villages. The researchers found that mask-wearing increased to about 42% in such villages, whereas about 13% of people wore masks in villages without the interventions. Even without full mask-wearing adherence, the villages with the mask interventions observed a nearly 12% reduction in individuals with COVID-19-like symptoms. Fauci said in an email that “when you look at a study from a population standpoint you may not account for the fact even though masks are recommended and/or required, many people do not wear them some or all of the time or they do not fit properly.” “However, I made it eminently and explicitly clear that when masks are used consistently and properly, at the individual level they are highly effective,” Fauci added. Jason Abaluck, a Yale economics professor and co-author of the Bangladesh study, likewise said in an email that there are two separate questions at hand: Do high-quality masks prevent COVID-19? And do public efforts to increase masking reduce COVID-19? A key factor for the latter, Abaluck said, is whether the initiative works in getting people to actually wear the masks.
Look at that goofy white boy, back out of the Bushes, crying like a bytch about wearing masks in a pandemic like it's still 2021, resorting to bullshyt tweets about stuff that Fauci didn't say.

What a clown.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Yeah with my former congressman Colin Allred (pre-2021 redistricting) being the obvious favorite for the '24 Texas U.S. Senate Dem nomination, I definitely don't see Ted Cruz endorsing Trump for the '24 GOP POTUS. Trump made Texas too close in 2020, winning by less than 6 points. Meanwhile all the statewide GOP officials won comfortably in 2022 by double digits.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Politically, this is very smart.

Desantis would be too shook to even do a Fox News town hall. :mjlol:

'wokeacrocy'
'woke left'
' indoctrination'
' woke schools'
' woke companies '
' that's a woke question'
' you can only be woke after you wake up from sleeping'

I'd rearrange my schedule for that shyt. But it can't be Fox oh no. He needs to try somewhere else. Which will never happen.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah with my former congressman Colin Allred (pre-2021 redistricting) being the obvious favorite for the '24 Texas U.S. Senate Dem nomination, I definitely don't see Ted Cruz endorsing Trump for the '24 GOP POTUS. Trump made Texas too close in 2020, winning by less than 6 points. Meanwhile all the statewide GOP officials won comfortably in 2022 by double digits.

this is where its gonna get fun. trump doesnt have an endorsement from a single senator or governor, just a few low-level fluffers in congress :mjlol:

*edit: no credible senators or governors outside dark red areas

i cant WAIT to see who guys like cruz, rubio, kemp end up endorsing

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
this is where its gonna get fun. trump doesnt have an endorsement from a single senator or governor, just a few low-level fluffers in congress :mjlol:

i cant WAIT to see who guys like cruz, rubio, kemp end up endorsing

2 governors and 11 senators